Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.2 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 02/05/19

13 hours ago, Gorwald said:

I think statement of leveling and vessels actually is pretty biased since it's kinda "easy" now to make another vessel with a better quality than the basic one with the crafting disciplines and with all the people who are advanced trained into Necromancy.

So yeah to level your blue/epic vessel, that you can easily have now, it's pretty "long", but at start it won't be the first thing you will think about since nobody will have access to advanced necromancy and until it happen, you will have time to stockpile a lot of sacrificing stuff for this vessel of your dream.

The time it takes to level a vessel i dont think is the main issue i feel the problem is you need to be lvl 25 to be useful in pvp thats the real issue.
If you got all ur skills relativly quickly the levels wouldnt be an issue the problem is there way to much power to far down the talent tree. If  we had all our skills by lvl 15 and passives it be better after 15 you start getting upgrades to your skills and all that might be better i think :)

Knights pursuit feedback

If you use pursuit to charge somone and u run into them mid charge you will stop on the spot while you continue to run on the spot for the remainder of the duration till the anaimation is finished meanwhile there running away from you while your running on the spot kinda annoying as tbh.
Would be so much nicer if when u collide with somone the effect of the charge goes off in my case as a sentinel its the Stun/dmg instead of waiting for the whole duration.

Atm you run around in circles around them while trying not to hit there model and the moment u stop running you quickly jerk the camera to be facing them so you can get the stun or dmg off. its kinda silly :P 

For 5.8.3 snap test (there's no thread):

• All skinnable npc's are doubled up on 3d models.  This persists until you kill and loot the creature.
  • Spider Queen is the same physical size as the normal spiders until you kill and loot her.
  • Crafting runes fit better as an exploration rune rather than a major, especially since your first major isn't unlocked until level 18.

Knight Onslaught chain

Twin Assault attack: attacks twice infront of you twice for 15-20+17% weapon dmg for each strike

why, why would anyone do this attack 172 energy to do 40dmg x 2 on somone with armor with a blue heavy mace? sure its an aoe and all but it has shorter range than my basic left click so your only ever gonna 1 target maybe 2 if your lucky. In comparison my left click (First attack which is the weakest of the AA does 300dmg).

Also to put it in perspective the other skill i can use instead does 168-227+197% weapon dmg for a little more energy also slightly longer range too and much faster animation.

I almost feel you missed a number in the % dmg on twin assault.

52 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Knight Onslaught chain

Twin Assault attack: attacks twice infront of you twice for 15-20+17% weapon dmg for each strike

why, why would anyone do this attack 172 energy to do 40dmg x 2 on somone with armor with a blue heavy mace? sure its an aoe and all but it has shorter range than my basic left click so your only ever gonna 1 target maybe 2 if your lucky. In comparison my left click (First attack which is the weakest of the AA does 300dmg).

Also to put it in perspective the other skill i can use instead does 168-227+197% weapon dmg for a little more energy also slightly longer range too and much faster animation.

I almost feel you missed a number in the % dmg on twin assault.

The only reason to use it is because it is cheaper than using Brutal Strike. If your energy is low and you want to use Shockwave or Obliterate, then using Twin Assault is better. But yes, it should absolutely do more damage than it does. 

They need to review the costs, cooldowns and damage of all knight abilities.

As of 5.8.2, ranger no longer appears to regen its energy when in its survival or ranged tray. As can be expected, this makes melee fairly useless for ranger right now.

12 minutes ago, BleakSymphony said:

As of 5.8.2, ranger no longer appears to regen its energy when in its survival or ranged tray. As can be expected, this makes melee fairly useless for ranger right now.

I just tested on LIVE and my energy regenerated in all 3 trays. Are you sure your food meter isn't below 70%?

53 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I just tested on LIVE and my energy regenerated in all 3 trays. Are you sure your food meter isn't below 70%?

Was at 90%. I am going to guess you have the talent for Regen in either Warden or Brigand if you can Regen in melee. I am currently leveling this ranger (have done one before) and don't have that talent yet. I think it is the base regens that aren't working, even if the talent one is. Gleeful Strike still seems to work, for example. 

Will relog shortly and see if the problem is persisting. Will double check my food, too, but I am OCD about staying at 90-100%. 

Edit: After relogging the problem seems to have resolved itself. 

Edited by BleakSymphony
Update

28 minutes ago, akram.ej said:

Assassin skill Ambush only works 2 out 10 Times without apparant reason

There are definitely a few skills in the game with a tendency to "misfire". Impale on duelist is another, at least 1/2 the time you will hit the skill, do the animation, but deal no damage and not spend any pips. Definitely pretty annoying.

15 minutes ago, Devonic said:

When I create a new character, I start off up high and have to drop down and die.

Workaround is to recall. It'll take you to the correct starting point.

Edited by VaMei

2 hours ago, VaMei said:

Workaround is to recall. It'll take you to the correct starting point.

Also, you are invulnerable when you first log in. Drop down right away and you shouldn't be dying.

@thomasblair

I asked the question about Block Bonus in the livestream today. Based on your answer, my understanding is that it adds a percentage to the damage that Block mitigates. On the TEST server, I have .35 Block Bonus, which is an extra 35% mitigation from Block (10 from the Knight's Unbreakable talent and 25 from constitution).

However, Block increases Personal Damage Modifier, which is capped at 50%. I have 4.5% from the Armory talent. Block by default gives 50%, so when I am blocking, I am not getting the benefit of the Armory talent. Whether I am blocking or not, I never get the benefit of my Block Bonus, either from Unbreakable or from constitution.

You mentioned the cap, but as far as I can tell, there is no way to increase that cap. The Unbreakable talent is currently useless, as is Block Bonus.

There are many other caps which have similar problems. All of the Armor Bonus caps are set at 35%. Every player in the game, regardless of race, class or type of armor, can get 18% armor bonus to all physical, elemental and organic damage via the skill trees. Knights can get another 11% physical armor bonus via talents. Shields give an automatic 3% physical armor bonus, even if you craft it to have elemental or organic. Dexterity gives .035 armor bonus per point. If I have 100 dexterity, that's a total of 3.5% armor bonus from dex, which gives me a total of 35.5% and puts me over the cap. 

Because the cap is set at 35%, the following abilities/bonuses aren't of use to a knight:

• Mudman Crushing Armor Bonus
  • Marshy Body (Mudman)
  • Militant Mage Slashing Armor Bonus
  • Sword Ward (Militant Mage)
  • Scarecrow Piercing Armor Bonus
  • The Armor Bonus portion of Needlin' Haystack (Scarecrow)
  • Runecaster Physical Armor Bonus

There may be others, but all of these abilities/bonuses add to one or more physical armor bonus values and, since the knight is already capped from everything else, these do nothing.

The Knight's Secutor talent raises the Final Mitigation caps from 65% to 75%, but it doesn't raise the Armor Bonus caps, which means the only way to get from 35% to 75% is via armor. We shouldn't need to have the best armor possible to take advantage of that bonus.

I know you said that we can technically go over the caps to account for armor penetration, but that isn't at all intuitive as it's hidden behind the scenes, and does that even work for the Armor Bonus caps or does it only happen for the Final Mitigation Caps? If I am at 35% Slashing Armor Bonus and I equip Sword Ward (which gives 25%), is my Slashing Armor Bonus actually at 60 and then reduced by the enemy's penetration? Can I actually get more than 35% from Armor Bonus? If I have 30% slashing armor from my chestplate, 60% from armor bonus and the enemy has 20% penetration, am I getting a total of 70% mitigation? Or is Armor Bonus always limited to 35%, so in that scenario, I get 65% minus the enemy's armor penetration?

I know you guys have a million things on your plate right now, but at some point this stuff really needs to be looked at and clarified.

Some other bonus caps you might want to look at are the damage bonus caps, particularly for the Templar Vindicator, as their Slashing Damage Bonus cap is way too low given the bonuses they get from talents.

On a more positive note, I really like the Retribution ability that you added to the Runecaster discipline, and I like the changes to the Firewalker (Elementalist) discipline. There are a few issues though.

The Reflect Elements ability is only giving Fire Armor Bonus, not Elemental Armor Bonus. I don't know if the reflect is working against all or only against fire.

The Retribution ability doesn't show anything in the Retribution Damage or Retribution Damage Bonus stats. Can it be modified by retribution stats on armor? If not, that's probably going to be confusing, as I know the Retribution Strike ability on Blade Master can be. Also of note is that the damage calculation might be off. I tested it with and without using block and with block, I did much less damage when Retribution ended, which means that I'm not getting credit for the damage that was mitigated by block. I can understand it not taking armor bonus and armor into account, since it adds to Personal Damage Modifier, but other abilities/bonuses that add to that modifier shouldn't affect the calculation.

Speaking of Retribution Strike, it does appear to do the retribution damage as I saw the mob's health going down slightly whenever they hit me with it active, but there was no fly text and nothing in the combat log.

Chaos Beachhead is still spawning players on cliff edge OVER the cave instead of spawning on the cave floor. Sometimes I can navigate my Half-Giant over the rocks, but sometimes he plunges to his doom onto the cave floor. Stupid way to die.

Thanks,

J Mc

5 hours ago, Jah said:

Also, you are invulnerable when you first log in. Drop down right away and you shouldn't be dying.

I think my laptop loads the game too slow for this.  I jumped as soon as I got in with a different character and died.

It seems as though Vanish on duelist occasionally (perhaps just when it actually hits someone) pulls the duelist out of stealth on detonation. This is very counter-productive for an Ultimate skill that is generally used as an escape, as it immediately leaves you vulnerable again for no predictable reason. If this is by design (not a bug), it is bad design, as some other skills that deal damage (spirit dart, stink bomb, go for broke (sort of)) don't strand you in combat tray when used in stealth. I know Brigand traps do destealth you (though I'd argue they shouldn't either) but those are just regular skills where Vanish is an ultimate geared toward escape. There is no good reason (imo) for Vanish to destealth you on detonation. 

Inconceivable Duelist Power frequently does the animation but takes no Pips and applies no buff.
I've sometimes had this happen up to 5-6x times before getting the buffs