Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.2 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 02/05/19

Where's there 5.8.3 SNAP feedback thread? 

Currently you guys took away Master of Bows, gave Arcane Archer and Sharpshooter binding arrows, but removed the ability for Wardens or Brigands to have access to quivers if they want to be an Arcane Archer. If there's no fix for this, then you killed my willingness to play Ranger having to custard around with stack of ammo!

Some random thoughts on actions I'd suggest adding experience gains to in addition to sacrificing and killing monsters:

• Capturing outposts/towers, possibly with a modifier based on rank (though I'd suggest they should always give a small base amount of XP)
  • Capturing forts
  • Defending forts: XP granted on a tick to anyone within/on the fort walls when the fort is "under attack"
  • Defending/attacking keeps: XP granted on a tick for everyone in proximity to a keep or bane tree during the siege window
  • Harvesting non-basic ore/stone/trees/graves, with a bonus for motherlodes
  • First time visiting an outpost/tower/fort/named area during a campaign (exploration experience)
  • Repairing fort/keep walls and other repairable structures

Duelist / Slayer Issues (Broken Things)

Talent Tree - "Energetic"

Should provide Basic Attack Damage bonus of 5% per point spent (up to 3 points).

- DOES NOTHING

Talent Tree - "Run and Gun" (Slayer Only)

Enhances Rapid Fire to increase combat movement speed while channeling.

- DOES NOTHING

3 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Currently you guys took away Master of Bows, gave Arcane Archer and Sharpshooter binding arrows, but removed the ability for Wardens or Brigands to have access to quivers if they want to be an Arcane Archer. If there's no fix for this, then you killed my willingness to play Ranger having to custard around with stack of ammo!

Though rangers always had access to piercing quivers

Bugs

• Black mask discipline Call darkness prevent you from doing any damage to the target instead of counting each attack you deal as behind target for 15 sec (tested on half Elf ranger brigand)

Duelist - Go For Broke Power - The cooldown for this power is being affected by weapon weight 10x what it should.  Two advanced weapons (combined weapon weight 10) is adding a 10s cooldown, instead of 1s.  Double heavy weapons (combined weapon weight 80) adds 80s instead of 8s.

TEST 5.8.3 Feedback

• Powers from Master of Swords, Master of Shields, and Master of Rapiers were not deprecated :( 
  • Damage From Behind causes you to do no damage, tested on Brigand Ranger
  • Militant Mage, Scarecrow, and Mudman all are counters to a specific type of Physical Damage, yet Elementalist is a blanket counter to all Elemental Damage. Some serious Blair Math going on there.
  • Minotaur Racial Bull Rush still cannot be slotted into the Ranged Tray and Minotaur Racial Bloodthirst still uses Resource
  • Ranger Talent Ranger Savvy doesn't grant the Gleeful Strikes Passive
  • Duelist Dirge Passive doesn't show up as a buff when equipped
  • Duelist Dirge Redirect Pain Heal over Time might be based off current HP instead of Max HP. Will test more later.
  • Both Arcane Archer and Sharpshooter grants Binding Arrows, and both Knife Grinder and Black Mask grant Cripple
  • Rune Caster Retribution gives you a white-ish shader. Is this a new Retribution shader?
    • Severe Frostbite also causes this shader to appear (on Target Dummies)
  • Patcher won't let you scroll all the way down to see the rest of the 5.8.3 Notes.

5 hours ago, Navystylz said:

I could still equip my Ice Quiver. Though, I never switched out my discs from last patch, so I'll have to check again.

5 hours ago, Scorn said:

Inconceivable Duelist Power frequently does the animation but takes no Pips and applies no buff.
I've sometimes had this happen up to 5-6x times before getting the buffs

I find I have to wait for the buffs to wear off before I can successfully cast it again. Could be a coincidence tho

5.8.3 feedback: 

I was able to hear zombies attacks sound effects from far away in full volume (It felt like I was hearing zombies from mine while being inside fort which is a few km away from mine).

When you are near runegate there is "Rune...." label under buffs UI.

Z0oZ2Uw.png

@thomasblair @mhalashace

Assassin Toxins.
The disc Poisoner.

When u apply the Poison Toxin it is overridden by the Poisoner.

What this means is that if you have a toxin on your target poisoner actually replace it.  Effectively removing the original toxin.

So while they are both Poison effects, the lower damage on the Poisoner is what overrides the higher damage of the Toxin.

Intended?

also : 

If you put on the passive : Poison on the last hit...Then you don't even apply your Toxin what so ever (Disease or Nature toxin)

Edited by Soulreaver

5.8.3 feedback: @thomasblair @mhalashace

I didn't note the Steal Soul lifesteal passive power moved onto any of the other disciplines from the retired Master of Daggers rune, but I did notice Illusionist only has 3 powers on it. Perhaps you can kill 2 birds with one stone there.

22 minutes ago, moneda said:

I didn't note the Steal Soul lifesteal passive power moved onto any of the other disciplines from the retired Master of Daggers rune, but I did notice Illusionist only has 3 powers on it. Perhaps you can kill 2 birds with one stone there.

Skullcrack on mace mastery didnt make it anywhere either :( was my best dmg skill too

48 minutes ago, moneda said:

Illusionist has 4 abilities, 2 active: Invisibility and Glamour Weapon, and 2 passive: Phantom Feints and Hot Foot.

3 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Illusionist has 4 abilities, 2 active: Invisibility and Glamour Weapon, and 2 passive: Phantom Feints and Hot Foot.

Not in the 5.8.3 build.

npGV2hQ.png

1 hour ago, moneda said:

Not in the 5.8.3 build.

npGV2hQ.png

Weird. I created one yesterday, again this morning after updating the client, and again just now. All 3 have the invisibility power:

ZiSN1XQ.png

Edit: The power says Non-Stealth Classes only. Are you on a stealth class? Maybe that's why you can't see it. Stealth abilities lol.

Edited by Arkade

I think it's hidden automatically based on the class you're playing?  I see the same thing on a Duelist, but a Cleric shows all four.  Black Mask is similar; shows four powers on Duelist, but only two on Cleric.

18 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Edit: The power says Non-Stealth Classes only. Are you on a stealth class? Maybe that's why you can't see it. Stealth abilities lol.

12 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

I think it's hidden automatically based on the class you're playing?  I see the same thing on a Duelist, but a Cleric shows all four.  Black Mask is similar; shows four powers on Duelist, but only two on Cleric.

Hmm, that sounds like it could generate a LOT of confusion (as we can see here). Maybe just grey them out in non-usable classes? Way more user-friendly IMO.

I posted about this bug a long time ago, but I never checked until now to see if it got fixed. Apparently it didn't.

Spellbound bows still do less damage than basic bows. These are the bows I am using for the test, along with basic arrows (26-41 damage):

NqhHD5B.png

I used only basic attacks charged to 100% and fired 20 shots with each bow at a practice dummy. All tests were done on a Stoneborn Knight with Arcane Archer equipped.

Here are the numbers for the basic bow:

760 crit
649 crit
714 crit
605 crit

That's an average of 535.3

These are the numbers with the Spellbound bow:

511 crit
567 crit
617 crit

That's an average of 434.65, which is about 100 damage less per shot.

It's possible that Weapon Weight has something to do with it, but this issue has existed since long before Weapon Weight was ever a thing.

Out of curiosity, I also did 20 shots with the Spellbound bow using epic ice arrows (41-59 damage):

624 crit

That's an average of 445.5, a slightly higher number despite only getting one crit. Also, the ice arrows occasionally cast Frostbite, which applied a DoT. So the arrows seem to be working as expected, but the bow is not.

Edit: I can also use Advance Piercing Arrows, but not Crushing or Slashing. I assume this is because I am able to use basic arrows, which are also piercing, and Arcane Archer only gives me elemental damage types. The bleed on the Piercing arrows doesn't work when using a Spellbound bow, though I imagine that is by design.

It should probably be changed so that either Advance Piercing Arrows can't be used except for with the bows that allow it, or probably better, update all of the tooltips for arrows to specify which bows will proc the DoT.

We also need some sort of Electricity arrow. We've got ice and fire, but nothing for Electricity damage.

Edited by Arkade

23 minutes ago, Arkade said:

We also need some sort of Electricity arrow. We've got ice and fire, but nothing for Electricity damage.

Pretty sure Stormcaller Druids get those.

Anyway, nice research on the bow damage. This is pretty alarming, and I wonder if this indicates why Ranger damage in 5.8 seems so, meh.