Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
InfernusDL

Invisible Archer, is it a known bug?

Is there a known bug that causes the archer to be able to change trays and remain invisible?
That night I made a PVP against Navystylz player but it only can be seen to us when we called Alertness ...
Another interesting factor is that in combat log there was no name of the player that was attacking me ...

If this is some BUG, the player who is using it in their favor could not have their account banned?
I agree that the game are not ready!

[PT-BR]

Existe algum bug conhecido que faz com que o arqueiro consiga mudar de tray e continuar invisivel?
Essa noite fiz um PVP com o player Navystylz mas ele só aparecia para nós quando ligavamos o Alertness... 
Outro fator interessante é que no combat log não aparecia o nome do player que estava me atacando...

Se isso for algum BUG, o player que está usando isso em seu favor não poderia ter sua conta banida?

Casting Rapid Fire Invisible (no name)
unknown.png

unknown.png

No player name on damages...

unknown.png

Edited by InfernusDL

It seems to be a problem with the woodelf racial invisibility. Same thing happened recently with a stormcaller in my faction. I'm not sure if the player exploited the bug on purpose or didn't even know it was happening.

I'm pretty sure this is new to 5.8.2. I use camoflage a lot and never had it happened. But yesterday morning, after the patch I was play around and next thing I know I was stuck in Hidden. I thought it was just a shader bug, because that's nothing new to this game. But when I helped people out getting attacked I realized that no one was reacting to my presence at all. 

So after couple times I actually found what triggers it and reported it. But can't say I feel sorry when a group of Pit Fighters, Plate Fessors and Knights roll in. People wanna cheese the most broken classes in game to roflstomp people and call for bans because couldn't kill me easily :lol:

Edited by Navystylz

2 hours ago, pistkitty said:

You want to start waving account bans around, because the game is buggy as hell, in pre-alpha?  Are you insane?

Not at all.. But using exploits on game it's not fair... 

Or, let's everybody farm invisible, kill invisible and make the Crowfall game a great game...

Edited by InfernusDL

I think you have a fundamental missunderstanding of our role, here. This is not a game, it's a test environment.  Putting aside that the man immediately reported the bug as a bug and was not exploiting anything, that's exactly what we're meant to be doing, is finding these types of things, replicating them if we can, exploring how and why they happened so that the devs can fix them.  You're getting all bent out of shape over nothing.

Interesting, I'm going to abuse the bug a little until I fix it, since that's the most interesting way to solve it.

2 hours ago, pistkitty said:

I think you have a fundamental missunderstanding of our role, here. This is not a game, it's a test environment.  Putting aside that the man immediately reported the bug as a bug and was not exploiting anything, that's exactly what we're meant to be doing, is finding these types of things, replicating them if we can, exploring how and why they happened so that the devs can fix them.  You're getting all bent out of shape over nothing.

2 hours ago, Yuukai said:

Interesting, I'm going to abuse the bug a little until I fix it, since that's the most interesting way to solve it.

You're not wrong, though. I never took the bug out of that zone and didn't teach anyone, but honestly, the more people that know it and use it the faster it forces the devs to fix it. Just as long as they don't require a wipe like the duping exploit. 

The funny thing, and I know it's not the player's fault, is that most people can not compete with a Pit Fighter even several vs 1, without chaining very specific abilities to try and shut down the ridiculous sustain. Yet people will gleefully play these broken classes to roflstomp everyone. But that's ok, because it's not your fault the devs haven't done serious balancing. But ban the ranger who got stealth bugged and even free wailing on target damage couldn't do anything without help 🤣

Do not worry.
Since that day I stopped playing crowfall, I'm playing other games until new updates come out.

23 hours ago, Navystylz said:

You're not wrong, though. I never took the bug out of that zone and didn't teach anyone, but honestly, the more people that know it and use it the faster it forces the devs to fix it. Just as long as they don't require a wipe like the duping exploit. 

2 hours ago, Yuukai said:

Do not worry.
Since that day I stopped playing crowfall, I'm playing other games until new updates come out.

Lol, wow. That really messed with you didn't it? I don't understand Portuguese--though I should be learning it considering I'm married to a Brazilian--but got the sense that the stealth attacked really got to ya. Watching that video. I don't think anyone has reported or mentioned stealthed Wood Elves since that day, though. Only Druids and Rangers can do because that's the only class Wood Elves can be, and there aren't many of those classes running around. 

11 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Lol, wow. That really messed with you didn't it? I don't understand Portuguese--though I should be learning it considering I'm married to a Brazilian--but got the sense that the stealth attacked really got to ya. Watching that video. I don't think anyone has reported or mentioned stealthed Wood Elves since that day, though. Only Druids and Rangers can do because that's the only class Wood Elves can be, and there aren't many of those classes running around. 

I think what got to Yuukai is that the current testing environment allows players to exploit bugs without consequences. If you are knowingly using a bug to your advantage, you are exploiting. When I stumbled upon the Brigand permastealth bug, I reported it and stopped using the rotation that caused it -- even though it meant changing my playstyle. And I'm waiting to see whether the new Illusionist power will allow other classes to exploit the same bug, since the power seems based on the Wood Elf racial.

2 hours ago, Pwca said:

I think what got to Yuukai is that the current testing environment allows players to exploit bugs without consequences. If you are knowingly using a bug to your advantage, you are exploiting. When I stumbled upon the Brigand permastealth bug, I reported it and stopped using the rotation that caused it -- even though it meant changing my playstyle. And I'm waiting to see whether the new Illusionist power will allow other classes to exploit the same bug, since the power seems based on the Wood Elf racial.

Ya it sucks. Like chaos using campfires to heal the tree, knowing that's not intended. The problem is the time it takes to fix but then they wait to patch it in. Probably have fix before they release new patch. That's not gonna change though, so maybe he shouldn't test. Haven't seen any mention in chat for forums about someone else using it, and I have already explained what happened that first day. Never used it on someone again after that. So it's not like this bug is being rampantly exploited, like some others.

Invisibility is just camo with another name. I went on test to see if I could replicate it with that power. Tried for a bit before logging. Wasn't extensive. I know the Wood Elf one exists on test as well. Could just be the timing. Was trying to do it on a Illusionist Confessor. 

On 2/9/2019 at 3:52 PM, Navystylz said:

Ya it sucks. Like chaos using campfires to heal the tree, knowing that's not intended. The problem is the time it takes to fix but then they wait to patch it in. Probably have fix before they release new patch. That's not gonna change though, so maybe he shouldn't test. Haven't seen any mention in chat for forums about someone else using it, and I have already explained what happened that first day. Never used it on someone again after that. So it's not like this bug is being rampantly exploited, like some others.

Invisibility is just camo with another name. I went on test to see if I could replicate it with that power. Tried for a bit before logging. Wasn't extensive. I know the Wood Elf one exists on test as well. Could just be the timing. Was trying to do it on a Illusionist Confessor. 

You attacking an invisible player without being able to take damage back is very easy, if that is not exploiting a bug what is it?

Sign in to follow this