Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Valandril

Alternative Name in game: Houses!

Hi all!

I hope you are enjoying Crowfall like me !

I Start this thread to share with all of you a suggestion about the name that is displayed in game.
Currently, giving a name to the character that we created in Crownfall does not help much, since you end up seeing the name of the account.

I heard about this recently. A friend told me that it was like a punishment measure for those toxic players, because that way you could identify the player regardless of the character that was created. However, I think there is a better way to respect this and to make the game more oriented to the role play.

And that is: Familiy names!

My idea is that the account name is used as the surname of our characters, as if it were a house they serve. So if a player is toxic, it will be as if "that family" had no honor.

Thus the name of the characters could be seen.

I give you an example:

My username is Valandril (As you can see in this post)

I create a Druid named: Pathelin, and in the game would be "Pathelin Valandril".

I create a Templar called: Uller, and in the game would be "Uller Valandril".

I hope you have understood me, despite my English quality XD.

What do you think?

Edited by Valandril

Interesting, but it wouldn't work quite as simple. Your case is an exception since your account name work as surname. What about me? Karl BarriaKarl?

But yeah, the naming in CF is a little weird. It doesnt affect me since I will only play males and 'BarriaKarl' would be what I would use in all my characters, but I can see how it would affect some players that like to come up with differents names to differents chars.

Yeah Some account name it does not seems an epic house name, but I think that they give to you a one change name option xd

1 minute ago, Devonic said:

character names are just for you.   Your account name is the name of all your characters

Yes, I know the current use for account name, I suggest to change that for promote the roleplaying game. 

I for one do not like my account name as my Character Name. I expected that the character name that I gave to the character would be what was seen in game and not the account name. Now I can' t change the in game character name to what I would like it to be. :( 

Its what Black desert online uses. You have a family name(account) and player name. You can see both in game. Personally I dont want to come up with a unique name once thousands of names have been made. "Hello bob7865_smith$5" I dont like that my log in name is my display name... Giving everyone your log in name just means they need to get the password, Its like the first rule of IT

On 3/11/2019 at 12:05 AM, Noric said:

Its what Black desert online uses. You have a family name(account) and player name. You can see both in game. Personally I dont want to come up with a unique name once thousands of names have been made. "Hello bob7865_smith$5" I dont like that my log in name is my display name... Giving everyone your log in name just means they need to get the password, Its like the first rule of IT

This is absurd XDDDDD because the name of the account is currently displayed as a name in the game.

I do not understand your point of view then.

I just say add the name of the character (Currently not shown in the game) to the name that is currently displayed (account name). Simply for the fact of favoring the interpretation of the character, because Crowfall is a role-playing game.

It's an interesting idea, but I definitely don't want it to be implemented. Not to mention there is already enough screen clutter, doubling the names of everyone (first and last name) would make it abysmal. Plus not everyone wants to change their name to something that would work for this solution, for example I just want to go Jj or Jjusticar or Jjohnsin. It's what I've always gone by. 

I'd just say, make a roleplaying world band where it displays character name instead of account name or something like. Or maybe give people a toggle to display character names in their EK, and display character names only visible to them or their group within CW's.

1 minute ago, Jjusticar said:

It's an interesting idea, but I definitely don't want it to be implemented. Not to mention there is already enough screen clutter, doubling the names of everyone (first and last name) would make it abysmal. Plus not everyone wants to change their name to something that would work for this solution, for example I just want to go Jj or Jjusticar or Jjohnsin. It's what I've always gone by. 

I'd just say, make a roleplaying world band where it displays character name instead of account name or something like. Or maybe give people a toggle to display character names in their EK, and display character names only visible to them or their group within CW's.

Yes, but the account name must always be shown according to the developers, so that the players know who is a toxic player.

If it is implemented correctly, it does not have to be so overwhelming.

I say it because, that all my characters are called equal, it takes away charisma when it comes to role-playing with my friends.

All my characters are called Valandril, regardless of race and gender. It's strange.

1 minute ago, Valandril said:

All my characters are called Valandril, regardless of race and gender. It's strange.

I mean, your only argument for them to change it is that it's strange for your roleplaying, which I would agree that probably is weird.

But I can think of many more arguments for it not to be changed. Which is why I gave a suggestion for a toggle that will show your character name for you and your friends when in a group or EK but still display your account name as is to enemies. 

2 minutes ago, Jjusticar said:

I mean, your only argument for them to change it is that it's strange for your roleplaying, which I would agree that probably is weird.

But I can think of many more arguments for it not to be changed. Which is why I gave a suggestion for a toggle that will show your character name for you and your friends when in a group or EK but still display your account name as is to enemies. 

Only argument and main argument. Since Crowfall is an MMORPG. (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). In the vast majority of online role play (if not all), the name of the character is displayed. Right now, Crowfall looks more like a MOBA than a MMORPG XDD

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Valandril said:

Right now, Crowfall looks more like a MOBA than a MMORPG XDD

What? So just because the game doesn't display a character name, despite all of the social/combat/character building/world systems, it's a MOBA. Hmm..

You seem pretty focused in on your opinion without providing any possible solutions or compromise so, think this conversation is done. GL 

Edited by Jjusticar

7 minutes ago, Valandril said:

Only argument and main argument. Since Crowfall is an MMORPG. (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). In the vast majority of online role play (if not all), the name of the character is displayed. Right now, Crowfall looks more like a MOBA than a MMORPG XDD

It is a roleplaying game, but the role that we play is that of an immortal Crow. Regardless of which mortal vessel you inhabit, your Crow is known to the other Crows by one name. That doesn't make it a MOBA by any stretch of the imagination.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 minutes ago, Jjusticar said:

What? So just because the game doesn't display a character name, despite all of the social/combat/character building/world systems, it's a MOBA. Hmm..

You seem pretty focused in on your opinion without providing any possible solutions or compromise so, think this conversation is done. GL 

Yeah, it's more like a MOBA.

"Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), also known as action real-time strategy (ARTS), is a subgenre of strategy video game"

Crowfall is defined as an MMORPGRTS, but I think that the RPG is left over, only MMORTS, that is ... a MOBA

(I speak of the current state of the game)

8 minutes ago, Jah said:

It is a roleplaying game, but the role that we play is that of an immortal Crow. Regardless of which mortal vessel you inhabit, your Crow is known to the other Crows by one name. That doesn't make it a MOBA by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you interpret your crow in any way?
Or simply take resources to become stronger and be able to beat the rival in the sieges?

I don't know ... but it smells a bit like Starcraft here, right? (RTS, RTS + MO = MOBA)

2 minutes ago, Valandril said:

Yeah, it's more like a MOBA.

"Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), also known as action real-time strategy (ARTS), is a subgenre of strategy video game"

Crowfall is defined as an MMORPGRTS, but I think that the RPG is left over, only MMORTS, that is ... a MOBA

(I speak of the current state of the game)

I mean if you want to argue this argument then Crowfall is actually technically defined as a Throne War PC MMO, not an MMORPG, with literally no role-playing defined in the actual sub-genre. So...under the same logic you just brought up your argument for role-playing doesn't have a basis. 

Not to mention, MOBA's have evolved into their own genre and frankly have very few of the characteristics that RTS games have and used to have.