Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Valandril

Alternative Name in game: Houses!

4 minutes ago, Valandril said:

I see that many people around here do not know what a role-playing game is.

I leave this here, for the clueless: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

I don't see anything on there about how adding a last name to your character switches a game from a MOBA to an MMORPG.

You should check out some of the articles and videos ACE has made about Crowfall. It will help you to understand the role we play in this roleplaying game.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Valandril said:

I see that many people around here do not know what a role-playing game is.

I leave this here, for the clueless: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

"through a process of structured decision-making regarding character development." 

Literally in the article you linked I can make the argument that literally acting out your character isn't what makes an RPG an RPG. But having character development/customization (i.e levels, disciplines, races, classes, etc) can also allow a game to be considered an RPG. So...under your argument that Crowfall is an MMORPGRTS with RPG left over, the article you link literally says because of character development in the game the RPG is in fact not left over. 

I'm done now.

Edited by Jjusticar

Posted (edited)

I don't want last names.  I want all of my chars to be named Mandalore.

I hate to bring some lore into this to attack your idea but the bodies you inhabit and build, Frankenstein style, are not your original body.  You are a crow, a spirit blessed with eternal life and the ability to posses vessels (bodies you've made whole).  Your crow has an identity but the vessels are just meat for you to inhabit in your holy war for the gods favor.  Why would a ghost change their name and identity based off the body they are possessing? @Valandril

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Your crow has an identity but the vessels are just meat for you to inhabit in your holy war for the gods favor.  Why would a ghost change their name and identity based off the body they are possessing? @Valandril

^ This.

Last time i checked, no one puts on a short sleeved football shirt and jeans and leaves their house as Tim (with ID, SSN and all the things that identify a person). Then the next day puts on A cowboy hat, some overalls and a T-shirt and is now Billy Bob (with an entirely new ID, SSN, etc). Then the day after puts on a jacket, some hair junk and some tight jeans and is now Fonzie (again with entirely new identity documentation). Last time i checked their are not 60+ iterations of *insert generic anime/video game character here* at a convention. Doesnt matter how many people dress up as *insert generic anime/video game character here*, they are not *insert generic anime/video game character here*, they are still whoever they are before the costume was put on they just changed their look.

The Crow is the character, the vessels are the clothing.

Edited by ShadowwBoi13

Posted (edited)

((On a roleplaying basis? Okay sure.))

I have not dredged the once forbidden secrets of the scholars of a hundred dead worlds to be insulted so! Though you may skulk in such a ramshackle cage as you are, I caution you to quiet such words.

What I construct is not merely a man or woman or beast made whole again. It is the best parts of two, or three, or SIX of such creatures, rent of weakness by a skilled hand and infused with what little remains of the Serpent Which Swallowed Worlds.

Would you claim a thoroughbred mare was a mere donkey? Would you let the Chosen of the Gods and all that stands between creation and oblivion play at being a housewife or muckraker or servant once again? Foolish nonsense!

These are precision instruments made animate by the only known natural predator of That Which Consumes All. They have no families, nor surnames, nor limps, nor pox, nor age. All that has been rent from them with purpose. Carved away to the bone and replaced with the better flesh of another with no such failing. They are more perfect than any living thing could ever be. They must be, for The Hunger consumes all that lives.

Though you may be fresh and remember that which you once were fondly, you will come to know your place. You pine for a thing that is lost to you. In time you will mourn it, and then scoff at it, and one day long distant from now you will forget it entirely.

On that day perhaps you too will be worthy of my instruments. On that day the thing that you now wish to be will seem as distant to you as the sparrow to the hawk.

Until then, insult the Necromancer's works at your peril.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 3/21/2019 at 1:07 AM, PopeUrban said:

((On a roleplaying basis? Okay sure.))

I have not dredged the once forbidden secrets of the scholars of a hundred dead worlds to be insulted so! Though you may skulk in such a ramshackle cage as you are, I caution you to quiet such words.

What I construct is not merely a man or woman or beast made whole again. It is the best parts of two, or three, or SIX of such creatures, rent of weakness by a skilled hand and infused with what little remains of the Serpent Which Swallowed Worlds.

Would you claim a thoroughbred mare was a mere donkey? Would you let the Chosen of the Gods and all that stands between creation and oblivion play at being a housewife or muckraker or servant once again? Foolish nonsense!

These are precision instruments made animate by the only known natural predator of That Which Consumes All. They have no families, nor surnames, nor limps, nor pox, nor age. All that has been rent from them with purpose. Carved away to the bone and replaced with the better flesh of another with no such failing. They are more perfect than any living thing could ever be. They must be, for The Hunger consumes all that lives.

Though you may be fresh and remember that which you once were fondly, you will come to know your place. You pine for a thing that is lost to you. In time you will mourn it, and then scoff at it, and one day long distant from now you will forget it entirely.

On that day perhaps you too will be worthy of my instruments. On that day the thing that you now wish to be will seem as distant to you as the sparrow to the hawk.

Until then, insult the Necromancer's works at your peril.

OMG... i love that....

"They are more perfect than any living thing could ever be. They must be, for The Hunger consumes all that lives."

Okey, i dont need surname with this explanation XDDDDDDD

Mandalore UnderArmor is my new name  irl

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png