Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wasichu

The Banewood

Keeps and the plethora of capture points. Why capture them? Just to say you won the campain. Two suggestions one a dungeon like darkness falls from DAOC. It was the most brilliant idea they implemented. Which ever side owned the most keeps and outpost gained control of the dungeon. In the dungeon you could earn a currency from mobs to get great gear. This gear wasnt near as good as crafted gear which it shouldnt be but it was sufficient to be pvp viable. Lower tier mobs would drop a currency that would give good gear for low lev players and deeper in mobs droped epic currency.  This did two things the dominant faction was in the dungeon and not able to quikly defend keeps and when the next faction took control of the dungeon they could muster together as a group and kill the mobs along the way to kill opposing faction while they were in the dungeon farming when you got to thier quadrant of the dungeon. It made for some of the most exciting feelings on both ends. When new faction got in it was like lets go get them SOBs and on other side of coin you were like aww hell we better get ready for battle or get back up top to retake our keeps. The smaller capture points on map scattered about play a roll in weakening the defences of the keeps. More capture points you took less guards spawned and their damage and defence was lessened. This makes small groups important for the roll as well.

I'll counter propose with the Acklay

Rather than a dungeon only for the team that is winning, how about an open world dungeon that spawns on a schedule at a random location within the leading faction's home zone? The loot doesn't need to be a new currency, loot can be in many forms without hurting the player driven economy; gold, limited use recipes & rare additives leap to mind. High quality resource nodes & dense mob spawns on short respawn times can be scattered throughout the dungeon as well as a distraction to the unfocused.

Being an open world event, just being the leader doesn't mean your team will automatically get the loot. We all know when the dungeon will spawn, and in what zone... So it ends up being a scouting race in the leader's home territory followed by a multi-faction raid fight getting to the bottom. Lots of opportunity for PvP in multiple settings.

Edited by VaMei

Additionally, while winning campaigns doesn’t mean much during this testing phase, in the long run there will be rewards for winning (including more or just the ability to export resources). Due to the cycling of campaigns there’s more depth to the soft reset of a new campaign than in a more static game world like we’ve seen in previous games.

Thats a good Idea as well Vamei. Problem with your response Duffy is the Dominant force will remain dominant thus always getting rewards. This happened in DAOC pre expansion with Albion. Darkness falls the pvp dungeon lessened the forces up top so less dominant forces could put had a easier start to thier push. 

The currency in Darkness falls was not trade or sellable and only used at the vendors in the dungeon it also degraded faster if I recall. Like I said crafted was the best

Edited by Wasichu

Its a pvp dungeon. And their is pve in this game all for resources. Same for a pvp dungeon. No more different than farming in quarrys.

Not to mention it would expand on the lore of the Hunger

Edited by Wasichu

I don't think dungeons are on the current list of planned features, however I think your suggestion could be accomplished with existing systems like the runegates + islands. Maybe have some in-game activity trigger a runegate that opens to a new island zone with high level creatures or resources.

Dungeon is kinda a generic term. It could be The Banewood forest home of the god causing the hunger. Skys the limit. As well as bringing the lore to life. All nodes and beast have 15% chance to drop rarer materials. 

Gotta think of ol' UncleBob. Your suggestion would play right into his hands.

The thought that a faction would be too distracted from farming to notice the enemy turning the scoreboard seems way to optimistic. Especially because keeps have fixed siege windows and it takes alot of objectives and time to actually catch up with the leading faction.

I would actually love to see amore interesting central map piece accesible to all 3 faction though. Be it a farming/ganking hotspot or any other incentive for concentrated pvp action. It can also be called a dungeon for all I care as long as it has nothing to do with grinding mobs for some kind of currency. That's the kind of stuff I hope never comes to crowfall.

3 minutes ago, Glitchhiker said:

as long as it has nothing to do with grinding mobs for some kind of currency

Rethinking that: we obviously already have that and it makes me salty, but please no more.

Edited by Glitchhiker
Wrong quote