Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Luthare

I have not been following.. where are we?

What is going on with Crowfall? I see people talking about keep defenses so I know the game must be light years ahead of when I last checked. How fun is the game and combat? 

Any former Dissent Shadowbane playing? 

Thank you for any info you might provide.

26 minutes ago, Luthare said:

What is going on with Crowfall? I see people talking about keep defenses so I know the game must be light years ahead of when I last checked. How fun is the game and combat? 

Any former Dissent Shadowbane playing? 

Thank you for any info you might provide.

Anytime I hear dissent all I can think of is Manshoon, Zhentil Keep, throwing a rage tantrum about them. 

When the game works it’s fun.  There’s some Grindy aspects to it and if you want viable end game gear you need a guild.  The division of labor to harvest, stockpile and craft decent gear is insane so more hands make it easier.  People in the smaller guilds might be in greens and blues still while the larger guilds should be in purps and legendary (weapons) and it does make a difference.  Vessels and jewelry require motherloads which in turn require groups, again. 

The siege mechanics are in but the server is overwhelmed when you have larger fights.  If you can handle crashes, performance issues, incomplete loops, unfinished mechanics, bugs and exploits then come on it but if you can’t then I suggest you wait and come back in a few months and check back in.  It’s a work in progress, it gets better every month. 

Thank you very much for reply.

Not sure how I feel about equipment.. Shadowbane made it so easy to get the best gear. (I'm sure easier than was originally envisioned) But to be honest the combat was so fun that alone kept us playing. I'm afraid that people who really like pvp will be turned off by an uneven playing field. 

You said the game is fun and I'm very glad. Just wondering..  Did you play SB? If so... if you had to rate the fun factor of sb vs this game what do you think? SB imo was the most fun pvp game I have ever engaged in. Now keep in mind I dont like preset small scale stuff like WoW arena that many people do enjoy. I'm just not one of those people. The mass fights SB allowed when led by a decent battle planner.. well I've just never had more fun. 

Anyway I just got a new rig a few weeks back that is pretty nice and was a huge upgrade for me. So guess I'm ready and will try Crowfall out for myself. 

Thanks again. 

combat is nowhere near as fun as shadowbane so far. It is very twitch based and shadowbane had more tactics instead. Hoping though that the combat will improve like alot.

Whats the state of the game?  Here, i'll give you a quick honest gritty break-down.

1.  You will do more "survival" work than any other MMO in existence.  The idea of "FUN" right now apparently is everything and anything that has to do OUTSIDE of combat.  Whats that, you wish you would have been a lumberjack or maybe work at a rock quarry in real-life??? Well you are gonna LOVE this game.

2.  Whats that, you wanted "character attachment" and a sense of an "MMO persona" like WoW, UO, DAOC, or even Shadowbane??? Nope, You get to do mindless leveling on your "body/vessel" just to eventually GRIND to do the whole thing over.

3.  Want to actually go farm mobs and get gear drops like every other COMBAT mmo?  Nope, not gonna happen, go back to smashing more trees/rocks and mouse clicking for hours on end.

4.  Character customization/skills/stats your thing? Wrong game right now.  The trees are becoming more and more simplified and eventually having a unique/broken character that you at LEAST DESIGNED ON YOUR OWN will never even be a possibility.

A few Pro's:

1.  Devs are actually beginning to implement "rewards" for testing/playing this game/work-simulator.

2.  Devs are putting monthly questions/answers monthly on Twitch.  There's hope PvP'ers/nostalgia players are making a "dent" in the direction of this current game plan.

I admit it, i'm jaded but being honest.  I don't feel this game was advertised as ANY of this at launch and its really unfortunate.  I know this is alpha but notice I'm not complaining about BUGS, Graphics, lag, hitching..nope, just 100% core direction/dynamics.

On the bright side the dev(s) are from Shadowbane..sooooooo well see.  But right now I just cant "work", I mean play.

Wrain

Edited by Wrain

On 2/10/2019 at 12:49 AM, nomadmerc said:

combat is nowhere near as fun as shadowbane so far. It is very twitch based and shadowbane had more tactics instead. Hoping though that the combat will improve like alot.

Welcome to 2019. Standing in stacked groups and doing dps simulations on your target is not my idea of fun. Yes I'm over simplifying the combat in shadowbane, but it looked terribly boring and is not fit for modern gaming.

Shadowbane is why there is even have a crowfall and to rip its combat which has stood the test of time at least in nostalgia and emu land is an amateur call besides linking 'modern' with the current combat in Crowfall which is merely subjective. Crowfall combat could be described as poorly done bunny hopping. The current design has too much movement in combat without a negative cost. My vote is that there should be draw backs to jumping in combat maybe 100 percent crit rate against a target in the air.