Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaleOne

Going Afk while waiting to cap towers isn't fun-How to fix

Recommended Posts

So most of the territory control game involves just standing around in a circle-- half of us alt tab and get on the forums because its so boring. Especially if you are capping stuff alone-

Actually holding forts and keeps have some benefit- but towers and campfires lack real benefit-

Make Towers act as Respawn points- Give XP and loot on guards- Give XP on Capture- And give leaderboard contribution points over time for points you capture.

Please stop the random placement of towers and campsites. - Have a human being place them strategically to hold choke points, graveyards, and other poi so you cant avoid them and they guard actual valuable real estate

Fix the toast messages to include towers and campsites. Have them report sightings of the enemy.

And make fort capture contingent on holding the guard towers nearby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

So most of the territory control game involves just standing around in a circle-- half of us alt tab and get on the forums because its so boring. Especially if you are capping stuff alone-

Actually holding forts and keeps have some benefit- but towers and campfires lack real benefit-

Make Towers act as Respawn points- Give XP and loot on guards- Give XP on Capture- And give leaderboard contribution points over time for points you capture.

Please stop the random placement of towers and campsites. - Have a human being place them strategically to hold choke points, graveyards, and other poi so you cant avoid them and they guard actual valuable real estate

Fix the toast messages to include towers and campsites. Have them report sightings of the enemy.

And make fort capture contingent on holding the guard towers nearby. 

JTC actually mentioned having a particular type of outpost in the future that would serve as a spawn point so they could change up the spawn mechanics (during last week's discussion over discord I believe). So I hope that's already being considered because it would fix a few things. 

In my opinion though, the best way to deal with outposts (other than more integral ones like spawn "statues", etc) would be to set the timer to a 5-10 second capture as long as the guards are dead. That way, you can balance each outpost's "cap-ability" by the level of the guards at them and it would give a chance for small groups to do something useful without breaking the scoreboard. 

I think they generally have to be careful though on rewarding players with too much/any gold/exp on captures or else the community begins screaming from the "BUT THEY'LL JUST BE FLIPPED OVER AND OVER FOR INFINITE(TM) EXP/GOLD FARMZ!!!11!!" script. But I agree with pretty much everything you said. Outposts need a point in the gameplay loop whether it be tactical or otherwise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I think they generally have to be careful though on rewarding players with too much/any gold/exp on captures or else the community begins screaming from the "BUT THEY'LL JUST BE FLIPPED OVER AND OVER FOR INFINITE(TM) EXP/GOLD FARMZ!!!11!!" script. But I agree with pretty much everything you said. Outposts need a point in the gameplay loop whether it be tactical or otherwise. 

They could use a system similar to the capture points system. The more time an POI is held the more XP it gives upon capture. With a cap, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Samulus said:


I think they generally have to be careful though on rewarding players with too much/any gold/exp on captures or else the community begins screaming from the "BUT THEY'LL JUST BE FLIPPED OVER AND OVER FOR INFINITE(TM) EXP/GOLD FARMZ!!!11!!" script. But I agree with pretty much everything you said. Outposts need a point in the gameplay loop whether it be tactical or otherwise. 

 

Who cares?  I mean at least you out in the world and subject to being interfered with while doing it and not much different than spawn camping critters that are basically helpless if your even marginally organized.

VP =XP + (Minimum) is I think a good model, for any capture.  Those multiple K forts suddenly become much more tempting for groups if you all know it's an instant level.

We will have to see what ACE has for the promised more sources of XP.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

They could use a system similar to the capture points system. The more time an POI is held the more XP it gives upon capture. With a cap, of course.

Oh I meant for the experience and gold-giving potential PaleOne wanted to attribute to outposts. I think they should give some XP for sure, I was just stating that the community will knee-jerk with that response. Whether it's a valid point or not remains to be seen lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would want to see a chest in the camps and towers. Only Lootable once the guards are dead.
Inside, there would be a loot, like mats and such and on a 1 hour respawn. A token which gives a 2 minute buff if used. 
Strength of many - While this buff is active you count as 5 people for the purposes of capturing points.

2 minute duration.

But you could also turn it in for 1 export in a keep. Or could trade/sell it to other players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would want to see a chest in the camps and towers. Only Lootable once the guards are dead.
Inside, there would be a loot, like mats and such and on a 1 hour respawn. A token which gives a 2 minute buff if used. 
Strength of many - While this buff is active you count as 5 people for the purposes of capturing points.

2 minute duration.

But you could also turn it in for 1 export in a keep. Or could trade/sell it to other players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire outpost/fort/keep system is atrocious. No one will endure that for very long.  It’s not a sustainable model unless you want your population to be a rotation between 200 people at verying levels of burnout and indifference.

Edited by Ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Samulus said:

 

Oh I meant for the experience and gold-giving potential PaleOne wanted to attribute to outposts. I think they should give some XP for sure, I was just stating that the community will knee-jerk with that response. Whether it's a valid point or not remains to be seen lol

Why is killing NPC controlled towers for loot and experience any worse than farming zombies or spiders?

Guards are much more difficult than mobs of a similar rank yet give the same loot or worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, PaleOne said:

 

Please stop the random placement of towers and campsites. - Have a human being place them strategically to hold choke points, graveyards, and other poi so you cant avoid them and they guard actual valuable real estatE

There whole map random placement of everything is terrible. Especially so with seemingly no real artwork assets to throw into the “randomizer 9000”.

Towers and keeps need to make strategic sense. Towers really should be tied into keeps as well as so many have suggested.

I wonder if anyone on staff has actually played siege games. Seems only spreadsheet crafting guys. A+ in that department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding on to allowing players to set the location of towers and campsites, what if guilds could place and own them (on top of the points already provided to the faction) as long as they kept control.  Holding the point could allow for a guild spawn point as well as providing some sort of guild point or resource gain for the guild as long as they held it.  What those guild points would provide the guild, I don't know.

Edited by Mr.Scapegoat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

simple fix is already introduced in alot of games and it is works. every participant get score for capturing which can be exchanged in faction's npc (temple for example) for consumables.

bandages (lets say some unique one which are better than regular bandage), gold (for lvling), XP runes to sacrifice  which are bounded to account and can't be traded, XP bonus potions (also bounded to account), prestige points which can be traded for skins or whatever cosmetic they add in future.

and another important thing - all keeps and forts should collect reward. if they got recaptured very often, there will be no reward.

 

I dont see any reason to give XP to capturers coz:

1) low lvl can't capture anyway

2) at the start forts are nautral.

3) bugs which makes forts are neutral

4) usually ppl doing capturing on the capped characters but they'd love to get XP bonus for their next vessel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...