Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Etel

Primary stats only meaningful as boosters of AP?

So I was looking at the way primary stats (STR, DEX etc.) effect secondary stats (Attack power, healing modifier, etc.) thinking about future interesting builds. However, testing leveling a new char revealed that the effects are extremely small, am I missing something here? Why have all these interactions if maxAP will always be the best route? 

Take INT. 1 point in INT increases Healing modifier by 0.05 percentage points and Critical Damage by 0.04. That means that if one spent say all 90 level stats points, it would still only increase these stats by 4.5/3.6 percentage points.

Support power looks even worse, remember you need hundreds or thousands of points here, and one statpoint in Spirit increases support power by... 0.5 points.

I am mostly wondering whether this is correct, but it also strikes me as a bit dull.

I basically leveled an assassin a couple of times and took notes on how the stats changed as I increased the various primary stats. Another example: CON34= 5282 hp, CON28=5264, 1CON=(5282-5264)/(34-28)=18/6=3. So, +1 CON = +3 HP.

I also took notes on my AP at various stages and then ran around hitting the same mobs with basic level attacks. Some statistics on the combat logs (OLS regression) gave me +1AP = +3.2 damage , but I was quite tired at that time so not sure.

N.b. to readers, I a no expert, just playing around! For one, I do not know if all effects are linear, or if there are undocumented interaction between stats, and so on.

8 hours ago, Etel said:

I basically leveled an assassin a couple of times and took notes on how the stats changed as I increased the various primary stats. Another example: CON34= 5282 hp, CON28=5264, 1CON=(5282-5264)/(34-28)=18/6=3. So, +1 CON = +3 HP.

I also took notes on my AP at various stages and then ran around hitting the same mobs with basic level attacks. Some statistics on the combat logs (OLS regression) gave me +1AP = +3.2 damage , but I was quite tired at that time so not sure.

N.b. to readers, I a no expert, just playing around! For one, I do not know if all effects are linear, or if there are undocumented interaction between stats, and so on.

That's not accurate. With the variance in damage, it's impossible to measure the contribution of AP to damage, but Blair has told us that it is 10 AP = 1 damage. I believe that's base damage though, and is subject to multipliers on abilities/crits/etc.

It would be helpful if the damage listed on the bottom right of the character window were a combination of weapon + min/max damage + damage from AP. Right now it's just weapon damage, which isn't very useful.

Edited by Arkade

9 hours ago, Etel said:

Haha Don't worry.

I think those numbers have been this way, pretty much irrelevant that is, since forever. Which was one reason I wanted a more acurate report, to see if they changed at all.

Hehe alright, hopefully and probably they will be tuned in the future! Currently they seem to mostly work as a trap for people who intuitively want to diversify their stats a bit.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, Arkade said:

That's not accurate. With the variance in damage, it's impossible to measure the contribution of AP to damage, but Blair has told us that it is 10 AP = 1 damage. I believe that's base damage though, and is subject to multipliers on abilities/crits/etc.

It would be helpful if the damage listed on the bottom right of the character window were a combination of weapon + min/max damage + damage from AP. Right now it's just weapon damage, which isn't very useful.

Well you can still measure the average increase in damage, all you need is info on the (changing) stats of a character and a combatlog. That said, my calculations were very preliminar and might be off, or specific to the early levels, and so on. But it is far from impossible, it is only a question of what information one needs.