Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Synns

Clerics basic weapon

Should Clerics have a basic weapon they can use when out of mana. Melee classes can still swing a weapon without their resources but Clerics are basically left weaponless when out of Mana which is abit stupid really.

Its annoying for sure. Though, they would have to make it so its only melee range and the power is reduced. Like its lost its magical powers. It would really help out those players who start way late into a campaign and find they can't even kill a pig to get meat to get over the hunger debuff.

Why is a cleric attacking?  Radical is just poorly made socks is both design and execution.  Arbiter can neither heal nor dps effectively and CC is nearly worthless when people can retaliate spam. 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

On 2/12/2019 at 2:10 PM, mandalore said:

Why is a cleric attacking?  Radical is just poorly made socks is both design and execution.  Arbiter can neither heal nor dps effectively and CC is nearly worthless when people can retaliate spam

Because not everyone has a ready made crew, or has them available constantly, or is, through whatever circumstances, the last one standing.  I occasionally tackle an outpost while out skinning, and it's a chore.  Most classes have a build / spend balancing mechanic, and cleric is all spend.  I've had to literally run around in circles trying to survive long enough to regen mana because I could do absolutely nothing, including LMB.   We absolutely need a backup plan, or a tweak, or both

4 hours ago, pistkitty said:

Because not everyone has a ready made crew, or has them available constantly, or is, through whatever circumstances, the last one standing.  I occasionally tackle an outpost while out skinning, and it's a chore.  Most classes have a build / spend balancing mechanic, and cleric is all spend.  I've had to literally run around in circles trying to survive long enough to regen mana because I could do absolutely nothing, including LMB.   We absolutely need a backup plan, or a tweak, or both

So radical has a mana tweak on test that makes it slightly more viable but I suggest taking the minor hit me (take damage get mana, playing a HG (take damage get mana) or both.  Illuminate helps but isn’t enough mana sustain even with ult and having max weapon power efficiency.  I’d suggest a max int then dump into str vessel as attack power for you cokes from int and str is damage multiplier.  

This is all moot as long as Elementalist is as strong as it as; it 100% negates everything but your divine light/searing light.  Clerics being just fire damage is bad. 

wiDfyPp.png

I had forgotten about Hit Me.  It does help marginally.  Unfortunately as I recall they are starting to remove discs from crafting circulation so we're going to run into a catch-22 where we need it to get it.  

I think the underlying problem is a) cleric LMB requires mana (that one's obvious) and b) cleric spells are tuned a little too heavy on the resource requirements.  I run out of mana very quickly even concentrating on heals.   Fix either of these problems (not both) and I think things will even out.  

Fire being cleric exclusive damage could be an issue as well; I don't know how mandatory Elementalist is at the moment, but this is another arguement for alternate weapons.  I recall cleric being able to equip mace back in the day.  I'm kind of surprised they didn't incorporate that into at least one of the lines.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pistkitty said:

I had forgotten about Hit Me.  It does help marginally.  Unfortunately as I recall they are starting to remove discs from crafting circulation so we're going to run into a catch-22 where we need it to get it.  

I think the underlying problem is a) cleric LMB requires mana (that one's obvious) and b) cleric spells are tuned a little too heavy on the resource requirements.  I run out of mana very quickly even concentrating on heals.   Fix either of these problems (not both) and I think things will even out.  

Fire being cleric exclusive damage could be an issue as well; I don't know how mandatory Elementalist is at the moment, but this is another arguement for alternate weapons.  I recall cleric being able to equip mace back in the day.  I'm kind of surprised they didn't incorporate that into at least one of the lines.

They have fixed the mana issue on test but HG makes it a lot easier.  Hit me on top of the HG makes mana management a non factor.  Of all the races HG seems to be the best choice for radical.  The high base str helps and you can easily hit the races int cap for max attack power and dump the rest into str.  Of all the races, the HG passive is the only one that offers something radical needs: mana.  If you manage your mana, have some weapon power efficiency from the ranged weapons trees, are a HG taking some light damage, use illuminate on CD (it’s a huge damage boost) and ult when you can the mana was 100% doable.  Since they are an auto attack cleave beast I really like the careless whispers minor with their ult.  

Elementalist is a ridiculous major disc that blocks all three cleric specs, half the damage from all three Templar’s, all of the damage from all three confessor specs, stormcaller Druids, arcane archer rangers, the fire trap from all three rangers, non bomb arch Druid damage and sieges weapons.  There’s no other rune that directly negates the damage of so much in the game.  On top of all that damage mitigation it also brings a strong offensive aoe that is excellent for damage.  

Clerics used to be crushing damage.  The weapon trees still are crushing damage based.  I liked when clerics were tri-damage.  Crushing damage from auto attacks, fire damage from holy symbol and unmitigated holy damage from the blind.  You couldn’t really resist everything and there’s not exactly an abundance of crushing damage in the world so it wasn’t a rush to mitigate it.  

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

If they could manage it, I could see an argument for cleric hammer swinging normally without a mana cost if target is within melee range.  A cool interaction would be for the damage to also change from fire to (back to) crushing.  They don't seem to be interested in class balance (although they are sometimes interested in class imbalance) and fleshing out each advanced class to make it flow better within its role at this point in development.

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, pistkitty said:

I've had to literally run around in circles trying to survive long enough to regen mana because I could do absolutely nothing, including LMB.

I usually can keep mana reserves pretty high by using illumination and my ult. Also worth noting if you have the passive that does healing if you hold up your block (And really every cleric should IMO) that's a stamina burner so I sprinkle blocks into my combat liberally both because it's good, and because it means I spend less time burning mana between illumination / ults.

However if you take all these measures and still really consider it to be a problem, I'd consider taking the eminently punchable minor which generates resources (mana in this case) when you receive damage. For a character that heals itself, and given you alluded to this being a problem when you solo, this should entirely solve your problem.

Edited by Andius

Clerical mana problems disappear with Field Surgeon and Noble purpose, prior to this it's a tightrope. Once you have Field Surgeon you can constantly throw hammers and throw every single heal you have as soon as cooldown over. The power curve between a cleric without Field Surgeon and with is staggering.

40 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Clerical mana problems disappear with Field Surgeon and Noble purpose, prior to this it's a tightrope. Once you have Field Surgeon you can constantly throw hammers and throw every single heal you have as soon as cooldown over. The power curve between a cleric without Field Surgeon and with is staggering.

I always laugh at the absurdity of healing cleric wanting to do dmg.  Noble Purpose is required to just be able to use your heals without fear of mana.  They need to either nerf noble purpose a little so clerics have to watch their mana or just decrease the cost in spells so nobody is overly concerned with mana.  Personally I'd rather they lower noble purpose value since purgative and rescue are already super strong.  Even with rehabilitation being dog poorly made socks noble purpose is the best healer discipline and pixie is a close second (for clerics).  Either way as it stands noble purpose makes it so the key resource for clerics is just ignored and we do whatever we want. 

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

you throw your hammer for optimal soul power charging for miracle, rather than the damage itself. [but obviously far smoother / more contribution compared to say the druid]

O I know why WE do it but most people do it for dmg. 

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

O I know why WE do it but most people do it for dmg. 

and that third lmb combo can do an alright amount!

*cries in druid spark - unsustainable ['pure healer will be doing it 0% of the time and has poor soul power gen] and no damage progression per stage*

Edited by Tinnis