Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zatch

Duelist 5.8 Feedback

24 minutes ago, oneply said:

personal healing modifier

Is that the only thing that affects it? That doesn't explain why the heal amount varies. 

15 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Is that the only thing that affects it? That doesn't explain why the heal amount varies. 

They say pips do to. Idk if I’ve noticed a significant difference whether it’s 1-5. I get pretty consistent numbers outside of the occasional crit. 

4 hours ago, Puffs said:

Duelist really needs some love and has needed it for a long time now. Our major abilities not working has been going on for awhile.

My guess is we'll see Frostweaver before any big class fixes.

Likely don't have a lot working on class specifics all the time so we wait till there is time.

Although it is interesting to see some changes each update for other classes while rather major issues continue for others, especially Duelist. Hope those are just easier or at the top of a long list. Not that they believe Duelist is fine. They didn't have a problem "fixing" Duelist damage a while ago because of a bug.

2 minutes ago, APE said:

My guess is we'll see Frostweaver before any big class fixes.

Likely don't have a lot working on class specifics all the time so we wait till there is time.

Although it is interesting to see some changes each update for other classes while rather major issues continue for others, especially Duelist. Hope those are just easier or at the top of a long list. Not that they believe Duelist is fine. They didn't have a problem "fixing" Duelist damage a while ago because of a bug.

They didn't have an issue fixing Assassin's and Duelist's damage, but now Alpha warriors are hitting 1-2k crits consistently on their attacks, on top of hitting 3-5k crits on Neckbreaker right after (an ult that charges extremely fast). Keep in mind that during Sin's and Duelist's high damage, it wasn't uncommon for people to have ~15k health and 50% mitigations. 

It's silly.

6 hours ago, Puffs said:

They didn't have an issue fixing Assassin's and Duelist's damage, but now Alpha warriors are hitting 1-2k crits consistently on their attacks, on top of hitting 3-5k crits on Neckbreaker right after (an ult that charges extremely fast). Keep in mind that during Sin's and Duelist's high damage, it wasn't uncommon for people to have ~15k health and 50% mitigations. 

It's silly.

I don't want to see Champ or others that are popular to be toned down, I'd rather have less popular options brought up. Be it bugs, damage, basic class design changes, etc. Some options seem to lean heavy on the pros or strengths and little on the weakness side. Don't want to see 1v1 balance or comparison, but some options lack enough X currently which limits effective choices and results in a stale meta and game.

If Assassins and Duelist are just DPS+Stealth with little else to offer an individual or team, then they should excel at both of those. Currently neither seems worthwhile for the cons that come with them. Beyond looking cool I guess. If their job is to gank nubs trying to level, pretty sure any class can do that.

During the course of playing, I try to compare the Duelist class to other class filling up a similar role.

1) Stealth Group:

During sieges and battles, you might want to have people field an infiltration group. Currently, Assassin is the one and only bread and butter, mainly because of the Fae speed boost. The Duelist is just too slow to follow any stealth group, does not have the survivability of a life-leech assassin in sustained combat, no poison for sustained DPS (Impale isn't as good), and weaker Burst.
In a stealth role, I feel Duelist is just a weaker assassin.
Slayer does have the ability to engage at distance, but any enemy looking at you will force you to escape and abandon the group.

2) Support DPS:

Pepperbox is an amazing zone stun, and that's kind of it. The Duelist is a boring 1-trick pony.
In engagements with over 2 groups on each side, you will simply build up your buffs, then spam basic attacks and pepperbox either on squishy targets for damage, or spam wildly pepperbox to be annoying. (Tanky character are impossible to kill)

As a support DPS, if I compare the Duelist to Rangers, I see their attack distance, sniping capabilities, damages. To a confessor, I see way more DPS or Tankiness, and great utility with the knockback.

I am most certainly biased for not having played every class in the game. However I feel the duelist lack purpose as they do not excel at a particular rôle in group fights.