Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BigJerk

Duelest needs more skills

As a slayer dps low, armor low , outside of redirect pain and pepper box , there doesn't seem to be another useful skill. Despite what others are about to say , I don't see many slayers these days so go ahead and rip away.

Just tried a slayer duelist on Test, and have to say I felt the same.  A few spenders, no real builders outside of LMB (which defaults to melee when duel wielding, was very confusing at first).  Kinda lackluster

While all classes could use a few more powers IMO, Duelist seems like the most if not close to the most limited in variety.

Melee and Range powers go on the same tray. 

One race with one buff power.

5 stealth powers, 3 of which are meh DPS and 1 requires Rapier.

6 melee tray powers, 1 requires rapier and 1 requires dual pistols, 2 are spender buffs.

If someone is running any anti-stealth, essentially removes half powers.

Even if other classes have the same total powers, without the racial diversity, multiple trays, or simply more variety on the main tray, Duelist is rather one dimensional.

Few Disciplines add any more variety that can't be also done on another class.

Assassin are also rather one-dimensional, but at least most of their powers are on one tray, 3 choice of Toxins, multiple races, different weapon choices (sort of), bit more Disciplines variety, and the class just does what it does well (or not). 

Duelist has been my favorite on paper since they were announced, but kind of meh currently. Maybe I'm spoiled after playing the Thief from GW2.

Hoping Frostweaver is more interesting. 

Edited by APE

One of the issues is the reset of Flintlock shot not working. Other than that, they aren't much different than many of the other classes. It's only the specs that maintained the hybrid skills that really feel like full class.