Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Luthare

Vassel system..

Vassel system? good or bad? Seems grindy and could be unbalancing.

Guess I didnt really know much about this and coming from SB this surprised me. The diehards in SB never minded losing a good fight. Losing because someone has grinded more probably wont make people happy.

Thoughts?

It probably seems a little worse than it should right now with some people having vessels with quality way above others. I expect we wont see such a gap when training gets slower. By the time the forefront players upgrade most players should be catching up, leaving hopefully a one tier gap maximum.

Currently I think the extra stats dont do much since the gains are minimal. The main problem is the lack of powers in the early levels. Which, btw, is hated by the community as a whole.

Edited by BarriaKarl

At this point I think weapons and armor make more of an overall effect than vessels.  Necromancy is a royal pain in the butt, a guild activity for certain, and ACE is doing everything they can to make leveling a slow painful process (nonstarter vessels take considerably more xp to level)  so while advanced vessels will have an impact in the long run, I think it will take long enough for them to become "common" that people will be able to compensate in other ways in the meantime.  

I must remember SB differently, or we played at very different times, because there were levels in SB and the power curve was a lot greater. SB had the whole newbie island where once you reached level 25, you were automatically moved to the mainland and at the mercy of higher level players anytime you ventured outside the safe cities. It took a lot more grinding in SB to reach max level. Reaching max level in CF is trivial by comparison. 

Yeah, a crafted vessel is better than a default one, but that's really no different than having better weapons or armor. It's all gear. The larger, more organized guilds are going to make sure they have people filling all of the necessary roles and getting everyone the gear they need. Solo players are going to try to do everything themselves and will fall behind on the gear curve. Having an active economy where players can buy better gear will help, but the game is mature enough for that yet.

Arkade I am probably blending my experience as yeah it was harder to level early in SB history. I'd say at least the last 2 years or so maybe more you could have a new character to max level and gear in just days once you were a part of any decent guild. If the difference in power between vessel'ed and non vesseled is small than probably not a problem. But ive heard that it is pretty significant. True? I cant say for sure. But I do hope this doesnt become something really grindy and unbalancing. I bought into this game at the kickstarter phase and was really looking forward to it. But like many games perhaps it will not be for me. I wanted something where end stage pvp (not just ganking or being ganked) was something not hard to get to. And something that was really balanced. So far the vessel system seems quite a bit different in getting and lvling than just armor or weapons.

I'll just see how the system plays out.

Just now, Luthare said:

Arkade I am probably blending my experience as yeah it was harder to level early in SB history. I'd say at least the last 2 years or so maybe more you could have a new character to max level and gear in just days once you were a part of any decent guild. If the difference in power between vessel'ed and non vesseled is small than probably not a problem. But ive heard that it is pretty significant. True? I cant say for sure. But I do hope this doesnt become something really grindy and unbalancing. I bought into this game at the kickstarter phase and was really looking forward to it. But like many games perhaps it will not be for me. I wanted something where end stage pvp (not just ganking or being ganked) was something not hard to get to. And something that was really balanced. So far the vessel system seems quite a bit different in getting and lvling than just armor or weapons.

I'll just see how the system plays out.

Shadowbane leveling in the first year took weeks or months depending on your guild and eventually could be done in hours while afk and using macros.  It's not comparable under any circumstances.  You could have 100% finished chars in 6 hours with max everything at the end of SB. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

49 minutes ago, Luthare said:

Arkade I am probably blending my experience as yeah it was harder to level early in SB history. I'd say at least the last 2 years or so maybe more you could have a new character to max level and gear in just days once you were a part of any decent guild.

If you are part of a decent guild in CF, getting crafted vessels will be much less of a chore. Many hands makes light work, as the saying goes.