Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zorph

Fanatic Profession

On 2/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, Zorph said:

Does anyone play this?  I don't see many comments on it at all.

because its bad, ooooooooh wow we get little extra duration on cc skills when all you have to do is retaliate... oh and our hellfire doesnt consume our aura as if id be in melee range in leather to hit people

Basically what Yianni said. It is also true about almost all of the CC based promotions on all classes. CC is incredibly weak in terms of duration right now because of the amount of retaliates that are available along with the combined resolve pool.

12Oe7ot.png

The only CC spec I like currently is Champion Barbarian, but it is pretty weak with retaliate the way it is.

The devs have said that they intend for the game not to be a cc-heavy game, that's not fun for the person on the end of the CC train, so either these trees need to be retooled or re-worked completely. These trees should have new flexibility instead of "CC Intensity". Not consuming Sin when using Absolution is a start, it needs more unique features. 

Something like sin stacks 2 at a time, Ultimate suppresses instead of blinds, Flame Wave knocks down instead of knocks up, Flames of Truth stuns 5 targets within 5m after the 10seconds expires, anything new and unique rather than just increasing the effectiveness of bad cc.

15 hours ago, yianni said:

because its bad, ooooooooh wow we get little extra duration on cc skills when all you have to do is retaliate... oh and our hellfire doesnt consume our aura as if id be in melee range in leather to hit people

All CC build are rather bad right now due to retaliate, they need a way to go through retailiate to some degree for example CC from CC classes cant be Retaliated for X time (Based on CC control and there CC defence)
I play a sentinel (Switching to swordmans soon cause last patch gutted it with removal of there stun skill from mace mastery) to get a full duration stun off you need to be able to do 3 rapid CC right after there retaliate CC immune runs out one after each other to get a full dura one. lost my 3rd stun so now class cant CC anyone anymore soooo yeah, already do half the DPS of a secutor the tank knight :P so yeah rip.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, Phr00t said:

The only CC spec I like currently is Champion Barbarian, but it is pretty weak with retaliate the way it is.

The devs have said that they intend for the game not to be a cc-heavy game, that's not fun for the person on the end of the CC train, so either these trees need to be retooled or re-worked completely. These trees should have new flexibility instead of "CC Intensity". Not consuming Sin when using Absolution is a start, it needs more unique features. 

Something like sin stacks 2 at a time, Ultimate suppresses instead of blinds, Flame Wave knocks down instead of knocks up, Flames of Truth stuns 5 targets within 5m after the 10seconds expires, anything new and unique rather than just increasing the effectiveness of bad cc.

Retaliate works well as it is not against any of the classes that arnt spec to be CC (CC classes tend to have like half the dmg output than any other counterpart) however i feel there need to be a talent within  these CC tree to give bonus to go through retaliate to make there CC a wee bit more reliable, I personaly like the idea that CC from these classes will put retaliate on CD based on Crowd control stat vs Crown control defence stat.

Veeshan Midst of UXA