Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devonic

Stealing harvested resources

Did this change, because I had a guy on my team steal the iron or popping out of 'my' node, and it got testy.  I thought you could run and steal someones resource loot.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Silverback said:

Did this change, because I had a guy on my team steal the iron or popping out of 'my' node, and it got testy.  I thought you could run and steal someones resource loot.

It did change, no one can see harvested goodies except group members, as mentioned.  I seem to recall reading that this was another experiment, and things might "return to normal" at some point, with anyone wandering by able to swipe your goodies, but this is the current system.

20 minutes ago, pistkitty said:

It did change, no one can see harvested goodies except group members, as mentioned.  I seem to recall reading that this was another experiment, and things might "return to normal" at some point, with anyone wandering by able to swipe your goodies, but this is the current system.

It might change for campaigns without factions.  The problem with factions is there is no retaliation possible against players on the same faction trolling/stealing in this way.

Without factions your free to kill anyone trying this crap, so the "anyone wandering by" better be able to kill you before trying, and in that case, why not just kill you and take it all?

7 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It might change for campaigns without factions.  The problem with factions is there is no retaliation possible against players on the same faction trolling/stealing in this way.

Without factions your free to kill anyone trying this crap, so the "anyone wandering by" better be able to kill you before trying, and in that case, why not just kill you and take it all?

I suggested this quite some time ago, that "allies" shouldn't be able to steal from other "allies", and enemies would just take whatever they wanted from your corpse anyway.  I was roundly attacked for that suggestion at the time, but I guess they finally decided to give it a try.  I agree, in a FFA campaign, it might make sense for harvests to be interceptable, and you take your chances if choosing to do so.  

I, for one, would much rather not let anyone around loot them JUST BECAUSE of people on your own faction. So far, with all of the changes to exp gain and sacrificing, it's a pain in the arse contending for mobs with gold drops since seemingly anyone can loot them. One thing leads to another when same-faction people are competing for the same kills and it devolves until "who can loot faster" pissing contests and trashtalking. 

If those people were on another faction, you could just fight it out lol. #cantwaitfordregs