Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grillo

Recently Changed Passive Leveling and VIP Model

I really liked the recently changed passive leveling and VIP model giving subscribers more options.  I do not think it was pay to win at all and honestly it was one of the reasons I got the game.  I saw passive leveling as a way to give people who do not have a lot of time a chance to compete.  These type of games need money to succeed and will get it from either subscriptions or cash shops, which usually end up with pay to win stuff sooner or later.

14 hours ago, Grillo said:

I really liked the recently changed passive leveling and VIP model giving subscribers more options.  I do not think it was pay to win at all and honestly it was one of the reasons I got the game.  I saw passive leveling as a way to give people who do not have a lot of time a chance to compete.  These type of games need money to succeed and will get it from either subscriptions or cash shops, which usually end up with pay to win stuff sooner or later.

Yea , I get about 4 hours a day to play, then you add the time to explore , time to get from point a to point b, then die 4-5 times to enemies  ,leaves me with even less time to do what I came to do. Passive leveling is great for players that can't spend 10-12 hours a day , just to bad now spend all my time trying to farm stuff to be stronger 😆

For me, I think it just shifts my "P2W" strategy to adding a 2nd account.  I have 6 years worth of VIP tokens so it wouldn't be a thing to have both VIPed up.  I liked when VIP offered some chance of being a crafter with decent gathering AND combat ability.

Now? I will likely end up with a Combat account with a side of gather, and a Crafter account to use the product and make goods for said combat character.

Hell, why not get a 3rd account too?  Faster specialization for different gathers/crafts.

Nope.  Won't happen.

I still have hope they will give VIP value, especially since my schedule means I will be an off hour, mostly solo player.

I’m not a fan of PVE leveling.  I do understand them needing to remove crafted items leveling, that was skewed the other direction.  What I do wish is that you could level from pvp, harvesting and crafting combines so that anyone doing whatever they liked most could level.  Maybe that would take some of the emphasis off the horribly boring slaughtering of spiders, zombies and cats that paw the air.

2 hours ago, Ble said:

I’m not a fan of PVE leveling.  I do understand them needing to remove crafted items leveling, that was skewed the other direction.  What I do wish is that you could level from pvp, harvesting and crafting combines so that anyone doing whatever they liked most could level.  Maybe that would take some of the emphasis off the horribly boring slaughtering of spiders, zombies and cats that paw the air.

They mentioned in this Q&A from a couple days ago that they are planning to introduce EXP gained from harvesting, crafting, exploring, and even taking outposts. As they mentioned in the stream, the overall idea is to not necessarily make the leveling all that much faster, but to spread out how it's done so it's not such a tedious grind of doing the exact same thing a bajillion times. 

I don't remember where in the stream they talked about it, but, it's somewhere. In the first half, anyways, I think.