Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khenjin

Fairness in maps..

ok so I just went and searched all the resources of most parts of all the maps.

Both Order and Balance have r10 resources around their keeps while chaos has r9, I farmed r10 resources for a short while and realized simply how much better r10 is compared to r9.....

I understand the map creation is meant to be random but I honestly suggest at least having all the keeps the same rank resources...

I also discovered that the order and balance area's seem to be better in terms of general resources in named areas...

is it a conspiracy or did we simply get unlucky with the resource/map generation this campaign?

I feel there needs to be some fairness written into the algorithm that makes the maps so if say order doesn't get 1 thing, they get more of another or something like that. don't make it completely random cause right now we are going to spend 2 weeks getting significantly less rare/epic materials as chaos because we don't have r10 right outside our keeps..

Yeah, it does seem a bit wonky, and will promote flocking, but realistically there is nothing stopping Chaos taking another faction's keep. A bit of asymmetrical design could keep things interesting as far as more desirable locations being fought over harder.

there isnt a problem with this unless they do another campaign where one adventure zone is strictly balance and order/chaos/whatever, that was a really really bad campaign 

hoayaga2.jpg

I don't understand how you say there isn't a problem here... its blatantly skewed against chaos at the moment.

the r10 resources are way closer to their temples meaning they can reinforce faster, in general be there more often and have an easier time organizing defense for their keep...

its not really fair to say there isn't a problem. 

the resources are simply on their side of the map and it doesn't get more simple than that.

Edited by Khenjin
mistype

mean certain maps will be most contested over its a good thing imo especially when map size gets larger, on the small map we have atm it sucks a little though.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

no your missing the simple point.... It is closer to their temple, meaning they have a higher population there for most of the time. hence they end up with more overall. 
its not the point of it being "ok" at the moment, its a simple flaw i feel needs to be fixed.

2 minutes ago, Khenjin said:

no your missing the simple point.... It is closer to their temple, meaning they have a higher population there for most of the time. hence they end up with more overall. 
its not the point of it being "ok" at the moment, its a simple flaw i feel needs to be fixed.

the larger map we will eventually get shgould fix that.
The higher rank keeps would be further away from the beachhead

Veeshan Midst of UXA

when it comes to these loot style games there needs to be a base of fairness to avoid it becoming an unfair playing field in a game where pvp actually matters and plays a large role in the game.

Fair?! Just take somebody else’s keep?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just do a patch and make the Chaos Keep R10 and every other zone no more than 4.

Fights right?

custard stupid arguments....

Procedural generation is probably to blame, at least I'm guessing. But...Things need to be somewhat equitable. If this is going to be the model, just eliminate resources around keeps? Make everyone funnel to one adventure zone... right? Hey... Just take it.... right? Fights!?... custard yeah!

This really needs to be addressed until they open the map up. Just my opinion

34 minutes ago, Jacuise said:

https://gyazo.com/850b2785cdea8cded93098ea15e3dcd1

thats a picture of a friend who is on balance farming nothing but r10

im lucky to get 1-2 blues off a r9 node where as pretty much all the r10 ones i hit guarantee 2 blues

Gratz, Balance had had to deal with Order and Chaos having better stuff the last few campaigns. But no one was on advocating patch in Balance getting equal stuff. I had to go to Chaos keep to farm the crap ton of motherlodes sitting around the keep.

13 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Gratz, Balance had had to deal with Order and Chaos having better stuff the last few campaigns. But no one was on advocating patch in Balance getting equal stuff. I had to go to Chaos keep to farm the crap ton of motherlodes sitting around the keep.

Pretty sure I saw a couple of equality for all types making the same request pretty much every patch. 

This isn't checkers, or chess, or even a game focused on balanced design. 

The difference between Tier 9 and Tier 10 being the gripe point, when you can in fact go take/farm/invade/contest/capture everything in the game if it's really that important to you, is certainly one of the best salty tears mugs of goodness I have had the pleasure of reading on these forums.  Resources are supposed to be contested for, by design.

It's not a balanced game, was never intended to be. Everyone can't win, and some people start behind or with a disadvantage of some sort. 

If you want a "fair" harvesting race, go see who can mine the most slag in EK in a set amount of time. 

I can't wait till things get even more unbalanced with the dregs.  That's where the fun is.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

8 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I can't wait till things get even more unbalanced with the dregs.  That's where the fun is.

You act like the people that will be on dregs will somehow be surprised by what they find there. I'm surprised now we don't have to really fight over nodes that conveniently sit outside our keep. Of course, in dregs you will choose where you set down your city based on the surrounding land you want. Then there's an actual reason to fight for it. No, anyone who is going to be on dregs are eagerly awaiting for them. Unless they change campaigns later on that everyone is testing dregs, the people who are anti-PvP won't even experience them.

2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I agree with you. Faction play needs so many more mechanics to work and I don't think they have the time to put the work in towards faction play to make them viable by launch. I think they should have gone into dregs after BR mechanics instead of jumping ahead to faction mechanics.