Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khenjin

Fairness in maps..

6 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Gratz, Balance had had to deal with Order and Chaos having better stuff the last few campaigns. But no one was on advocating patch in Balance getting equal stuff. I had to go to Chaos keep to farm the crap ton of motherlodes sitting around the keep.

stop just arguing... all you want to do is complain.

i'm not complaining im just saying its an unfair system.

6 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Gratz, Balance had had to deal with Order and Chaos having better stuff the last few campaigns. But no one was on advocating patch in Balance getting equal stuff. I had to go to Chaos keep to farm the crap ton of motherlodes sitting around the keep.

so you just want to be someone who complains? its the first time i've checked other zones besides chaos to see what resources they had and the system doesn't seem right.

9 hours ago, Khenjin said:

so you just want to be someone who complains? its the first time i've checked other zones besides chaos to see what resources they had and the system doesn't seem right.

Did you use 2 different accounts to respond to my reply?? 🤣

14 minutes ago, Cosian said:

Those imbalances do shift from map to map.  Also, relative to the keeps, it can create some more interesting strategic decisions for a side.  Rather than going all in on defense of 'your' keep with the R9's, go all in on taking the keep with the R10's.

Or just take all the keeps and have choices... at least there's that to come from so many big guilds on Balance. 😍

1 hour ago, Navystylz said:

Or just take all the keeps and have choices... at least there's that to come from so many big guilds on Balance. 😍

Well there is that, and this is probably a discussion for another thread .... but to be fair and accurate, Chaos did not lose their keep last night due to gear or numbers.  Chaos had 63 in zone against 37 for Balance.  Chaos successfully pushed Balance off their siege position and destroyed Balances siege equipment at least 3 times.  Balance did get a hole in the wall after about 25 minutes but could not get through the breach.  Balance retreated to the west away from the breach and took up a position on the bane tree hill to regroup.  And that is where things went awry for Chaos.....

All Chaos had to do is hold the breach and it is doubtful we could have got in.  But apparently encouraged by their previous abilities to push us, they decided to sally forth and complete their victory pushing us off the bane tree hill.  They were unable to do this got damaged pretty bad repeatedly getting blown off the hill.  This coupled with some timely druid bombs weakened their left flank.  We were able to roll up that flank, pushing them back to their west gate ... further away from the breach.  After they were pushed back we about faced and rushed back to the now lightly defended breach....

I certainly don't relate this to rub sand in a wound as it was one helluva fight by both sides.  Just making the point that while I fully agree on a change to the HP allocation between levels and gear, we have to recognize that experience, communication, and organization is playing a substantial role in these fights.  This, as opposed to numbers and gear.

57 minutes ago, Cosian said:

Just making the point that while I fully agree on a change to the HP allocation between levels and gear, we have to recognize that experience, communication, and organization is playing a substantial role in these fights.  This, as opposed to numbers and gear.

That sounds like people taking responsibility for being bad at the game and seems unlikely to happen.  

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

So I just found out that the order and balance keeps not only have r10 resources, but also r10 guards.......................

now that more directly affects pvp than the resources and I feel is complete bull crap

1 hour ago, Khenjin said:

So I just found out that the order and balance keeps not only have r10 resources, but also r10 guards.......................

now that more directly affects pvp than the resources and I feel is complete bull crap

So the real issue is that Chaos Keep was generated on R9 parcel rather than R10 like the rest. Seems like a big oversight. 

I happen to like that things aren't perfectly symmetrical. There are plenty of sterile and symmetrical pvp-oriented games out there, I kinda like that they aren't copping out in this one. The key is to balance it out in other ways, but for now they're testing it. 

The feedback is needed of course, but I don't think every faction should necessarily have equal access to whatever resource is in question. We need something to drive decisions within the campaign, and honestly they just need to let us as the players be able to harness and keep an advantage like that. I may be the only one, but I think it's kinda lame that one always knows where to go to get the best nodes (around keeps). 

Edited by Samulus

well they need to have a certain fairness in games where resource gathering and pvp actually matter.

as for always finding where the best nodes are, I feel they need to change it to r7 around the keep and r8-10 only in named area's and in the wilderness randomly

I don't thi

13 hours ago, Samulus said:

I happen to like that things aren't perfectly symmetrical. There are plenty of sterile and symmetrical pvp-oriented games out there, I kinda like that they aren't copping out in this one. The key is to balance it out in other ways, but for now they're testing it. 

The feedback is needed of course, but I don't think every faction should necessarily have equal access to whatever resource is in question. We need something to drive decisions within the campaign, and honestly they just need to let us as the players be able to harness and keep an advantage like that. I may be the only one, but I think it's kinda lame that one always knows where to go to get the best nodes (around keeps). 

I agree. Limiting access to resources is a conflict driver at the core of the game's design. If we all have access to R10 everything close to our keep, why try to take it from those other guys?

I think each campaign should have at least one high ranking source of each resource, but those sources should be rare and widely scattered. Given the 5.8.x campaign designs, I would lean toward each keep having an abundance of one or 2 high ranking resources, and scattering the rest throughout the adventure zones.

How to best distribute those resources throughout larger campaigns depends in large part on how Ace intendeds to scale up the campaign worlds. Similar island count, but larger islands? Many more islands of similar size? Ratio of Siege vs adventure zones in faction? Will the dregs even have siege & adventure zones?