Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigJerk

Call to Order on NA

This whole post is why I hate this faction system. Any guild can go anywhere to get the "win", and when you put shinny things out there, certain types of guilds want to make sure they get that win, because .. well.. there are shinny things to get. I have never been a fan of the faction system, I am even less of a fan of there being a "win"  prize. This is going to lead to zerging up time and time again to make sure kids get them shinny things. The system is flawed to the and it will be come even more apparent as these shinny win items are given out.

As for HoA and all that blah blah stuff, I can be 1000% clear, there are  more chances of god walking through your door right now, then there are of someone telling us what to do. We will gladly listen to what others suggest, then undead and myself decide what we are doing. Undead has run the guild with out me around, and done a great job, but now i'm back, so you can rest assured, that even less F's are given on what other guilds want us to do. I like HoA, and they can do what ever they want, far as i have known, it was that they were always going to join winterblades when the last round was over. great, wonderful, have a great time, but the lvl of the cupping of nuts to get the shinny are through the roof this round.

As much as I like Tark, and i do.. his sense of humor is as sick as mine at times, he doesn't speak for the guild. If it comes from undead or myself then it is from us, if its not... then its not.

*** edit due to the fact this site has a no potty talk filter on it... guess words mean...

Edited by weaponsx
potty fitler.. had to make it make some sense after the silly ass changes

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

5 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

This whole post is why I hate this faction system. Any guild can go anywhere to get the "win", and when you put shinny things out there, certain types of guilds want to make sure they get that win, because .. well.. there are shinny things to get. I have never been a fan of the faction system, I am even less of a fan of there being a "win"  prize. This is going to lead to zerging up time and time again to make sure kids get them shinny things. The system is flawed to the and it will be come even more apparent as these shinny win items are given out.

As for HoA and all that blah blah stuff, I can be 1000% clear, there are no more chances of god walking through your door right now, then there are of someone telling us what to do. We will gladly listen to what others suggest, then undead and myself decide what we are doing. Undead has run the poorly made socks with out me around, and done a great job, but now i'm back, so you can rest assured, that is even less custards given on what other guilds want us to do. I like HoA, and they can do what ever they want, far as i have known, it was that they were always going to join winterblades when the last round was over. great, wonderful, have a great time, but the lvl of the cupping of nuts to get the shinny are through the roof this round.

As much as I like Tark, and i do.. his sense of humor is as sick as mine at times, he doesn't speak for the guild. If it comes from undead or myself then it is from us, if its not... then its not.

@weaponsx - I speak for all the democrats in our guild. But there is only 1 :(

1 minute ago, Tark said:

@weaponsx - I speak for all the democrats in our guild. But there is only 1 :(

And that is 1 too many :P but you make me laugh so i just look the other way.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

5 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

And that is 1 too many :P but you make me laugh so i just look the other way.

That is why I like you. You just keep looking the other way.

@weaponsx are you using your daddy voice?  Reported!

I also hate factions, they are a bastardized system but all the small casual guilds are going to do even worse in dregs.  Dregs will do fine for guilds with deep benches of people waiting to play but if you’re some small 5 man group of rl friends who refuses to bend the knee the you better get used to crafting in an ek.  If you’re an organized guild with dedicated harvesters and crafters and willing to put in the time then you need to make sure you’re numbers stay around what your peers are; CF is hyper sensitive to numbers. 

The dregs are a solution to some problems for some people but it’s going to create barriers for others.  It’s not a panacea for the underlying issues CF has. 

Edited by mandalore
Hard to type on my phone and poop at the same time

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The HoA/ Sugoi / Winterblades alliance has very little to do with the coloring around a badge and has everything to do with a fear of Death. Anyone who wants the gold version can just join the winning faction on the last day and get on the scoreboard. This is further supported by the fact that it appears that neither HoA nor Sugoi particularly like Winterblades.  

unknown.png

Soulein_W.png

Ironically, less than a month ago Winterblades spoke about how they swap factions for "server health".

unknown.png

We (Death Alliance) stated several times in public channels that we aren't making a big push anytime soon due to the game not being ready performance or feature wise. Once that time comes it won't be a big secret when we all start playing. 

8 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Still one of the best posts these boards have ever had and by far the best post of @Angelmar.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

13 minutes ago, blazzen said:

The HoA/ Sugoi / Winterblades alliance has very little to do with the coloring around a badge and has everything to do with a fear of Death. Anyone who wants the gold version can just join the winning faction on the last day and get on the scoreboard. This is further supported by the fact that it appears that neither HoA nor Sugoi particularly like Winterblades.  

unknown.png

Soulein_W.png

Ironically, less than a month ago Winterblades spoke about how they swap factions for "server health".

unknown.png

We (Death Alliance) stated several times in public channels that we aren't making a big push anytime soon due to the game not being ready performance or feature wise. Once that time comes it won't be a big secret when we all start playing. 

To add to your point:

I can confirm that they fear Death. When I was in Winterblades I was engaged by one of the W leaders on multiple occasions about the concerns of the Death Alliance. A good amount of their decision making is always based in fear of what the other is doing. 

I've also confirmed there are certain milestones that they feel are important to win (first campaign, first trials, first sanction campaign etc.). Those are the times you'll see them making their big moves to try to stack the deck.

I found it amusing when some said uXa was going to cup with the death alliance when we had pretty strong indications that the death alliance would not be there for this go around. I even stated this and they went ahead and stacked the deck anyways.

Edited by Tark

health of the server.... dear god I do not think i have laughed so hard when i read that.  Two days into it.... 335950 for order, 108122 for chaos and 90550 for order. 2 days and its already a poorly made socks show LOL...cups are for drinks, not nuts. Broken system is Broken.

just add pvp ranks so the higher skill players go to the lower pop factions for more rank xp, and lets completely delete the level system while we're at it

hoayaga2.jpg

32 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I'd venture to say the relevance of the coloring of a badge varies between people and guilds involved.  It may be 100% true or 0% true, but the timing couldn't be better or worse for that perception to be out there.  You can say it isn't about a badge all you want, but that's not going to change anyone's opinion.  However, I doubt anyone involved care about others' opinion (and you shouldn't).  A lot of effort has gone into trying to justify this poorly made socksty thing happening to a single faction simply for the fact that "We want guaranteed wins in PRE-ALPHA, no matter what".   

Being competitive doesn't mean lowering the bar to compete against easier opponents.  Being competitive is stepping up to challenges and adversity.  Being competitive is not being satisfied by easy or guaranteed wins.  I think the first few days of fun mixed with frustration have shown that those who chose to stay are 1000x more competitive than those who hopped on the gravy train.

Edited by firstworldpotato

10 hours ago, veeshan said:

They were attacking both keeps at once and outnumbered both other factions at the same time. Not to mention out gears pretty much any other guild on the server atm so yeah.
Honestly surprised how long it took them to take both the keeps, Chaos one was almost defended not sure how the order one faired with the plague tree's.

7 hours ago, veeshan said:

Chaos pulled in there entire euro population for the seige and was still outnumbered by winterblade alone not to mention out geared

@dolmar @veeshan @weaponsx

37 Winterblades vs 63 Chaos.

Numbers are hard.

Tears are easy.

See you on the field for the next one!

Edited by Angelmar

Any videos from chaos side to back up the claim of being zerged? 

wiDfyPp.png

Cups are for drinks, not nuts.  Get your bobby dazzler.. you EARNED it lol.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:07 AM, BigJerk said:

All big guilds in balance , fight hard all we got is us !

This just leads to an unbalanced game, kind of an oxymoron for a balance faction

9 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

Numbers are hard.

Tears are easy.

Caliman's Axiom:

All political socksposting threads will inevitably devolve in to specific and unverifiable head counts of opposing forces.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

9 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

Numbers are hard.

Tears are easy.

Nothing funnier than a guy who thinks he has a snappy comeback with a mic drop not realizing what is actually going on.

37 unified winterblades (maybe a noob or two?)
vs 63 unorganized, undergeared chaos. 

Keep trying to flex but anybody who knows anything about this game knows that what you did last night was not impressive. I will give you props for the discipline you guys showed in taking on a larger force. When it happens to you next time I hope we dont see one of your time honored "crowfall is too numbers sensitive" posts you like to make when you lose.

9 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Any videos from chaos side to back up the claim of being zerged? 

A zerg can happen on two (three) fronts yes?

Edited by Tark

2 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

Numbers are hard.

Tears are easy.

Maybe comparing numbers isn't the best way to elaborate the frustration.  I'm not sure anyone here would disagree that the average Winterblade member is easily worth 2-3 of the single average player in the terms of gear and skill.  Despite a lot of, what i'm sure you see, as whining, there is a lot of respect.  The fact is what happened happened.  The scoreboard shows exactly the expected result.  I get it, you guys want that "Us vs the world" mentality, and it is you vs the world right now, but don't pretend there is any struggle or difficulty there.  You guys win the campaign.  Sanctioned campaigns are coming, and likely you'll win those with no shred of competition in the overall scheme if things stay the same.  

Just now, Tark said:

A zerg can happen on two (three) fronts yes?

So no video just conjecture?  Some ad hoc discussion to validate the fact that you want to win but don't want to organize enough to do it or farm gear as diligently as you used to?  Winning takes effort.  It's clear from the video who wanted to win. 

wiDfyPp.png