Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At lvl 11, I have been hunting creatures and I am having a hard time finding things above R3.  With R3, I get no xp.

Is there a location where I should be able to find higher and is there a better way to level, than sacrifice gold?

zqiSojq.png

Above R3, the spawns start to thin out rapidly. In the adventure zones, the named forests and the canyons usually have some r7+ mobs, but you won't be alone. All part of the larger design to make good resource points rare so they become PvP hot spots.

Your Adventure zone is the way to go. As already said, find the POIs (named places), as the density and rank of mobs there tend to rise quite high. If there's an r9/r10 spawn, it's a common spot for group leveling, so if you don't already have some friends, you might make some. Save your gold until you're at whatever level said mobs you find stop giving you exp, and then sacrifice the gold you've gathered to get to 30. 

They R7+ camps are going to be more populated, but there is a relatively equal chance that your faction will be there.  So far, the community and players have been great.  I would imagine you would be extended an invite if the group isn't full.  People come and go from the groups, so if you stick around, there is also the chance you'll be able to take up a vacated spot.  There are usually slightly lower mobs around the highest tiers (Like R6 cats right around the R10 spawn) that you can solo while you wait.

There's packs of rank 4's here and there outside the adventure zones aswell. On the current maps, Stand and Deliver (map) has Rank 4's in the Blight Wood.

And you can always sacrifice money, though it's dull.

Edited by Etel

Levelling currently is a joke but I guess that’s what you get having this type of levelling system in a game with no pve content. It’s just a boring grind, all I can say is stick with it and just grind gold and sacrifice it. 

Posted (edited)

Is there maybe somewhere an interacitve map where u can look up adventure zone, ore spawn locations and so on? A link would be fantastic :D . Where do u find those adventure zones?

Edited by Murador

On 2/18/2019 at 7:15 AM, Synns said:

Levelling currently is a joke but I guess that’s what you get having this type of levelling system in a game with no pve content. It’s just a boring grind, all I can say is stick with it and just grind gold and sacrifice it. 

leveling is simply to learn your character skills, it should be a joke.

I said it before and I'll say it again. To teach how to play you need a tutorial, not a leveling system.

The talent points should be granted without any leveling. If they want to keep the leveling system it should grant only stat points.

The way it works right now betrays the founding principles that lead me (and I guess other players) to Crowfall before the kickstarter campaign. http://web.archive.org/web/20150206234153/http://play2crush.com:80/

7 minutes ago, Extintor said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. To teach how to play you need a tutorial, not a leveling system.

The talent points should be granted without any leveling. If they want to keep the leveling system it should grant only stat points.

The way it works right now betrays the founding principles that lead me (and I guess other players) to Crowfall before the kickstarter campaign. http://web.archive.org/web/20150206234153/http://play2crush.com:80/

I get bored with tutorials quickly and they are a pain when you have to do them when you start alts on your main account.

Personally, this system works well for me.  To much PVE content and we get away from the sandbox concept.

1 minute ago, Devonic said:

I get bored with tutorials quickly and they are a pain when you have to do them when you start alts on your main account.

Personally, this system works well for me.  To much PVE content and we get away from the sandbox concept.

The point is you can do the tutorial or you can skip it, but you can't skip the leveling system unless you spend a lot of gold.

2 minutes ago, Murador said:

I ran through one zone and found like a ton of high level ressources but almost no mobs at all.

This campaign has much more than last campaign

2 hours ago, Extintor said:

The point is you can do the tutorial or you can skip it, but you can't skip the leveling system unless you spend a lot of gold.

The leveling system is a gold sink. Gold sinks are necessary. Before they introduced the talent system, we had levels, but they only gave attribute points. You started out with all of your abilities. Most people didn't care. Leveling was not a priority. If you were a crafter, you might level to eek out a few more crafting stats, but most people didn't bother. The power gains weren't that significant.

With the current system, leveling is a necessity and gold is the best way to level. That means that there will be a lot more gold coming out of the game. If they take that away, then they have to find some other gold sink.

When there are no more wipes and people can actually accumulate wealth, I think it will be a non-issue. Yeah, you'll have to level your first character, or first few characters, depending on what you want to do, but eventually you'll have enough gold in the bank so that when you decide to create a new character, you will be able to do it quickly.