Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.8.3 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 2/13/19

6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Rangerfall existed too.  It’s a constantly shifting meta and it’s something they will be constantly adjusting but the shenanigans happening today are clearly not a finished product.

It's not a constantly shifting meta. It's called being borderline broken. Hitting at range where people can't respond to attacks is different than abilities just being complete broken and weak. And frankly I'm tired of 'Rangerfall existed' being some kind of excuse why Ranger get to be poorly made socks once range was taken away. Besides we're here to harp on the devs to fix broken stuff in game, not reminisce why people are still salty rangers in the past could kill them from 70m away.

14 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Wasn't expecting when friend told me "dude patch just happened" that I would log in to my Ranger being nerfed with patch, rather than buffed with new changes. We were already a weaker class and then this poorly made socks happens. Meanwhile tanks get to be broken and untouched and it's like roll Pit Fighter, Fessor or Knight or go home. All the big guilds, you look at their group composition and it's exactly that. 

It's pre-alpha but the state of testing is custard sad and this kind of endless waltz of being weak and custard while dealing with OP classes going to make people just say custard it and stop playing til later testing.

I kind of have to agree... I know they don't need to balance everything down to the Nth level, but in the Ranger's case, one pass to fix all of the broken things would be nice. I may not even play this campaign in light of this... I love my Ranger and just grinded WAY too much to get a purple vessel it to max level this last weekend... and I still feel weaker than I should be.  A lot of this doesn't help.

1 minute ago, Samulus said:

I kind of have to agree... I know they don't need to balance everything down to the Nth level, but in the Ranger's case, one pass to fix all of the broken things would be nice. I may not even play this campaign in light of this... I love my Ranger and just grinded WAY too much to get a purple vessel it to max level this last weekend... and I still feel weaker than I should be.  A lot of this doesn't help.

I just did blue one on mine. And now I'm wondering if I should even bother as well. Will run more on my newly leveled epic templar and see if that's a lesson in masochism still, or if things like the slow from illusionist help stick on things to actually accomplish something.

3 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

It's not a constantly shifting meta. It's called being borderline broken. Hitting at range where people can't respond to attacks is different than abilities just being complete broken and weak. And frankly I'm tired of 'Rangerfall existed' being some kind of excuse why Ranger get to be poorly made socks once range was taken away. Besides we're here to harp on the devs to fix broken stuff in game, not reminisce why people are still salty rangers in the past could kill them from 70m away.

I’m 100% in favor of @thomasblairmaking more balance passes and I agree ranger needs one.  Nobody thinks they are in a great spot.  I’m 100% certain that they know about it as it’s been plastered all over the boards by many people for about a year.  

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

I’m 100% in favor of @thomasblairmaking more balance passes and I agree ranger needs one.  Nobody thinks they are in a great spot.  I’m 100% certain that they know about it as it’s been plastered all over the boards by many people for about a year.  

It's like Sam said though. Not necessarily need a huge numbers pass, but fix the broken things first to get an idea of where the numbers actually are with things working--unless they plan on removing abilities in favor of something else. Pretty sure 6.0 is a major pass on all class abilities, but unless they plan on removing something, it would be nice to have the current iteration working with the numbers they are supposed to have now.

That being said; extra dodging around with Escape Artist is pretty cool. 

2 hours ago, Scorn said:

unknown.png

Can we please get an explanation behind this capping of Devotion?
In my opinion and experience putting such a low cap on Devotion does not make sense.
This is a power that Heals the group based on Damage done...so it relies on Damage being done to actually apply any Healing.
It can be countered or outplayed.
Saw the start of this with the Paladin talent to make Devotion scale with Support Power...
...which ended up leading to Devotion Healing for LESS than it had before the Talent was taken.

This was the only sustain ability Vindicator Templar had if they took Blazing Light talent.

Blazing Light doesn't even seem worth taking based on the math, you'll net ~2x the damage but get rid of the Healing.
Damage drops against Armor considerably, Healing does not.

S025mZ5wTdq1VO-zzqgjgg.png

I see they show it's supposed to be capped now. My Cleric buddy says his heals doing in the 200s as well and only in the 300s on crits. Mine is doing better than that though on my Paladin. It's the non healing classes that get the stupidly strong heals.

11 minutes ago, Devonic said:

closed game and reopened.  same issue

Reach out to support@crowfall.com with any info like DXDiags and client logs - they will help you! :)

Brigand is well and truly busted.

2/3 of my traps are still pointless to place in stealth.

As reported in the 5.8.2 thread, Explosive and Faerie traps are still exploding on time out and revealing the brigand. Being destealthed because I failed to deal damage is not fun. having shorter trap cooldown is a waste of time when 2/3 of my traps just blow my stealth. Placing even more of them is more dangerous to me than beneficial as a source of damage. Quick arming is useless, and the overall design of brigand is unplayable in this state.

Lack of weapon discipline powers seriously hampers my utility and build options.

Remember how you guys put binding arrows on master of Bows? Remember how it let me choose if I wanted to be a more pokey or slashy Brigand since I wasn't forced in to a major for a root, andcould choose between great ranged utility root of great energy sustain from resto? It was pretty great. I was playing around with melee majors and all kinds of fun stuff. I had options. I was using discs I always wanted to mess with but never had a chance. Since Weapon discs are gone, that's no more restoration slash or binding arrows, two powers that are VITAL to the performance of any brigand the moment stealth is gone. Skirmisher style builds REQUIRED the bow root and unlocks for maintaining range to restealth as dealing enough damage required discs like knife grinder or poisoner for the additional DoT action. Brawler stlye brigand REQUIRED restoration strike to keep energy topped up, even while running weapon finesse. I am wearing LEATHER. My options are either kite/dot or alpha. Without weapon powers and with busted traps I can't do either properly. Now I am pretty much forced in to at least one disc with several redundant powers. I can take one of the pow majors and get redundant damage powers and my root or mole hunter and get redundant antistealth and my root. This problem isn't unique to brigands but it has effectively pigeonholed brigands in to taking bow discs if they want any bow utility on "the bow class". Why weren't weapon disc powers migrated to talent nodes, and why don't disc powers require talent point investment? This talent update has actually reduced rather than expanded build diversity for not only brigands, but for everyone.

Where's Gleeful Strike?

5.8.1 brigand, after the +2 traps update, was fun. it was effective. And even then it was unplayable without slotting gleeful strike. With all of the problems you've just saddled the subclass with in regards to traps sabotaging the user and nerfed build diversity it is doubly so. Can you please return the 10% of my damage and my missing energy because you're forcing me to actually use a lot more energy and use a lot more melee and ranged powers than before anyway.

5.8.1 Brigand was the most fun I've had on my ranger in crowfall ever. You slightly broke it in 5.8.2 and in 5.8.3 it is borderline unplayable. Please return my ability to stealth trap efficiently, build diversity, damage, and resource efficiency.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

12 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

As reported in the 5.8.2 thread, Explosive and Faerie traps are still exploding on time out and revealing the brigand. Being destealthed because I failed to deal damage is not fun. having shorter trap cooldown is a waste of time when 2/3 of my traps just blow my stealth. Placing even more of them is more dangerous to me than beneficial as a source of damage. Quick arming is useless, and the overall design of brigand is unplayable in this state.

Lack of weapon discipline powers seriously hampers my utility and build options.

Remember how you guys put binding arrows on master of Bows? Remember how it let me choose if I wanted to be a more pokey or slashy Brigand since I wasn't forced in to a major for a root, andcould choose between great ranged utility root of great energy sustain from resto? It was pretty great. I was playing around with melee majors and all kinds of fun stuff. I had options. I was using discs I always wanted to mess with but never had a chance. Since Weapon discs are gone, that's no more restoration slash or binding arrows, two powers that are VITAL to the performance of any brigand the moment stealth is gone. Skirmisher style builds REQUIRED the bow root and unlocks for maintaining range to restealth as dealing enough damage required discs like knife grinder or poisoner for the additional DoT action. Brawler stlye brigand REQUIRED restoration strike to keep energy topped up, even while running weapon finesse. I am wearing LEATHER. My options are either kite/dot or alpha. Without weapon powers and with busted traps I can't do either properly. Now I am pretty much forced in to at least one disc with several redundant powers. I can take one of the pow majors and get redundant damage powers and my root or mole hunter and get redundant antistealth and my root. This problem isn't unique to brigands but it has effectively pigeonholed brigands in to taking bow discs if they want any bow utility on "the bow class". Why weren't weapon disc powers migrated to talent nodes, and why don't disc powers require talent point investment? This talent update has actually reduced rather than expanded build diversity for not only brigands, but for everyone.

Where's Gleeful Strike?

5.8.1 brigand, after the +2 traps update, was fun. it was effective. And even then it was unplayable without slotting gleeful strike. With all of the problems you've just saddled the subclass with in regards to traps sabotaging the user and nerfed build diversity it is doubly so. Can you please return the 10% of my damage and my missing energy because you're forcing me to actually use a lot more energy and use a lot more melee and ranged powers than before anyway.

5.8.1 Brigand was the most fun I've had on my ranger in crowfall ever. You slightly broke it in 5.8.2 and in 5.8.3 it is borderline unplayable. Please return my ability to stealth trap efficiently, build diversity, damage, and resource efficiency.

Excellent post. 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

16 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Did running as admin not work? Usually that only happens if I try to patch without running the patcher as admin

That was it,Ty friend 

1 minute ago, coolster50 said:

That comes in 6.0. Patience young padawan.

To be fair its a nerf to build diversity for everyon for the time being. I just had such a brief time with "good brigand" it makes me anxious :P

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

3 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Where's Gleeful Strike?

I would prefer Gleeful Strike be baked into the melee and ranged trays. It's frustrating when classes are forced to slot passives that are in no way optional. Brigand needs to slot Gleeful Strike and Booby Traps in melee, with Weapon Finesse and Careless Whisper being near-necessities on some builds. That leaves little room for complementary passives such as Hot Foot and Phantom Feints. Baking Gleeful Strike's effects into the class would promote class diversity.