Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wasichu

With no bow master

How do you equip your bow with new patch and no bow mastery? I don't see any skill point to allow long bow just the bow with arcane archer and sharpshooter.

You can get up to 25m bonus from gear / disciplines and the base range of most bow attacks is 15. It's possible to hit 40m top but it's still not long enough range IMO.

Ranger as a class really needs a look over by the devs, it's lacking and potentially not working as intended in several ways right now and even if the range issue gets addressed it would still be lackluster in it's current state.

Edited by KatzeWeiss
added other thoughts.

It is not possible to hit 40 m try and shoot something 40 m away. No matter what bow, runes, Archer bonus I've only been able to shoot 34m....

Am I doing something wrong?

7 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

Elken get (do they still?) a ranged distance bonus cap increase, that may be the only way to get to 39m range. For everybody else, it is 34m capped.

Nope.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

1 hour ago, Soulreaver said:

Nope.

They do, it just doesn't show on their disc, but their Ranged Distance Bonus Cap is 25m, everyone else is 20m

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

7 hours ago, coolster50 said:

They do, it just doesn't show on their disc, but their Ranged Distance Bonus Cap is 25m, everyone else is 20m

I understand that there is a 20m cap but what I'm saying is that ranged distance bonus appears to not do anything. It says non projectile based would that be the reason?

I could have a 3m ranged bonus or a 20 m range bonus and bow still only shoots 34m.

Crafted bows even without putting range on them have like +19.55 is this why?

If that's the case it seems stupid that the archer tree would have an ability to increase your range and it doesn't really increase your range.

Also makes it so as an archer the bow runes have some wasted abilities too.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, coolster50 said:

Just tested it... 

The Elken has te exact same range as everyone else.  Wood Elf and Elken both hit from 25m

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

22 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Just tested it... 

The Elken has te exact same range as everyone else.  Wood Elf and Elken both hit from 25m

WTF you talkin' 'bout?

0OfPhBZ.png

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

WTF you talkin' 'bout?

0OfPhBZ.png

Try shooting a target dummy.  Numbers are one thing... shooting at a targetdummy something else apparently.

4 hours ago, coolster50 said:

WTF you talkin' 'bout?

0OfPhBZ.png

Do you have a bow and disc equipped? Disc increase the cap so everyone can get to 25m.

Edited by Ossis

10 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Try shooting a target dummy.  Numbers are one thing... shooting at a targetdummy something else apparently.

Are you sure you’re hitting the cap? Haven’t extensively played Ranger since last patch, but I was hitting in the 35-40m range (depending on whether I was an Elken or not) 

6 hours ago, Ossis said:

Do you have a bow and disc equipped? Disc increase the cap so everyone can get to 25m.

My Mino Ranger has Arcane Archer equipped and still has 20m range. No idea if Sharpshooter increases the cap. Haven’t ever used it seriously.

giphy.gif