Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
firstworldpotato

Is this forum a joke?

Yeah, there have been and will be nuggets of fun in the campaign, but have you guys not been monitoring your "glorious" campaign?  It's an utter joke.  You should do everyone a favor and call Balance the victor now and go back to the two day campaigns.  We have 12 days of butting our heads against a steel wall.  We have 12 days of failed sieging and gimped leveling and harvesting.  I'm all for making the best of a bad situation, and I'll have what fun I can, but this endeavor is a legendary flop and we have a couple of guilds to thank for it.

Edited by firstworldpotato

18 minutes ago, firstworldpotato said:

Yeah, there have been and will be nuggets of fun in the campaign, but have you guys not been monitoring your "glorious" campaign?  It's an utter joke.  You should do everyone a favor and call Balance the victor now and go back to the two day campaigns.  We have 12 days of butting our heads against a steel wall.  We have 12 days of failed sieging and gimped leveling and harvesting.  I'm all for making the best of a bad situation, and I'll have what fun I can, but this endeavor is a legendary flop and we have a couple of guilds to thank for it.

Order apparently had twice the number of people than Balance did at the order keep siege last night. Am I playing a different game?

1 minute ago, DocHollidaze said:

Order apparently had twice the number of people than Balance did at the order keep siege last night. Am I playing a different game?

That was true for about 10 minutes.  Three waves, first two defended.  They reinforced for each wave, so more and more came each time.  At the end of it, our tree room was so full they ran out of room to stand within melee distance of the tree, and that's not counting the handfuls outside of the tree room.  Order had twice the number of 13.5.  We didn't have more, much less twice as much.

1 hour ago, firstworldpotato said:

So every time you lose they should wipe the campaign? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

So every time you lose they should wipe the campaign? 

Yeah, because that's the issue here.  It's losing.  From what I see, you have the capacity for some eloquent thoughts and responses, but your responses are thick headed and short sighted.  Saying something and expecting it to happen are two different things.  Of course they aren't going to stop the campaign. 

You know what the issue is and you are arguing to argue. I hope you have a productive time during the next twelve days.  Maybe reading your forearm over and over will provide some entertainment.    

They should wait a few days to make sure it is a bust.

The problem is how stop the same happenning in the next campaign. As you can see above there is people who think nothing is wrong. And I think it is better to let those 12 days play out than risking it happening twice in a row.

Edited by BarriaKarl

As a Chaos player since day one, I will say:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

Even if there are only 2 of us. I don't support a restart, I won't cry off. 

Edited by Samulus

1 hour ago, firstworldpotato said:

Maybe reading your forearm over and over will provide some entertainment.    

It always does.  You like them ad hominem arguments too?!  What is with people who lack substance and attacking the person instead of the argument itself.  

Small, solo, new, disorganized, under geared guilds will get smashed no matter the rules (dregs/factions) because this is a siege pvp game designed for coordinated group play.  If you’re guild isn’t as organized don’t expect to win and definitely don’t complain about winning when you don’t put in as much effort.  Have some pride in what you accomplish when you actually try and stop feeling entitled to what you haven’t earned.  For clarity, that’s not targetted at just you but anybody who’s complaining about an alliance beating them when they lack the gumption to rise up and counter them. 

TLDR; HoA has every right to seek allies that play as hard and frequently as HoA does.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

25 minutes ago, mandalore said:

It always does.  You like them ad hominem arguments too?!  What is with people who lack substance and attacking the person instead of the argument itself.  

Small, solo, new, disorganized, under geared guilds will get smashed no matter the rules (dregs/factions) because this is a siege pvp game designed for coordinated group play.  If you’re guild isn’t as organized don’t expect to win and definitely don’t complain about winning when you don’t put in as much effort.  Have some pride in what you accomplish when you actually try and stop feeling entitled to what you haven’t earned.  For clarity, that’s not targetted at just you but anybody who’s complaining about an alliance beating them when they lack the gumption to rise up and counter them. 

TLDR; HoA has every right to seek allies that play as hard and frequently as HoA does.  

If you felt personally attacked, that's on you.   Your comments make it sound like nobody is organized, and since nobody is organized, they aren't "winning".  Anyone who doubts anyone else's effort wasn't at the sieges.  Just because an underdog can't take out Golliath doesn't mean its a lack of effort or organization.  Your backhanded  insults you try to play off as wisdom is pure ignorance.  

Who here said HoA isn't allowed to do whatever they want to do?   Why are you saying people don't have the right to criticize? It's my opinion you want the easy win.  You've said you'll do anything to win.  That's good on you and I have respect for you not pulling any punches there.  I don't respect that attitude in general, but I assume you don't care who respects you in a general sense.  Again, that's not meant to be a jab at you. 

You specifically called out your tattoo yourself to describe how you try to live your life.  I didn't bash it, I used it as a reference to the fact that you lived up to your credo and I'm betting that the remainder of the campaign is going to be boring for many.  Maybe not for all, but all sides just have less to do.  I could have easily made some sort of juvenile masturbation joke about forearms, but I didn't. 

We threw ourselves at HoA tonight.  We organized ourselves and tried to do what we could.  It's all we can do, but we'll do it.  

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

kqdIYMQ.png

I'll cry, and I'll keep crying.  I'm not pretending I'm doing anything less than beaching and moaning.  You can assume it's about losing, that's fine.  The more noise we make about flaws in the faction system the more that we get heard.  If nothing changes, well there won't be anything to cry about going further, but for this campaign all I ask is that you change my diapers and rock me to sleep.

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Players reserve the right to complain about it. 

I'm not going to complain about it too much but to be honest it just isn't fun right now. No one wants to do anything because it's "pointless". That attitude and the imbalance right now are the issues and one of those is much easier to fix. I'll wait it out but lets not pretend that the state of this campaign is good for the game other than for revealing this as a potential issue. This is coming strictly from an NA perspective and from what I hear EU is still working out alright.

Post your specific feedback and suggestion for improving the faction campaigns and scoring system in the testing forum.

This forum is for stories about the Throne War, and war is never fair or even. Win or lose, truth or propaganda, some of the best war stories in history are from outnumbered battles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFHRNGYfuo - King Henry V Battle of Agincourt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsma7OGcp6A - Sparta 300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TME0xubdHQc - Braveheart

tiPrpwh.png

11 hours ago, firstworldpotato said:

I think you got too used to the "nothing matters" pre-alpha state of affairs with one major guild in each of the 3 factions to balance pvp out (until UDL kinda left, I guess, which left a vacuum in Chaos). Get used to to the mega zerg uncle bob scenario, this is how the game is likely to be played unless ACE can think of MUCH better scoring systems and gameplay mechanics. This is how EVE is played and apparently this is how Shadowbane used to be played as well. The two games CF is modeling itself after. The fact that the combat system is 90% reliant on build/knowledge with an abysmally low skill ceiling and a scoring mechanic that is about how many no-life bodies you can throw at braindead objectives 24/7  don't help much either. 

They should incentivise joining the smaller faction, and decrease/increase the winner’s rewards in proportion to how much larger/smaller they are. When factions are re-chosen with frequent intervals numbers-balance should be easy.

Edit: They are probably focusing on other things at the moment though.

Edited by Etel

Shutting this down. It's not what this forum is for. If you are unhappy about how the Trial of Malekai is going, you can post your feedback in the Testing forum. Thanks. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community