Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fade

GF Crowfall and ACE

11 hours ago, Fade said:

I wonder if they all asked themselves how they could make their game die and then came up with the answer

What we know: ACE instated some small-time rewards for testers in these campaigns to help draw crowds for testing. They want more bodies for whatever reason (it's their prerogative, it's their game and data is what allows them to make judgment calls on everything). They offered something in good intentions to give the masses something to fight for, because one day, every campaign WILL have rewards and the fact that there is no reward prior, means they have something missing from their formula. They attempted to fill that void with something that was both easy for them to implement and desirable for players.

What happened: A minority of the player base took the path of least resistance and ruined a campaign for two weeks, not recognizing intentions of ACE. OR maybe they did, and didn't care, because gold stickers. 

Your argument is sound if, and only if, it is assumed that the Crowfall backers/community/whatever are a bunch of (for lack of a better phrase) greedy children by default, because then you can state that "ACE should have known better omg". I for one am not a greedy child, don't want to be rolled into a crowd that is, and don't appreciate this mindset growing wings for that reason. 

Condemn the players that flipped, guilds or individuals, make your pick. But don't prescribe ACE as an entity that should be disappointed about being anything other than omniscient, that's how you, as a player, encourage them to make decisions that don't include you. I have a brain, I would prefer that ACE continues to treat the community as if it too has a brain (most of the time). Otherwise, well, "don't we all have phones?"

7 minutes ago, Samulus said:

What we know: ACE instated some small-time rewards for testers in these campaigns to help draw crowds for testing. They want more bodies for whatever reason (it's their prerogative, it's their game and data is what allows them to make judgment calls on everything). They offered something in good intentions to give the masses something to fight for, because one day, every campaign WILL have rewards and the fact that there is no reward prior, means they have something missing from their formula. They attempted to fill that void with something that was both easy for them to implement and desirable for players.

What happened: A minority of the player base took the path of least resistance and ruined a campaign for two weeks, not recognizing intentions of ACE. OR maybe they did, and didn't care, because gold stickers. 

Your argument is sound if, and only if, it is assumed that the Crowfall backers/community/whatever are a bunch of (for lack of a better phrase) greedy children by default, because then you can state that "ACE should have known better omg". I for one am not a greedy child, don't want to be rolled into a crowd that is, and don't appreciate this mindset growing wings for that reason. 

Condemn the players that flipped, guilds or individuals, make your pick. But don't prescribe ACE as an entity that should be disappointed about being anything other than omniscient, that's how you, as a player, encourage them to make decisions that don't include you. I have a brain, I would prefer that ACE continues to treat the community as if it too has a brain (most of the time). Otherwise, well, "don't we all have phones?"

I plan to win, regardless.

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

6 hours ago, makkon said:

most of my favorite games have died like this in first 4-6 month. by "died" I mean rapid population loss until unplayable and unenjoiable state

I wonder if the lifeblood of this game once/if it gets launched to any sort of Live environment will even make it 4-6 months. Dregs will not fix all of the issues. Once you have a large guild start to dominate, I don't see the "politics" changing the outcome much. It'll be fun for sure for a few campaigns, but long campaigns I don't see working at all. Perhaps large alliances of guilds will keep it going for a bit but I believe you will always have a large Alpha guild and it will start bleeding players as they move to other servers and or games. 

Sooner rather than later this game looks to be heading down the 1v1 duel in the EK with a few of our resident forum warriors:rolleyes: that stick around. I hope it works out as it can be fun at times.

13 hours ago, Jah said:

Yep, and I wonder about the people who plan to play Dregs but also get upset about imbalanced forces in pre-alpha.

In dregs everyone could say custard Winterblades and exclusively attack you. Factions makes this an impossibility. I wonder when people keep bringing up the dregs like it will be less capable rather than more capable of allying against a Zerg... 🤔

1 minute ago, Navystylz said:

In dregs everyone could say custard Winterblades and exclusively attack you. Factions makes this an impossibility. I wonder when people keep bringing up the dregs like it will be less capable rather than more capable of allying against a Zerg... 🤔

Both enemy factions could easily outnumber Balance right now. In fact, Chaos outnumbered Balance the first two nights of this campaign.

I agree though, the inability to attack whoever you want is a big part of why Faction campaigns will never be as good as the Dregs.

But if you think the Dregs will solve the problem where people are crying rivers about imbalanced forces, you are mistaken.

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

Both enemy factions could easily outnumber Balance right now. In fact, Chaos outnumbered Balance the first two nights of this campaign.

I agree though, the inability to attack whoever you want is a big part of why Faction campaigns will never be as good as the Dregs.

But if you think the Dregs will solve the problem where people are crying rivers about imbalanced forces, you are mistaken.

Well it does seem the rewards will favor bigger guilds. But that's only if you care about them. A lot of players are like do whatever to win, but I bet there are many who don't care about the cosmetic you win for the throne war. 

I and many other just want a persistent world with a good PvP system and fun play. I would get more fun out of being a mercenary guild helping others try and take down the top dog wanting to win. Or just making bank by charging services for those who don't want to Zerg but also need assistance for key fights. 

But I can see by this current campaign that many people can't see past the "oooh, gold sticker" mentality and so will only ever think the throne is the most important part of Crowfall. 

1 minute ago, Navystylz said:

Well it does seem the rewards will favor bigger guilds. But that's only if you care about them. A lot of players are like do whatever to win, but I bet there are many who don't care about the cosmetic you win for the throne war. 

I and many other just want a persistent world with a good PvP system and fun play. I would get more fun out of being a mercenary guild helping others try and take down the top dog wanting to win. Or just making bank by charging services for those who don't want to Zerg but also need assistance for key fights. 

But I can see by this current campaign that many people can't see past the "oooh, gold sticker" mentality and so will only ever think the throne is the most important part of Crowfall. 

Yep, people could stop worrying about the cosmetic reward and just kill some people. We had imbalances before and people didn't flip their lids like they are now that there is a bauble on offer.

53 minutes ago, Marth said:

Its the harsh reality that not going balance means you have a sub optimal sticker. 

But they do the same thing?

Edited by Mr.Scapegoat

1 hour ago, Marth said:

Its the harsh reality that not going balance means you have a sub optimal sticker. 

The only difference is cosmetic. One is gold. But the little spider on the chest with gold will forever be tarnished by this flood to Balance. 

5 hours ago, Samulus said:

They want more bodies for whatever reason

I think they want us to test the new scoring points with the Capture Bonus x Seasonal Multipliers in Fall and Winter to see how it works over a longer campaign.  How can we test a catch-up mechanic if everyone quits on day 1? 

Friendly reminder that we are testers :)

18 hours ago, Fade said:

I wonder if they all asked themselves how they could make their game die and then came up with the answer

Silly Rabbit, games die after an actual launch,.not when testing mechanics in a pre-alpha state.

Get a grip...   faction play won't be the primary game.   Class balance will be done in Beta after all classes (Frostweaver) have been added.   How can you possibly complain like this during testing, are you that ignorant of game development?

Crowfall® has not yet launched and is currently in pre-alpha testing. The game is still in development with new skills, features, and content coming online regularly.

Are your expectations that content and mechanics are magically working, balanced and bug free when added? really?

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

8 hours ago, Frykka said:

Silly Rabbit, games die after an actual launch,.not when testing mechanics in a pre-alpha state.

Get a grip...   faction play won't be the primary game.   Class balance will be done in Beta after all classes (Frostweaver) have been added.   How can you possibly complain like this during testing, are you that ignorant of game development?

Crowfall® has not yet launched and is currently in pre-alpha testing. The game is still in development with new skills, features, and content coming online regularly.

Are your expectations that content and mechanics are magically working, balanced and bug free when added? really?

Lmfao, if nobody said anything nothing would ever change. Brilliant sheep right here guys perfect fit for balance

49 minutes ago, Fade said:

Lmfao, if nobody said anything nothing would ever change. Brilliant sheep right here guys perfect fit for balance

I believe you may have used a double negative there... Punctuation is your most potent friend assuming you don't want to ratify your grammatical issues. 

I hate to post the above line, because it detracts and opens to people crying about "ad hominem attacks", but in this instance I feel like it represents an overall issue: Poignantly put, I believe you are the sheep, Fade. You seem to be the one that can't manage your emotions or expectations in this, which is usually an attribute one associates with fluffy mammals that can't think outside of their own boxes. 

We live in an age in which people can easily insulate themselves from opposing opinions... This thread doesn't fit into that dynamic, so take advantage of it and read back from page one. There are many people that disagree, how about you reflect and challenge their thoughts? Otherwise, you are being a sheep by ignoring your surroundings.

3 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I believe you may have used a double negative there... Punctuation is your most potent friend assuming you don't want to ratify your grammatical issues. 

I hate to post the above line, because it detracts and opens to people crying about "ad hominem attacks", but in this instance I feel like it represents an overall issue: Poignantly put, I believe you are the sheep, Fade. You seem to be the one that can't manage your emotions or expectations in this, which is usually an attribute one associates with fluffy mammals that can't think outside of their own boxes. 

We live in an age in which people can easily insulate themselves from opposing opinions... This thread doesn't fit into that dynamic, so take advantage of it and read back from page one. There are many people that disagree, how about you reflect and challenge their thoughts? Otherwise, you are being a sheep by ignoring your surroundings.

Haha I admire your post, very well done. I am the sheep then. I hope to see you in game.