Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know on Order (and on Chaos, I assume), there are a lot of people who've already given up on this Trials campaign. I've read the forum posts, and heard the lack of enthusiasm in some of your voices when suggesting we go pick a fight with Balance, or even dare to see about putting pressure on a keep. We can post ad nauseam about the variety of deficiencies and disparities that may or may not exist, though this does not help us, but to harm us. It poisons our fighting spirit and digital bloodlust. It saps our willingness to try new things, to think asymmetrically, and to work with what we have, instead of what we have not. I'd like to introduce a little less doom and gloom, and a little more excitement. 

First, I'd like to show all of you on Order, who didn't log in for the first siege night on Trials, just what you missed out on. It's easily one of the most fun battles I've had in this game, and even though we lost the keep, I don't think anyone there left with nothing less than a smile. This is not any form of self-promotion, but one of sharing a cool moment in a game we all love (sometimes to hate).

Before anyone gets mad, the opening gag is rather quite self-aware and tongue-in-cheek, but going by the forum posts, I figured I'd better just say so than assume everyone gets the bit.

For those of you who aren't keen to video watching, I'll give this a brief breakdown:

We used mass ballistae (now the patented ZombieGandhi's Ballista On Every Tower strategy) as a way of showing up any potential overwhelming numbers--we didn't know if all of Balance would show, or a few. 

We held choke points--sometimes not as well as we should have--in combination of the ballista: the ballista were the hammer, and we the anvil.

We even used the ballista healing bolts to heal the Tree of Life (as well as set fire to people in the tree room). 

Squishy players (leather, ranged, naked, under-leveled) took up a ballista, as for now, they take no damage. A level one fresh vessel could have set fire to dozens at a time.

Now using defensive siege weaponry isn't an IQ200 level play, but at the moment, this is only the second time I've ever seen it used, and the first time to adopt my own patented strategy (which will cost you a pinecone to use). This is asymmetrical strategic thinking, and it did us extremely well--far better than I had expected. Lesser guests to our keep would not have done so well--a testament to willingness to fight. 

This long-winded post is meant to try and convey a few things:

1.) We may be down, but we're only out, unless we say we're out (Chaos and Balance does not decide that, we do. No excuses. Stop. I know you're thinking of one now).

2.) Asymmetrical combat is our friend. Experiment, get freaky, find the weakness of your opponent and exploit it, and don't let them exploit yours.

3.) Have some goddamn fun. This is a video game. If you're not logging in with some measure of excitement, you're doing it wrong.

To further promote some hopeful unity, I would like to extend a hand, so to speak. Transcendence (TRA, that's me/us) is already starting to work with Infernal. Order may be low population, but I see there's other guilds putting points on the board. I hope you're reading these forums, and this thread, as if you are, I hope you'll reach out. Let's work together to see what we might accomplish. Fight by our rules, not theirs. 

If you'd like to contact TRA, I invite you to message me in game, or here, Discord, or wherever. Or if you'd prefer to talk with someone far more pleasant than myself, there is also Nueby. 

I cannot speak for other Order guilds, or even Chaos guilds, but if you're feeling in the down-and-out brigade, and seek to use this post as a manner of connection, then by all means, please do. The more people working together, the better the fights for everyone will be. 

All I can say, and speak for, is that Transcendence--whatever our numbers may be--won't be backing down. We'll take the fights, we're looking forward to thinking asymmetrically, and we'll be on this digital battlefield. We hope to see you all out there too, whether you're fighting with us, or against us. 

edit 'cause I words like Blair maths

edit two, 'cause I REALLY words like Blair maths

Edited by ZombieGandhi

Well put.  No excuses in this thread.  We fought the good fight and had a blast doing it.  HUGE shout out to the leaders and strategists for this endeavor for the battle plan and the execution.  HUGE shout out to everyone that showed up.  We stayed focused and followed directions to the bitter end. 

HUGE shout out to Balance.  Love them, hate them, or somewhere in between, Monday night was a good and earned victory.  The fact that we held for 40 minutes made it look like we were going to weather the assault, which put a little sting in the loss, but that's life.  We can, and probably will, debate a lot of silly stuff over the next 12 days.  You could have massed into one battle group with as many Balance that could have filled to the zone cap and took our keep in 10 minutes with plenty of time to move on to Chaos , but to your credit, you didn't.   

Edited by firstworldpotato

Can't agree more with pretty much everything Zom had to say.  All kidding aside these last few days have been a blast.

I'm just happy to have been in on the start of this journey and I look forward to continuing to grow and compete.  It should be a hell of a ride.

Favorite Parts:  "I just got mawbed by Endless" and the heart.  Please make more vids.  Pure gold.   You guys did an incredible job!

Also, ❤️ Neuby

12 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

I know on Order (and on Chaos, I assume), there are a lot of people who've already given up on this Trials campaign. I've read the forum posts, and heard the lack of enthusiasm in some of your voices when suggesting we go pick a fight with Balance, or even dare to see about putting pressure on a keep. We can post ad nauseam about the variety of deficiencies and disparities that may or may not exist, though this does not help us, but to harm us. It poisons our fighting spirit and digital bloodlust. It saps our willingness to try new things, to think asymmetrically, and to work with what we have, instead of what we have not. I'd like to introduce a little less doom and gloom, and a little more excitement. 

First, I'd like to show all of you on Order, who didn't log in for the first siege night on Trials, just what you missed out on. It's easily one of the most fun battles I've had in this game, and even though we lost the keep, I don't think anyone there left with nothing less than a smile. This is not any form of self-promotion, but one of sharing a cool moment in a game we all love (sometimes to hate).

Before anyone gets mad, the opening gag is rather quite self-aware and tongue-in-cheek, but going by the forum posts, I figured I'd better just say so than assume everyone gets the bit.

For those of you who aren't keen to video watching, I'll give this a brief breakdown:

We used mass ballistae (now the patented ZombieGandhi's Ballista On Every Tower strategy) as a way of showing up any potential overwhelming numbers--we didn't know if all of Balance would show, or a few. 

We held choke points--sometimes not as well as we should have--in combination of the ballista: the ballista were the hammer, and we the anvil.

We even used the ballista healing bolts to heal the Tree of Life (as well as set fire to people in the tree room). 

Squishy players (leather, ranged, naked, under-leveled) took up a ballista, as for now, they take no damage. A level one fresh vessel could have set fire to dozens at a time.

Now using defensive siege weaponry isn't an IQ200 level play, but at the moment, this is only the second time I've ever seen it used, and the first time to adopt my own patented strategy (which will cost you a pinecone to use). This is asymmetrical strategic thinking, and it did us extremely well--far better than I had expected. Lesser guests to our keep would not have done so well--a testament to willingness to fight. 

This long-winded post is meant to try and convey a few things:

1.) We may be down, but we're only out, unless we say we're out (Chaos and Balance does not decide that, we do. No excuses. Stop. I know you're thinking of one now).

2.) Asymmetrical combat is our friend. Experiment, get freaky, find the weakness of your opponent and exploit it, and don't let them exploit yours.

3.) Have some goddamn fun. This is a video game. If you're not logging in with some measure of excitement, you're doing it wrong.

To further promote some hopeful unity, I would like to extend a hand, so to speak. Transcendence (TRA, that's me/us) is already starting to work with Infernal. Order may be low population, but I see there's other guilds putting points on the board. I hope you're reading these forums, and this thread, as if you are, I hope you'll reach out. Let's work together to see what we might accomplish. Fight by our rules, not theirs. 

If you'd like to contact TRA, I invite you to message me in game, or here, Discord, or wherever. Or if you'd prefer to talk with someone far more pleasant than myself, there is also Nueby. 

I cannot speak for other Order guilds, or even Chaos guilds, but if you're feeling in the down-and-out brigade, and seek to use this post as a manner of connection, then by all means, please do. The more people working together, the better the fights for everyone will be. 

All I can say, and speak for, is that Transcendence--whatever our numbers may be--won't be backing down. We'll take the fights, we're looking forward to thinking asymmetrically, and we'll be on this digital battlefield. We hope to see you all out there too, whether you're fighting with us, or against us. 

edit 'cause I words like Blair maths

edit two, 'cause I REALLY words like Blair maths

Great fights all around.

Edited by Davammas
Got the embed to work. Yay!