Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belihal

thoughts...

Recommended Posts

So, noob here.. 3 days of crowfall, i don't have a guild and i'm trying the classes atm.

For what i could understand with my lack of english and knowledge of the game this Vessel thing is BAD.

What i understand is: you level your char to 30, craft or ask a crafter for a Blue/purple/orange/green vessel (i don't understand if i have to level a blue to 30 for have a purple so if any1 can told me this i appriciate it) and start to level again with exponential exp required to be 30.

Well, who cares? i just stick with my white vessel and pvp! NO, cuz blue/purple ecc.. have 2/3 times your stats so you will be a lamb in a wolfs den.

Am i right or i miss something?

if i'm right, i think something have to change if this game want to be popular.

I come from Daoc, i never played shadowbane.

In Daoc that's a CAP in the resist/stats and you can play how much you want, raid how much you want but on papers player once have arrived at that specific cap are all the same (you can have some utility from a drop in a raid like a reactive proc heal that heals you for 200hp and the crafted one heals you for 100hp.. nothing game breaking) and look daoc is still there after 10 years.

So, if i miss something cuz i'm new i say a big sorry but, if i'm not wrong, i hope things can change a bit to achive skill>gear.

Probably i have to enter in the mind-state of this kind of game, i don't wat to sound polemic i just want to say what i think.

See ya.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, You wont be combat-able in white vessels. (Nor in basic/intermediate gear)

The only good info I have for ya is that you dont need to upgrade vessels by steps. If you manage to get your hands on an Orange vessel go straight for it.

 

The idea is for veseels to be slowly made available in the live game. We will have some months where everyone will run white. Then the folks at the top will have some time with exclusive green. Then the unwashed masses get their green. Rinse and repeat.

Plus we will have more rulesets and CWs. It shouldnt be common to have new players having to compete with vets.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarriaKarl said:

Yep, You wont be combat-able in white vessels. (Nor in basic/intermediate gear)

The only good info I have for ya is that you dont need to upgrade vessels by steps. If you manage to get your hands in a Orange vessel go straight for it.

 

The idea is for veseels to be slowly made available n the live game. We will have some months were everyone will run white. Then the folk at the top will have some time with exclusive green. Then the unwashed masses get their green. Rinse and repeat.

Plus we will have more rulesets and CWs. It shouldnt be common to have new players having to compete with vets.

oh thanks, i was hoping in some hope (i can say it? lol)

Thanks for the infos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is advantage to those who have played longer, are more established, have put in the time and effort to learn the game, harvest, and craft, and and have more experience.  I 100% agree there has to be room for new players to come in and at least compete.  Some of those systems aren't implemented yet, but ultimately this is a guild vs guild game.  You need to get with a guild of more experienced players so that you can contribute and acquire a blue/purple vessel and the most advanced gear.   When there are wipes, everyone's gear and training resets to zero, so there are limited opportunities for new players to catch up.  But there definitely needs to be additional systems in place so that new players can be brought onto equal footing.  As I've said before, this isn't Overwatch where you can just jump in and be max level.  This is an MMO.


qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Yep, You wont be combat-able in white vessels. (Nor in basic/intermediate gear)

The only good info I have for ya is that you dont need to upgrade vessels by steps. If you manage to get your hands on an Orange vessel go straight for it.

 

The idea is for veseels to be slowly made available in the live game. We will have some months where everyone will run white. Then the folks at the top will have some time with exclusive green. Then the unwashed masses get their green. Rinse and repeat.

Plus we will have more rulesets and CWs. It shouldnt be common to have new players having to compete with vets.

This is false... stats do quite little in the grand scheme of things. I'm in top 5 of current leader boards for US total, and I can tell you, if you're worrying about a vessel now, and haven't even geared, you're doing yourself a disservice. A vessel won't make you a 'god-king murder monster' or even marginally OP.... gear will, time spent learning the class will, and mastering movement mechanics all will get you there, far more so than a vessel.

 

 

*Edit - Damebix is 100% correct btw, a guild will help get you there. That's your biggest advantage. New or old, you need one.

Edited by Allinavi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White to blue vessel is a decent jump ... blue to purple, not so much.  I was recently offered a new purple from one of our crafters.  And, we have really good crafters!  Yet, the stats on the purple were simply not that much better than my blue to warrant triple the time to level a purple, at least at this time since everyone is starting fresh.  I will eventually level to purple.  So yes white to blue is a very noticeable difference.  But I believe gear to make a bigger difference in 'power' than the vessel.  And I know ACE is looking at that and there is talk about removing the HP bonuses from armor and rolling those bonuses into the leveling which I think makes sense.

If you know how and where to level, its really not that long for a blue .... something like 8 hours.  I can't remember how long.  But ya, get blue as soon as you can.

 

 

 

 


cos_wb_sig1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While vessels are important, they are a part of a bigger picture.  Weapon and armor, positioning, rotation (sorta), targeting aptitude and internet connection also play a part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cosian said:

White to blue vessel is a decent jump ... blue to purple, not so much.  I was recently offered a new purple from one of our crafters.  And, we have really good crafters!  Yet, the stats on the purple were simply not that much better than my blue to warrant triple the time to level a purple, at least at this time since everyone is starting fresh.  I will eventually level to purple.  So yes white to blue is a very noticeable difference.  But I believe gear to make a bigger difference in 'power' than the vessel.  And I know ACE is looking at that and there is talk about removing the HP bonuses from armor and rolling those bonuses into the leveling which I think makes sense.

If you know how and where to level, its really not that long for a blue .... something like 8 hours.  I can't remember how long.  But ya, get blue as soon as you can.

 

 

 

 

I'm still using a white vessel because i'm waaaaay to lazy to level that poorly made socks.  It is a substantial bonus though.  I'd love to see some of the HP from gear go away and have them bake that into leveling. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Belihal said:

i just stick with my white vessel and pvp! NO, cuz blue/purple ecc.. have 2/3 times your stats

Huge HP gains do not come from the player's vessel, they come from wearing well crafted plate armor. Massive damage numbers also do not come from your vessel, they come from good class & discipline selection and a well crafted weapon.

As others have said, upgrades to your vessel are nice, but choosing a class and disciplines that are on top of the current meta, getting good gear, and learning to play that build well with a strong team is FAR more important than upgrading your vessel.

Edited by VaMei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VaMei said:

As others have said, upgrades to your vessel are nice, but choosing a class and disciplines that are on top of the current meta, getting good gear, and learning to play that build well with a strong team is FAR more important than upgrading your vessel.

High quality Vessel upgrades (blue+) are more of a long-term goal imo, and this ^^  is what new players should focus on first.


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mandalore said:

I'm still using a white vessel because i'm waaaaay to lazy to level that poorly made socks.  It is a substantial bonus though.  I'd love to see some of the HP from gear go away and have them bake that into leveling. 

id rather them bake health into the vessels instead of leveling, that id prefer them to just delete it instead of modifying it #MakeConstitutionGreatAgain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Staff said:

id rather them bake health into the vessels instead of leveling, that id prefer them to just delete it instead of modifying it #MakeConstitutionGreatAgain 

Those are two different stats.  Con feeds into multiple stats, not just health.  Path of least resistance would still be to give people health on something other than just armor. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Those are two different stats.  Con feeds into multiple stats, not just health.  Path of least resistance would still be to give people health on something other than just armor. 

what else does con feed into, my fessor only has health under con 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Staff said:

what else does con feed into, my fessor only has health under con 

 

Barrier bonus and Block bonus %


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Barrier bonus and Block bonus %

On what?  I am not gonna list every class I have, but Con =

Ranger, health

confessor, health

druid, health

cleric, health

Zero other stats listed under con on any class I've seen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On every class...


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pistkitty said:

On what?  I am not gonna list every class I have, but Con =

Ranger, health

confessor, health

druid, health

cleric, health

Zero other stats listed under con on any class I've seen.  

Barrier Bonus and Block Bonus are new stats. You can see them in your character sheet under the Defense category. Each point of constitution gives you 2 barrier bonus and .1 block bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...