Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devonic

Incentive to even out factions

I have only been back, playing Crowfall for a couple weeks since my couple months break.  The biggest issue I see is a disproportionate amount of people in the factions.

To help mitigate this, incentives could be offered to get people to join the less populated faction.  Something like a damage buff for the factions with fewer people on it.

For one I think you ought to pick  faction a stay with a faction. There is no faction pride if all can just bounce to winning faction to have guaranteed forts for crafting and basically safe zones to gather/farm. Plus with no real reason to control real estate except for above who cares who wins. Needs to be something like a special zone that can be entered by the winning side which while in there they will be harder to get to keeps to defend. Siege pieces should be a crafting trait that peeps can throw up siege alot faster. And spontaneous. I really like how DAOCs siege worked. Alot of people would have to carry supplies and give it to the builder as he builds the seige. And all the small points in map were important also as gaining control of them weaked the defences of the keeps. If you control all the small flags in a area your keeps should have roaming guards and archers all over the top. If ya take small flags in zones guards would be reduced to bare minimum. There should also be some sort of Keep Lord inside that takes a good group of peeps to take down so 4 stealthers can't jump a unbuilt wall and kill four guards to take a keep

I was wondering if it would be possible to get people to sign up to a new campaign up to 12 hours before it launches.

Let people signup as individuals, groups or guilds.   That way the population of each faction could be balanced before the campaign starts.

oh and no switching factions once the campaign launches.

Edited by Thyre

3 minutes ago, Thyre said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to get people to sign up to a new campaign up to 12 hours before it launches.

Let people signup as individuals, groups or guilds.   That way the population of each faction could be balanced before the campaign starts.

This campaigns guild shift was planned weeks ago.  

Splitting up players that work together and want to play together by random, is a great way to convince them to stop playing.

1 hour ago, Thyre said:

That would a be a poorly made socksty job.  How would you make it even?  Are all players equal? Are all guilds?  Is ACE going to decide what guild people can be in? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

offer different rewards for the top players in losing factions, if you offer something thats like the winners reward but just lesser everyones always gonna choose the cooler better version

hoayaga2.jpg

What's standard is used to determine top player?   I hope you don't mean the epeen points list...   that is dominated by capping monkeys and solo gankers, not necessarily by "top" players.   BR style statistics is a terrible measure of contribution, yes, it's what we have but in no way is a good measure of performance in a campaign.  

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

4 hours ago, Devonic said:

I have only been back, playing Crowfall for a couple weeks since my couple months break.  The biggest issue I see is a disproportionate amount of people in the factions.

To help mitigate this, incentives could be offered to get people to join the less populated faction.  Something like a damage buff for the factions with fewer people on it. 

now emulate the situation:

one faction (f1) have alot of new players or have low gear and not organized or mostly full of very small groups

other faction (f2) is a biggest clans. crafted, geared, have knowledge. they are working only together, know each other. and... they can have less ppl.

you suggest giving f2 dmg buff. you sure?

if they give us such mechanic so only depended on score and some very complex calculations

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

How does leaderboards work for healers?  Scouts?  Support chars? Crafters?  Harvesters?  Commanders?  Siege Engineers?  Cooks?  What metrics can be used to determine best? 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

How does leaderboards work for healers?  Scouts?  Support chars? Crafters?  Harvesters?  Commanders?  Siege Engineers?  Cooks?  What metrics can be used to determine best? 

well, typically devs have access to every single item to the game. they can analyze quality, quantity or the gear inside campaign in theory.

Discord makkon#8550

14 minutes ago, makkon said:

well, typically devs have access to every single item to the game. they can analyze quality, quantity or the gear inside campaign in theory.

That’s not something ACE can do while making the game and all of that is subjective and not as easy to determine best.  

In your own words what determines best for any of those and how do you quantify it.  If your looking at healers is it just healing the most?  Is it most damage prevented with barriers?  How do hp buffs or armor buffs work into that?  Does self healing work?  Dmg absorbed from alts?  What about effective healing?  Is it time on a healer?  Best is subjective.

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

12 minutes ago, mandalore said:

That’s not something ACE can do while making the game and all of that is subjective and not as easy to determine best.  

In your own words what determines best for any of those and how do you quantify it.  If your looking at healers is it just healing the most?  Is it most damage prevented with barriers?  How do hp buffs or armor buffs work into that?  Does self healing work?  Dmg absorbed from alts?  What about effective healing?  Is it time on a healer?  Best is subjective.

if devs haven't and won't adjusting all the time losing faction (any way - dmg buffs, hp buff, mitigation buff, score speed x2, stronger guards, less timers for defending etc) they need some auto analytics.

if they did not do so, there will be

1) contract campaigns

2) unfair campaigns

3) one-side campaigns

etc etc etc

as result -> ppl leaving. sad but true

Discord makkon#8550

5 minutes ago, makkon said:

if devs haven't and won't adjusting all the time losing faction (any way - dmg buffs, hp buff, mitigation buff, score speed x2, stronger guards, less timers for defending etc) they need some auto analytics.

if they did not do so, there will be

1) contract campaigns

2) unfair campaigns

3) one-side campaigns

etc etc etc

as result -> ppl leaving. sad but true

Okay so you don’t know how to measure those as best either.  I don’t think you can fwiw.  Scoring is arbitrary and is by no means reflective of best only most active. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

Forcing people, or creating an designed filter/barrier is a bad idea. People need to be able to play where they wish. The problem, at least as I see it, is the chokepoint on resources. The guild I play with, The UnDeAd Legion, is pretty well organized, skilled in logistics and character building. We have crafters, gatherers, PvPers, we've all been here a long time. We get it. Unfortunately, on the best of nights, we roll out with 15, as the entire guild has not bought in to CF yet. But that isn't the problem...If everyone else was like that, it wouldn't matter. But they are not

This is not a salt/cry/tears post. But.. The reality is, the two largest, well organized guilds (that are largely geared to the teeth), have chosen to band together in what was already a strong faction standing alone... and that's fine. The problem is, most of the rest of the population is undergeared and "newish". Balance controls all three forts.. good for them. They also control largely the adventure zones whenever they want. When they are not doing that, they RPK and farm the farmers in those zones. Hey, it is what it is. No hate. 

My problem is the lack of high end resources is a barrier to the smaller guy getting geared given the size of the current mapset.. Look at Chaos. Iron is the single driving force behind armor. There is 1 R6 and 1 R7 motherlode in the adventure zone, There are 5 single nodes outside our Keep that Balance owns. Resources should take effort to come by, but they do not need to be that scarce. 

25 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Okay so you don’t know how to measure those as best either.  I don’t think you can fwiw.  Scoring is arbitrary and is by no means reflective of best only most active.  

will correct here - I dont care actually. this is not my pain in the head.

I just know what there will be most maps unfair and ppl start leaving project. no1 like to lose all the time. how they can fix it? well, thinking in 2 mins and I wrote above.

what's why there are mostly theme park games only nowadays

Discord makkon#8550

we need a better point system for caps and kills, have kills give 1000 points on first death, then divide that among the damage dealers with a seperate point pull for healers proportional to how much healing they did on the dps 

hoayaga2.jpg

1 hour ago, Armegeddon said:

Forcing people, or creating an designed filter/barrier is a bad idea. People need to be able to play where they wish. The problem, at least as I see it, is the chokepoint on resources. The guild I play with, The UnDeAd Legion, is pretty well organized, skilled in logistics and character building. We have crafters, gatherers, PvPers, we've all been here a long time. We get it. Unfortunately, on the best of nights, we roll out with 15, as the entire guild has not bought in to CF yet. But that isn't the problem...If everyone else was like that, it wouldn't matter. But they are not

This is not a salt/cry/tears post. But.. The reality is, the two largest, well organized guilds (that are largely geared to the teeth), have chosen to band together in what was already a strong faction standing alone... and that's fine. The problem is, most of the rest of the population is undergeared and "newish". Balance controls all three forts.. good for them. They also control largely the adventure zones whenever they want. When they are not doing that, they RPK and farm the farmers in those zones. Hey, it is what it is. No hate. 

My problem is the lack of high end resources is a barrier to the smaller guy getting geared given the size of the current mapset.. Look at Chaos. Iron is the single driving force behind armor. There is 1 R6 and 1 R7 motherlode in the adventure zone, There are 5 single nodes outside our Keep that Balance owns. Resources should take effort to come by, but they do not need to be that scarce. 

Its not like choosing a faction is puting a barrier on people. When you make a new character you choose faction and its permanent. If ya find ya dont like it make a new character in a new faction with the new friends ya wanna join. Now all your new friends will be that faction. But bouncing a new faction every campain if ya want is plain bad

I feel like any rewards that directly affect pvp or resource gathering should not happen.

bonuses should only affect things like experience, points per capture, points on turn end, things like this.

also Wasichu you can't pick a new faction per character, its per campaign.

10 hours ago, Wasichu said:

Its not like choosing a faction is putting a barrier on people. When you make a new character you choose faction and its permanent. If ya find ya dont like it make a new character in a new faction with the new friends ya wanna join. Now all your new friends will be that faction. But bouncing a new faction every campaign if ya want is plain bad

Locking a character to a faction simply removes or mitigates the ability for players to self balance as they enter new campaigns.  Clearly this has already happened in the past here multiple times as larger guilds have switched factions expressly for the purpose of creating a more competitive and improved game play for everyone.  So I would not think we would want to remove that ability.  

Nobody wants to have to level individual toons for each faction.  Further, if they did go through that grind you are simply back where you started;  That is, players then have the ability to play whatever faction that want in a particular campaign using the toons they leveled for that faction.  So this does not 'fix' the problem.  It just a grind mechanic that players will not like.

Players and larger guilds will self balance over time.  Sitting on a keep wall night after night with no action in pursuit of some innocuous campaign reward is not the game play people are looking for.  At least I would hope not.

Edited by Cosian

cos_wb_sig1.png

16 hours ago, mandalore said:

I figure there might be a place for letting guilds decide to some extent who gets what.  

For example, if the current rules were "The Guild leader of the top guild gets 12 gold badges to distribute", then ACE offloads the problem of defining who worked the hardest in the guild to the guild leadership.