Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.3 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 2/15/19

Waiting in QUE in Stonehaven to get into Bardshofn....went from #8 in the que then jumped to #23....down to #21 now.....WTF???

unknown.png

BTW....waiting in QUE during sieges....BLOWS!

Edited by Kryshael

5 hours ago, Arkade said:

Power Efficiency skills don't do anything:

zsCZnEv.png

I assume this is supposed to be 1.5%, but it doesn't add anything to my Power Efficiency stat, or any other stat related to it. I have 24% power efficiency from the Knight's Tactical Mastery talent, and that's all that displays in the character sheet:

DxD32JE.png

As you can see in this screenshot, the cap on Power Efficiency is 25%, and I'm almost at the cap with just that 1 talent. There are a total of 6 skill nodes that give power efficiency (while using a sword...it may vary for other weapons) between the Weapons, Melee and One Hand Melee trees. If each of these skill nodes is intended to give 1.5% Power Efficiency, that is a total of 9%, but when combined with Tactical Mastery, I would never get the full benefit of it due to the cap. If I spec Sentinel, I can get another 15% Power Efficiency and Power Efficiency Cap, but that doesn't fix the issue with the skills not working and generally being useless when combined with Tactical Mastery.

The Kinetic Boost ability (Force Mage) says it increases Power Efficiency by 20%, but it actually reduces weapon weight by 20. This is a good thing since if it actually did what it said, it would be useless when combined with Tactical Mastery, but the tooltip should be updated to reflect that.

The Candle That Burns ability (Human) says that it increases Power Efficiency by 5%, but it actually reduces it by 5%.That may be an intended offset to the damage bonus, but it needs to be properly reflected in the tooltip.

These stat caps really need to be looked at as they are far too limiting in many cases. I understand that you want people to be able to hit the caps in a variety of ways, but they are currently too restrictive. It shouldn't be so easy to hit the caps.

This makes me wonder whether the node is actually meant to give 0.015%, which would be 1/15th of a percent, rather than 1.5 percent.

14 hours ago, makkon said:

some ultimates are terrible, some are OP, some was designed in SP period and then dramatically owned by soul power, then dramatically owned by removing FX, some can be double casted.

but some ults are working in the air which makes it possible to survive in " mathematically unwinnable" situation called fall dmg

same for some other classes.

could you add it to any single ultimate power and start reworking old ones which are nothing but stub of history

Figures that it would be confessor's ult that makes you immune to fall damage. The devs are probably trying to rework Sustain to make rangers take more fall damage while it's active.

21 minutes ago, Pwca said:

This makes me wonder whether the node is actually meant to give 0.015%, which would be 1/15th of a percent, rather than 1.5 percent.

I doubt it. There were a lot of stats that were displayed like that and they fixed most of them, but not all of them.

.015% is so low that it wouldn't even be worth training.

There are discrepancies between the swing times for tools, and the bonuses given by the 5-PIP power bonus on the different resource-specific exploration disciplines.

Skinning - Working as written, improves the damage for the same two swings as the 5-PIP bonus

Mining and Quarrying - Lasts the full duration, resulting in 4 swings worth of bonus damage

Logging - Lasts the full duration, resulting in 5 swings worth of bonus damage, seems to be a result of axes having a shorter animation time than the other tools.

Digging - Unchecked.

--------------------------------------------

Treated Steel is apparently still unstackable despite recipes calling for it as an additive having 2 or 4 in a single slot.

Suggestions -

Alter the recipe to make 10 at a time (enough to make a full set of gear)

Remove experimentation from the item

It would be really nice if hitting any other power cancelled the mounted state.  Want to dismount?  Activate another power... anything.

Also, please increase the zone caps now that performance feels so much better.  Let's see what it's like with 150 instead of 100.  As you bring more performance optimizations online, raise it further.   100 feels terribly limiting, even with the small server pops at the moment.  No one enjoys queuing to get into a zone for a siege.

Edit to add:  Siege engines (especially ballistas) shouldn't be able to rotate 365 degrees. Their firing arc should really be no more than about 170 degrees.

Edited by Durenthal

Okay as a crafter can we please get the ability to craft multiple items at one time?  Making 1000 arrows and having to click on everything 10 times is really something that should be fixed.

Next when moving stuff from inventory to spirit bank can you have it auto stack to maximum stack size?  Or at the very least have the spirit bank allow you to get to max size without having to move it into your inventory first.

How come the spirit bank even though not full will not allow me to transfer items from my inventory to the spirit bank however when I go to another character it allows it?  If this is some sort of limit please remove it.  Crafters and harvesters already have a disadvantage dealing with PVP players that just want to kill them all day long.  If you limit this then we have no real recourse to move stuff from inventory to spirit bank.

1 hour ago, Lorinestri said:

Okay as a crafter can we please get the ability to craft multiple items at one time?  Making 1000 arrows and having to click on everything 10 times is really something that should be fixed.

Next when moving stuff from inventory to spirit bank can you have it auto stack to maximum stack size?  Or at the very least have the spirit bank allow you to get to max size without having to move it into your inventory first.

How come the spirit bank even though not full will not allow me to transfer items from my inventory to the spirit bank however when I go to another character it allows it?  If this is some sort of limit please remove it.  Crafters and harvesters already have a disadvantage dealing with PVP players that just want to kill them all day long.  If you limit this then we have no real recourse to move stuff from inventory to spirit bank.

Ammo management period for Rangers is stupid. You can get quivers which are unlimited ammo of specific type that doesn't decay. Don't even know how Rangers function not using them.

30 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Force Mage

• Force Shield removes itself if you go into survival tray
  • Wreckoning does nothing. Barriers expire and no damage is done.

Wreckoning "worked" last night when I tested it. It took the tiniest sliver of health off an R1 spider in the starting area -- but there was no fly text. The damage was so staggeringly low, it leads me to believe a coefficient was left out of the calculation.

Archer - Brigand - Booby Trap Passive

As a Brigand, you cannot place the Booby Trap passive in the Survival Tray.  If you place bombs, then go to the survival tray, Booby Traps does not apply to your bombs and they do weak damage with no DoTs. Please allow the Booby Trap passive to be placed in the Survival Tray (this doesn't mean that you can place bombs from Survival, just that they do the Brigand dmg buff still)

Also, you have to go through Survival Tray to get back to stealth.

1 hour ago, Navystylz said:

Ammo management period for Rangers is stupid. You can get quivers which are unlimited ammo of specific type that doesn't decay. Don't even know how Rangers function not using them.

Well, we no longer have Master of Bows, so that quiver no longer works.  That leaves taking either Sharpshooter or Arcane Archer to be able to use a quiver.  Kind of a rough way to get one, especially for Brigand.

Logged in on the same faction as always in previous tests on EU (Balance), looked at the score, seen the enormous gap between Balance and Chaos/Order, opened the map, seen the Chaos holding everything, looked at scoreboard and seen everyone turned into Chaos.

Logged off.

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

I am still messing around with the new changes to crafting so I am sorry if this subject has been brought up before but I am just now returning from a break pre 5.8. The main issue that I seem to be running into is now that the crafting recipes are discipline bound I am unable to make certain items due to not being trained enough in a crafting skill. An example is that I have leatherworking as a main disc, to make regular leather armor it takes metal buckles. I have skill points in blacksmithing but since I do not have blacksmithing as a main disc I am unable to access the recipe to make metal buckles. I've been told since the beginning that I can make my character my way and play them how I want to and under the previous system it seemed that I could do that. I trained in in several crafting skills enough to unlock the recipes that would allow me to craft under my main objective which was required since one crafting item could require recipes from 2-3 different skills, as they are so intertwined. This was not a problem, I could be trained as a crafter  and have a crafting disc and still have another disc that let me fight or heal or run. But now my impression under the new system is that I need to slot two crafting disc jut to have access to the recipes required to make an item under one crafting category, and if it requires multiple recipe components from more than one (for lack of a better word) crafting skill tree than I have to destroy one of my disc, slot the new disc for the other skill line, craft the item I need than destroy that disc and put a new disc for my old skill in. In addition to the fact that it will be harder to obtain disc, this seems such a waste to me. Now its very possible that I am doing something wrong or that I have not reached a level high enough to have complete access to a skill. I would love to talk to high level crafters, especially  those in blacksmithing or leatherworking to see how the process is done under the new system. Maybe I am missing a step or have pigeonholed myself in to something by mistake, but as it stands now the new crafting restrictions tying recipes to disciplines seems to make it so I am unable to use one character to craft in a skill line in its entirety  with just one major crafting discipline equipped.

7 minutes ago, LilLionman said:

I am still messing around with the new changes to crafting so I am sorry if this subject has been brought up before but I am just now returning from a break pre 5.8. The main issue that I seem to be running into is now that the crafting recipes are discipline bound I am unable to make certain items due to not being trained enough in a crafting skill. An example is that I have leatherworking as a main disc, to make regular leather armor it takes metal buckles. I have skill points in blacksmithing but since I do not have blacksmithing as a main disc I am unable to access the recipe to make metal buckles. I've been told since the beginning that I can make my character my way and play them how I want to and under the previous system it seemed that I could do that. I trained in in several crafting skills enough to unlock the recipes that would allow me to craft under my main objective which was required since one crafting item could require recipes from 2-3 different skills, as they are so intertwined. This was not a problem, I could be trained as a crafter  and have a crafting disc and still have another disc that let me fight or heal or run. But now my impression under the new system is that I need to slot two crafting disc jut to have access to the recipes required to make an item under one crafting category, and if it requires multiple recipe components from more than one (for lack of a better word) crafting skill tree than I have to destroy one of my disc, slot the new disc for the other skill line, craft the item I need than destroy that disc and put a new disc for my old skill in. In addition to the fact that it will be harder to obtain disc, this seems such a waste to me. Now its very possible that I am doing something wrong or that I have not reached a level high enough to have complete access to a skill. I would love to talk to high level crafters, especially  those in blacksmithing or leatherworking to see how the process is done under the new system. Maybe I am missing a step or have pigeonholed myself in to something by mistake, but as it stands now the new crafting restrictions tying recipes to disciplines seems to make it so I am unable to use one character to craft in a skill line in its entirety  with just one major crafting discipline equipped.

In the future you won't be able to remove disciplines and replace them with something different. You can build your character the way you want but you can't make a character able to do everything. What you need to do to be a jack of all trades is to level up different vessels and slot the crafting disciplines you want in.

9 minutes ago, Extintor said:

In the future you won't be able to remove disciplines and replace them with something different. You can build your character the way you want but you can't make a character able to do everything. What you need to do to be a jack of all trades is to level up different vessels and slot the crafting disciplines you want in.

My understanding is with limit of bank export/import that trading mats between characters will be limited. So I have character make blacksmithing item, import to bank, export to my leatherworker and make item? Will I be limited on number of times I can do that? what about  campaigns that have no imports how can I really craft for my guild then.  I understand that I can trade for items or buy them but  It just seems more convoluted to me than the old system. Felt like the old system allowed me to be more independent and self reliant. Guess I just have to get used to it. Thanks for your response to my post, I appreciate the information. 

Just now, LilLionman said:

My understanding is with limit of bank export/import that trading mats between characters will be limited. So I have character make blacksmithing item, import to bank, export to my leatherworker and make item? Will I be limited on number of times I can do that? what about  campaigns that have no imports how can I really craft for my guild then.  I understand that I can trade for items or buy them but  It just seems more convoluted to me than the old system. Felt like the old system allowed me to be more independent and self reliant. Guess I just have to get used to it. Thanks for your response to my post, I appreciate the information. 

Well, if you're in a guild or plan to be in a guild you can work with other players, the design of the crafting system tries to encourage the team work. Besides in the future there will be guild banks to put your stuff and retrieve it later with another character.

There are some missing parts but they will be in game at some point.

4 hours ago, Pwca said:

Wreckoning "worked" last night when I tested it. It took the tiniest sliver of health off an R1 spider in the starting area -- but there was no fly text. The damage was so staggeringly low, it leads me to believe a coefficient was left out of the calculation.

Wreckoning can do some decent damage, especially if you have multiple barrier sources. My beef is that it can suddenly stop working, and not do any damage at all. Which is super frustrating.

20 hours ago, Arkade said:

Power Efficiency skills don't do anything:

zsCZnEv.png

I assume this is supposed to be 1.5%, but it doesn't add anything to my Power Efficiency stat, or any other stat related to it. I have 24% power efficiency from the Knight's Tactical Mastery talent, and that's all that displays in the character sheet:

DxD32JE.png

As you can see in this screenshot, the cap on Power Efficiency is 25%, and I'm almost at the cap with just that 1 talent. There are a total of 6 skill nodes that give power efficiency (while using a sword...it may vary for other weapons) between the Weapons, Melee and One Hand Melee trees. If each of these skill nodes is intended to give 1.5% Power Efficiency, that is a total of 9%, but when combined with Tactical Mastery, I would never get the full benefit of it due to the cap. If I spec Sentinel, I can get another 15% Power Efficiency and Power Efficiency Cap, but that doesn't fix the issue with the skills not working and generally being useless when combined with Tactical Mastery.

The Kinetic Boost ability (Force Mage) says it increases Power Efficiency by 20%, but it actually reduces weapon weight by 20. This is a good thing since if it actually did what it said, it would be useless when combined with Tactical Mastery, but the tooltip should be updated to reflect that.

The Candle That Burns ability (Human) says that it increases Power Efficiency by 5%, but it actually reduces it by 5%.That may be an intended offset to the damage bonus, but it needs to be properly reflected in the tooltip.

These stat caps really need to be looked at as they are far too limiting in many cases. I understand that you want people to be able to hit the caps in a variety of ways, but they are currently too restrictive. It shouldn't be so easy to hit the caps.

I got 4 pip in one power effiency and now im at cap at 40% sooo yeah for me those efficiency pips are useless :P

Swordsman Passive
Has a chance to cast mighty surge on you when you perform any non-basic, non shield melee attack while wielding a sword.

It doesnt seem to work on 95% of disciplines melee attacks
Works with
Tenderize (Atleast first chain)
Dazzling Blade
Bloodstrike

Every other one it doesnt seem to work with (used each skill atleast 30 times to test.