Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.4 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports 02/15/2019

28 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

The 24 second ICD is a pretty unreasonable over nerf on Sanctifiers especially considering that the duration of the shield is still 8 seconds. Doubling the current ICD to 10 or even 12 seems pretty reasonable. If at 10, you don't even need to adjust the duration if you want to leave them in a situation where they can be uncovered by the barrier.

The duration of the shield should at least last the length of the ICD or be pretty close to it.

IMHO 12 seconds cool down and it lasting 12 seconds would be reasonable start.  That would be a 50% nerf.

2 minutes ago, Zorph said:

IMHO 12 seconds cool down and it lasting 12 seconds would be reasonable start.  That would be a 50% nerf.

Lets be real, the plate fessor was getting out of hand.

59 minutes ago, Audin said:

Lets be real, the plate fessor was getting out of hand.

I believe they needed a nerf.  But you have to remember they have low hp, don't have a great heal, don't have huge mitigation like real tanks, can be easily kited.   This means they have no barrier for 16 out of every 24 seconds.

I personally feel sanctifiers should move to a mid range class.  Basically allow them to upgrade their distance.  But lower barrier so it isn't incredible like it is now.

16 minutes ago, Zorph said:

I believe they needed a nerf.  But you have to remember they have low hp, don't have a great heal, don't have huge mitigation like real tanks, can be easily kited.   This means they have no barrier for 16 out of every 24 seconds.

I personally feel sanctifiers should move to a mid range class.  Basically allow them to upgrade their distance.  But lower barrier so it isn't incredible like it is now.

How does a plate wearer have low HP and Mitigations ? I'm a little confused.

Then you are comparing yourself to a tank? You're a confessor (DPS). Why would you compare yourself to a tank class ?

15 minutes ago, Audin said:

Then you are comparing yourself to a tank? You're a confessor (DPS). Why would you compare yourself to a tank class ?

You are within 7m of your target, so you can't really stay behind to far and do any damage at all.  Sanctifiers are the tank/mage class.  I feel the should be a mid range dps class. 

But if you want them to be up close you have to give them enough mitigation, which is very hard to do.  Barrier is great if they aren't targeted when it refreshed every 8 seconds.  Probably to good. That is why it got the nerf bat, which I agree with.

Edited by Zorph

On 2/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, moneda said:

- I needs 5.8.4 patch notes!

- It seems strange that the "swift" mount requires the regular mount as an ingredient, but the regular mount isn't craftable and has to be bought.

• Will we be able to craft the regular mount in future? I hope so.
  • Why the double work to get the better mount? 😫

This is on purpose. The regular mount needs to be purchased. Then you have to use that in the crafting recipe for the swift pig. 

2 hours ago, Zorph said:

umm plate fessor has a lot of HP and mitigations. its all in the armor. plus nice dps up close, and that barrier is nice. and you can take force mage for extra barrier

On server test, you can no longer die when you jump outside the map ( you only loose 40% HP )
best solution would be to insta kill anyone under -100

Warrior of Vengeance is not able to apply the full 30% Slashing Damage bonus to Vindicator Templar due to the fact it does not modify the Slashing Damage Cap.
Due to the Capstone Passive from Vindicator, Slashing Bonus will be at 38% before the buff is appied.
The Cap for Slashing Damage Bonus is 40% so the Warrior of Vengeance buff is only able to apply 2% actual bonus 

Suggest modifying Warrior of Vengeance to increase the Slashing Damage Bonus Cap as well.

4 hours ago, Audin said:

im wearing green plate made by a good blacksmith with under 10k health on platefessor, without someone hitting me with elemental damage i have no way to heal at all, without my shields i have no way to mitigate damage, i cant even kite enemies as platefessor because of spiting distance. this will kill an entire line of confessor

Not ever character should have healing, not every character should have high health. There's drawbacks well should be, your DPS, not tank, not support, not shield, which means, when I get onto your ass which means you cant kite, your dead, plane and simple. You shouldn't be in plate armor anyways. 

12 minutes ago, Explozive said:

Not ever character should have healing, not every character should have high health. There's drawbacks well should be, your DPS, not tank, not support, not shield, which means, when I get onto your ass which means you cant kite, your dead, plane and simple. You shouldn't be in plate armor anyways. 

The literal point of that confessor spec is "wear plate and do spells in melee range"

WTF are you on about shouldn't be wearing plate.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

27 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

The literal point of that confessor spec is "wear plate and do spells in melee range"

WTF are you on about shouldn't be wearing plate.

he's just mad i killed his guild leader yesterday on one, just ignore the ramblings of the enraged 

it would be nice if cleansing fire passive and arkons fury stacked for elemental debuff... and if fanatic actually had some talents that made sense, instead of extra CC duration, because retaliate

hellfire and brimstone is pretty pointless as well... what leather class is going to be within melee range where thatll be needed. maybe buff the aura and shield to give something extra. same with condemnation, kinda crappy skill to go with damnation talent. all melee range, not worth the skill slot.

id rather use force wave from force mage, does more damage and pushes people back and snares

Edited by yianni

8 minutes ago, yianni said:

it would be nice if cleansing fire passive and arkons fury stacked for elemental debuff... and if fanatic actually had some talents that made sense, instead of extra CC duration, because retaliate

hellfire and brimstone is pretty pointless as well... what leather class is going to be within melee range where thatll be needed. maybe buff the aura and shield to give something extra. same with condemnation, kinda crappy skill to go with damnation talent. all melee range, not worth the skill slot.

id rather use force wave from force mage, does more damage and pushes people back and snares

Ya I was a little disappointed when paired with a CC fessor that the debuffs dont stack.  Hellfire and brimstone could be modified to how force wave works that would make it interesting or some other modifier for the hellfire aura.  Condemnation with how the game is setup now should be changed to a non charged attack or reduce how long it needs to be channeled. During the hunger dome days with animation locks this was ok.