Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.4 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports 02/15/2019

On one account, the game hung while loading after I used recall. After closing out the game and logging back in, I was in the temple as expected. On a different account, the recall worked, but it put me in the starter area instead of the temple.

A bit hard to trap someone when they can just walk around the traps with no perception buffs or anything.

A bit hard to sneak around when they can see you drop traps and you have the stealth movement speed of a snail on barbituates.

On the brigand's client, the explosive and faerie traps appear to explode when they time out even though they simply vanish for everyone else that's watching. This is either a bug or it is now confirmed lore all Brigands have wicked PTSD.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

January 20, 2019

• Hurray! Brigand Bombs don't remove stealth when they expire!
    • The stealth LMB still reveals you even if you don't hit anyone. It's extremely annoying too, and I hate I can't take it off my bar.
  • Hurray! 60m Rangers are back!
  • Attacks from behind still don't show flytext or register in the combat log
  • Same ol' Minotaur racial bugs (Bull Rush can't be slotted into the ranged tray/Bloodthirst uses class resource)
  • Charged Shots doesn't proc off of Basic Bows
  • Hot Foot doesn't proc off ranged LMBs,but does off of Melee ones (even if you're in melee range on a Ranged weapon)
  • Minotaur (and I suspect Centaur too) doesn't have animations for Force Mage Force Wave
  • New Trial of Malekai campaign screen is neat
    • Trial of Malekai campaign screen shows up when logging into EKs too
  • Something I've noticed when trying to loading into wolds on my potato:
    • If the loading screen jumps from "Preparing Terrain" to "Leaving World", I'm custarded and have 0 chance of entering unless I change characters or restart the client
    • If the loading screen jumps from "Preparing Terrain" to "Loading Zone...#%", but fails, I still have a chance of entering if I brute force my way in
    • Not sure if this is any bit meaningful, but I'm sure someone would like to know this :)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Adding on to a post I made in 5.8.3 forum:
Wreckoning is still borked, as in, a barrier will expire and no damage is done.
Likely related, Reprisal from Rune Caster is also not doing any damage.
Since these are two similar skills, is the some sort of common thread regarding the aoe not dealing damage?

Doing some playing around, it seems that both the abilities do work, but not all the time.
I've found that triggering Reprisal, and then moving away from where I cast it pretty reliably stops it from dealing damage. Need to see if this is the same case with Wreckoning.

UPDATE:
It seems like Reprisal leaves an invisible thing on the ground, and that is what explodes and causes damage.
Just tested this on some pigs, where I cast Reprisal next to two pigs, pulled one and left the other standing there. The one that followed me took no damage from Reprisal, but the one that stayed did.
Video to come.

Video going through each stage of this bug. First pigs shows Reprisal working, second pig shows that pulling it away from the initial cast location doesn't inflict any damage, and third pig shows that Reprisal seems to trigger at the cast location, not on the character.

Edited by Groovin

16 hours ago, Zorph said:

I believe they needed a nerf.  But you have to remember they have low hp, don't have a great heal, don't have huge mitigation like real tanks, can be easily kited.   This means they have no barrier for 16 out of every 24 seconds.

I personally feel sanctifiers should move to a mid range class.  Basically allow them to upgrade their distance.  But lower barrier so it isn't incredible like it is now.

who cares about HP if you shielded all the time? I mostly saw fessors switch to leather and did not take last passive and feel great.

fessors are out of control in 5.8.1, still way too strong in 5.8.3 coz tornado, evaiding fall dmg, best range dps. will check population in 5.8.4 on life 😃

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

1 hour ago, makkon said:

who cares about HP if you shielded all the time? I mostly saw fessors switch to leather and did not take last passive and feel great.

fessors are out of control in 5.8.1, still way too strong in 5.8.3 coz tornado, evaiding fall dmg, best range dps. will check population in 5.8.4 on life 😃

First I want to make it clear.  I agree with a nerf and even mentioned it.  I also agree they need to work on fall damage.  Fall damage should not be the highest damage skill.  They have fixed that with it being at the very most 40% damage on the test server.

The reason you saw people wearing leather is that you don't have to be at 7m, you do 20% less damage.  But you don't get kited and you have range.

IMHO - the nerf is very extreme on timing.  It is not only 3 times the length on cool down.  They didn't increase the length of the barrier.  So this means most of the time you will not have a barrier.  Usually halfing/doubling is considered extreme, but fastest way to fix problems.

Also the mitigation on sanctifier and healing is not like the real tanks.  With this change they have really lowered the defense on them.  Let's see how it plays out, my guess is it is to much.

2 minutes ago, Devonic said:

Just got kicked from campaign and they are not listed.

If it was an update, did not see any notifications

Sorry, wrong chat, this was on live, but back up

i see some people doing this twice on live ( i will try to reproduce this week end on test, because it's only during siege )

you can put a balista on a keep when you are attacking it, blocking defensor to put their own, when the wall is down, you can use it on the defensor.

stormcaller lightning strike animation is really funky, has weird sound effects and the aurora emitter dot doesnt work.

also bark skin and lightning shield doesnt seem to work with electric shield, i dont see my mitigation increasing in the paper doll, same with force mage reactive shield

Edited by yianni

when u cast aurora emmiter on multiple enemies, and then the effects hit even more enemies......it appears as tho the sound is multiplied by the number of enemies hit.

its going to cause hearing loss =(

13 hours ago, yianni said:

stormcaller lightning strike animation is really funky, has weird sound effects and the aurora emitter dot doesnt work.

DoT works fine for me.

u know it doesnt hurt the guy u put it on, but it dmgs enemies next to them, ya?

3 minutes ago, Medicaid said:

DoT works fine for me.

u know it doesnt hurt the guy u put it on, but it dmgs enemies next to them, ya?

yes i know thats how it works, dummies werent getting hit by the dot

i see.

just seems confusing how ur reporting it dont work, and im reporting im going deaf from using it.

maybe dummies are just too far apart.

19 minutes ago, moneda said:

Perhaps this is another kind of damage/power not causing fly text or combat log entries, like From Behind damage.

that could be the case, as  i didnt see any on the dummies

Was just hopeful as the human active slot stacked with the discipline

4 hours ago, mandalore said:

Caps at 4 passives, regardless.  Demons pact doesnt stack with human extra.