Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HeadDropCanNon

Rewards for Faction Loyalty

In the month or two that I have played Crowfal, one of the biggest complaints I've heard is that the factions are unbalanced. I suggest maybe implementing a reward system to incentivize guilds/individual players to choose one faction consistently. These rewards could come in the form of faction specific loot, skins, recruitable NPCs or abilities that can travel between campaigns. Different rewards could be available between individual players and guilds, so there could be some subversion done by individuals/cells against guilds in the enemy faction. Another thing that could be added is   "bribery" in that if a player completes a certain number of tasks or campaigns for one faction, then they get a bribe to tempt them to defect to another faction. This creates a kind of loyalty vs infamy system to augment how players will naturally change factions.

Edited by HeadDropCanNon

42 minutes ago, HeadDropCanNon said:

In the month or two that I have played Crowfal, one of the biggest complaints I've heard is that the factions are unbalanced. I suggest maybe implementing a reward system to incentivize guilds/individual players to choose one faction consistently. These rewards could come in the form of faction specific loot, skins, recruitable NPCs or abilities that can travel between campaigns. Different rewards could be available between individual players and guilds, so there could be some subversion done by individuals/cells against guilds in the enemy faction. Another thing that could be added is   "bribery" in that if a player completes a certain number of tasks or campaigns for one faction, then they get a bribe to tempt them to defect to another faction. This creates a kind of loyalty vs infamy system to augment how players will naturally change factions.

Most of the powerful guilds playing are waiting for the dregs.  Most of us are only playing factions because there’s nothing else.  The testing pop is very small and is mostly made up of a few guilds.  

I’ve never seen a game with factions balance it right.  I don’t see how.  I don’t think Cf is going to figure out this enigma Bc I don’t think there’s a way to balance faction play.  Are all players equal?  Do they start telling people who they can play with?  

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

6 hours ago, HeadDropCanNon said:

I suggest maybe implementing a reward system to incentivize guilds/individual players to choose one faction consistently. 

You want to create a reward for a winning team to stay the same winning team in the next campaign, rather than persuading them to change it up?

Any problem with small player size is going to slowly stop being a problem just because of the nature of a game transitioning from Alpha to full release and more of the backers joining as well as new players. If you want to write off faction play all together as impossible to balance, then why are you playing this game? Its one of the central mechanics on deciding who you talk to versus who you stab. The game already tell you who you can play with when you choose a faction, so why not create a sub system to make choosing a faction a real choice as opposed to choosing the side with the most victories. With the bribes and rewards, players and guilds would be incentivized to join the losing factions to keep the balance of power shifting and to get the different faction rewards. 

I think Mandalore raises a valid point (what am I saying, Tark will be so displeased with me!) in how many of the larger guilds here are chomping at the bit for the Dregs style of campaign, and the more I learn about it, I really can't blame them. I don't think there needs to be any sort of game controlled rewarding for faction loyalty. Such control is left in the hands of players. 

Crowfall is very team based, so it's important to find a group/guild that allows you to play without getting destroyed in PvP. With the factions being unbalanced players/guilds will naturally choose the largest faction because it gives them the best chance to survive and level up and get better loot. The reward system won't totally fix the problem, I don't think any ONE thing will, but it will give players a reason to choose factions besides the strongest. 

Edited by HeadDropCanNon

I think this is an interesting idea.

Long term I am not worried about faction balance. The sides have nothing inherent to them (as compared to e.g. Empire/Republic in swtor; Alliance/Horde in wow, the 3 factions in ESO, etc.) so the devs just needs to incentivize joining the underdog, and dis-incentivize joining the top dog. They basically have all the tools they need.

Big guilds playing Dregs instead of 3v3 should make this easier, not harder. All in all I am very positive lol. There's a lot of good ideas in this game!

I always wondered why Crowfall didn't make the gods and favor with them something like EvE has with earning rep with mission givers.  Choose a faction and it would take real work to change faction by doing deeds for another factions gods. 

I want to be able to see personal favor with a god, and each god gives a unique in game perk.  However you could never have more than 1 god's favor at a time; a threshoold where you are positive with them, but just not in favor with them.  Again work hard and you could change who you were in favor with.

However factions in and of themselves are not the big draw for the game, that would be guild play in the Dregs as Mandalore mentioned.

Edited by Teufel

On 2/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, Kreigon said:

3 factions never worked mid-longterm in games, we need more factions i think at least 7+ to get a better balance.

I think there was one ruleset in the KS that was exactly that. Factions today are chaos, Order and balance but there was one ruleset where its was gods against gods. I dont remember how many gods we have but it would be like a lot of small factions battling.

Not sure whether that ruleset will make it to launch even tho it is just a slightly modified fation play...

Plus I think we should have some sort of difference between factions. Might be the rewards OP raised or anything, It just doesnt make sense to factions to differ in name only. We need a bit of realm identity we see in RvR.