Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Uncle Bob via Mega Alliance?

speaking for me and my guild :

this week-end people from the US campagne come into the EU and it's hard for us :
they got more stuff, more training, some of them come on our side, and we can see that they are just better.

As we are speaking of campaign, they are king of boring outside the keep window, we got 2 main issues : 

- new people doesn't found it fun ( we got 5 new guys on our discord, and they all play only 1 day ) : they are killed near the keep or the fort when farming some first stuff.
- fighting to defend a fort is almost not an option on EU, we are just not enought and it's just too easy to run away to an other fort.

with currrent bugs like
- physics bugs like orbs that fall from the walls, tornado or druid ult that almost kill a full group with fall dommage
- skill shot that miss targets
- people cannot be unmount with dammage or stun.
- fort's wall dont block many people.
- we were not able to use our ballista

and with current design :
- no balancing between classes ( when a dommage dealer class deal less than a tank it's a balancing problem )
- the map that is not fair ( some faction got only r9  and some got all the r10 )
- fort are too easy to rebuild, when someone take it, 30 secondes latter they go elsewhere

Good point are :
- fight have less lag
- fight have more fps

Edited by Aedius

1 hour ago, Jah said:

Because its not actually about population numbers. The faction with the highest population is the one that is crying about losing.

People are whining because the winning faction is playing the game as intended.

Another disingenuous argument by Jah in a desperate attempt to save face. The "game" is about numbers and experience right now. This game is far from complete,  there are a lot of features missing that add nuance to the game that could possibly help you beat a stronger foe. Right now we brute force everything in this game. The largest cooperative force is going to have more "brute force" than the rest. 

You get too hung up on numbers because its the only objective fact you have on paper that supports your narrative. Begging JTC to confirm your number in his logs reeks of desperation. What you are doing is nothing different than someone going on TV and giving a set of statistics supporting their position while ignoring all the other evidence. Winterblades treats the player-base like we are a bunch of idiots, thinking we can't see right through your disingenuous "facts".  There is a word for what you are doing and its called "cherry picking".

Take a sample of player gear on each guild and faction and assign each quality color a number value. You are going to find out quickly that the balance faction on average has a higher score, and that score will increase even more when you break it down by guild in the favor of Winterblades, HoA, and Sugoi. I can point out statistical points in our favor all day long because statistics are used to lie. Not long ago on these very forums, Angelmar was speaking about Winterblades being stewards for server health. Can you honestly say the server is healthy right now? What was the most egregious change that tipped the balance (no pun intended)? Answer the questions objectively and the answer will be clear that you guys acted in your own interests over server health. I know you guys care about the game, but that doesn't preclude you from taking a misstep. 

When you speak internally you guys know you messed up and were a bit hasty in this move. Why keep doubling down in public and further smear your image? The damage its doing to you is not worth it for a pre-alpha game. 

Have an honest discussion Jah and stop trying to refute everything as part of your damage control. Answer the questions.

Edited by Tark

33 minutes ago, Jah said:

Because its not actually about population numbers. The faction with the highest population is the one that is crying about losing.

I don't disagree but we aren't playing "The Game," but rather a poor version of hopefully what is to come.

Deciding to give out launch rewards while still in what they call "Pre-Alpha" is silly IMO. There is so much missing and broken that should be fixed now if not by Alpha, Beta, and then Launch.

Stat/gear gaps that don't reflect the "super shallow power curve," bugged and broken things across the board, lacking NPE, lack of deeper scoring/rewarding, etc.

They released an update during the Trial that seemed to have broken as much if not more than fixed.

Should have at least did a full wipe prior to all this (characters/bank/training).

Playing with what is available and using every advantage to win is how things should be, but currently the "Game" is a mess and trying to pass it off as something more than it is while enticing players to game the system is a recipe for exactly what is happening.

What did they learn from this? People will stack whatever advantages to win. Really? Who would of known. What I learned from this post from ACE is they might not have the answer to make the game they envisioned and that I imagine many of us are looking for.

For future trials, I hope rewards are cosmetic only. Although I believe it should be more about rewarding people for testing/playing such a unfinished product instead of who is full on try harding months/years prior to launch.

As is, everyone can get the same reward, minus the cosmetic differences, so whatever. Still it highlights what is to come if ACE doesn't figure out how to make a game for a large audience. Unless they can keep the lights on with 1 campaign and 500 customers.

What we're seeing now (I think) is 2 guilds deciding a match due to low server populations overall.  With greater numbers on the servers in the future I think that effect will become diluted.  At least I hope.  I don't think there is really any help for stacking every geared guild on one server if that's what they want.  I'm looking further down the road when the player count is in the thousands, not a few hundred.  If at that point guilds want to be lame then they can all go be lame in their own campaign as there will be several to choose from.  All I'm saying is that a baseline 5v5 is all we can hope for and is easy enough to implement.

As for the current situation...

We get that a 5 on 5 of the Lakers vs a high school team is equally matched in numbers.  I don't think anyone is disputing that.  What people do seem to be disputing is the narrative that the Lakers in this situation are somehow locked in a heroic struggle.  I'm not angry, it's just lame and no fun for the majority.

Right now there is really only one campaign and it's being "ruined" so people are up in arms.  In the future smaller guilds and undergeared players will just go play elsewhere I would imagine.

10 minutes ago, Tark said:
1 hour ago, Jah said:

Because its not actually about population numbers.

You get too hung up on numbers because its the only objective fact you have on paper that supports your narrative.

As I said, its not about population numbers. Its about being better than you, and you crying about it and quitting.

If you had been honest, and said that we were beating you with better organization and preparation, we would not have disputed that.

Instead you pushed a false narrative about Balance outnumbering everyone. We refuted that lie.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

I think as a community we should work together to help the new players gets started even if they are an opposing faction. Say you see someone out in basics.intermediates and you know you well out gear them ( I know this is hard as we all are out for blood) but maybe leave these new players alone or help them out somehow. It will build the population even more.  Of course alts not withstanding here because names do get known pretty quickly if you are active. Just my thoughts on the matter. Unfortunately Sins are built just for this the ganking of new and un-experienced players but it is still alpha and we want people to get geared so we can have these epic fights on the battlefield.

Just now, Nueby said:

I think as a community we should work together to help the new players gets started even if they are an opposing faction. Say you see someone out in basics.intermediates and you know you well out gear them ( I know this is hard as we all are out for blood) but maybe leave these new players alone or help them out somehow. It will build the population even more.  Of course alts not withstanding here because names do get known pretty quickly if you are active. Just my thoughts on the matter. Unfortunately Sins are built just for this the ganking of new and un-experienced players but it is still alpha and we want people to get geared so we can have these epic fights on the battlefield.

I try not to kill them every time I see them, but sometimes they just go in panic mode and attack you and you can't do anything besides 3 shot them

18 minutes ago, Tark said:

gj8VRPd.png

Your guild repeatedly whined that we outnumbered you. I have shown that we did not, and that our faction didn't outnumber you either. I am confident that the server logs would refute your lies as well.

Disputing your lies about numbers does not contradict the fact that what you are actually whining about is getting outplayed.

IhhQKY6.gif

@Jah it is still amazing you just do not get it. Minus this campaign, the fighting has been more or less even. All three sides had a stock of decent players / guilds and it was competitive. Then it is announced there will be a "prize" for the win. Now you go and move heaven and earth to make sure to get as many as you can to the balance side. All because you wanted " that first campaign win ". There is no secret about this, it was said many times in your own team speak. The point most of us are talking about is not that you are " winning " but that you , the self proclaimed server health police, went out of your way to make sure that the health of the server was the last thing you gave a crap about. The curtain was pulled back and all your crap was revealed, now you have to do damage control. spin spin spin all you want, this was never about making the server health, it was about getting that first win and doing whatever to do it. Hey that's your play, play it, just do not have the audacity to think this is anything other than the need of a shinny by you. You have resorted to using cali-math, videos, ambiguous screen shots, " first time posters " coming to your side. But you get an atta boy jah... the pixel hugging gold border is alllll yours spanky.

Just now, Jah said:

Your guild repeatedly whined that we outnumbered you. I have shown that we did not, and that our faction didn't outnumber you either. I am confident that the server logs would refute your lies as well.

Disputing your lies about numbers does not contradict the fact that what you are actually whining about is getting outplayed.

Only new players are complaining about numbers because they dont exactly understand the issue at hand. You are attempting to deceive others that our beef is with numbers. W is trying to change what the outrage is about and failing miserably at it. You should have called the Russians to help you with that.

20 hours ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Between now and First Sanctioned, we’ll be spending a lot of time working through the rewards design to help offset this behavior – and once we have more players (and more campaigns running) that will certainly help, as well.  (Dregs will, too, because guilds are more willing to form alliances than they are to form “mega-guilds” as that requires giving up their guild identity.) 

How can I say this,..

I really don't care about you spending time on a new feature when a lot of older ones don't even work properly.

As I previously said in another post do thing step by step instead of making a castle of cards.

Just now, bear said:

I love this thread

PS Fix RANGErs see it says RANGE in their name stop trying to make me drop TRAPS that would be a TRAPper

We lost because rangers are gimp. Discuss

I understand where all the rage is coming from but I cant help but feel this stuff is necessary. If people didnt do all the extreme stuff possible in the testing phase and the issues that could arise from whatever systems are in place werent actually experienced, then very little honest effort could be given to find solutions. Everyone getting a badge, regardless of its color, is a nice way of "paying" players for testing everything theyve implemented thus far imo. 

If everyone tried to artificially prop things up for "the health of the server", it would be a disservice to the integrity of the testing phases. Thats my opinion anyway. Im here early to learn the games systems so im not miles behind the knowledge curve at launch. Anything else (badges) is a bonus. 

1 minute ago, DadliestWarrior said:

I understand where all the rage is coming from but I cant help but feel this stuff is necessary. If people didnt do all the extreme stuff possible in the testing phase and the issues that could arise from whatever systems are in place werent actually experienced, then very little honest effort could be given to find solutions. Everyone getting a badge, regardless of its color, is a nice way of "paying" players for testing everything theyve implemented thus far imo. 

If everyone tried to artificially prop things up for "the health of the server", it would be a disservice to the integrity of the testing phases. Thats my opinion anyway. Im here early to learn the games systems so im not miles behind the knowledge curve at launch. Anything else (badges) is a bonus. 

Thanks for the feedback Winterblades/HoA alt :)

30 minutes ago, Tark said:

Only new players are complaining about numbers because they dont exactly understand the issue at hand. You are attempting to deceive others that our beef is with numbers. W is trying to change what the outrage is about and failing miserably at it. You should have called the Russians to help you with that.

No, it was your guild that pushed the false narrative that Balance outnumbered everyone.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:52 AM, veeshan said:

battle field? you mean 60% of the server population vs 25% and 15% of the other 2 factions? its gonna be a very boring 2 weeks imo

On 2/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, Kwaussie said:

I cant see anything that says 63 Chaos....Unless of course you count 21 Chaos x 3....= They returned in Death Shroud twice (good on them).

Which would then mean 37 WB vs 21 Chaos

On 2/14/2019 at 1:12 AM, veeshan said:

They were attacking both keeps at once and outnumbered both other factions at the same time.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:08 AM, veeshan said:

Chaos pulled in there entire euro population for the seige and was still outnumbered by winterblade alone not to mention out geared

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif