Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Uncle Bob via Mega Alliance?

14 minutes ago, makkon said:

yep but not exactly.

you can play solo and ppl doing this, even veteran players (I would like to say mostly). usually it is gathering. it is just require a lot of time. not all can provide such amount of hours for pre alpha.

being in a strong guild gives you access to knowledge, new abuses, alot of game mechanics info and... access to craft anything you want. solo players/small scale groups does not get it. this makes a lot of difference to success playing.

now, alot of people complaining about zerg. but numbers is does matter only if they are quality (playerd together for a long time, coordinated, geared well, have knowledge etc). if quality guilds brings alot of players  - it is a technical zerg.

if teh zerg ally other teh zerg so there will close to zero chance for other players to get fun. this is called oneside (swamp)

what happened on america and partly on europe servers (well, eu chaos have a chance to win). what's why I does not understand complaining videos where blue+ gear ppl count opponent numbers.

crowfall is not a skill based counter strike.  devs wanna test real situation, they got it 😃

it is a best way they can stimulate and watch out before soft launch what is going wrong. all uncle bobs working hard. beautiful experiment

I meant solo not to say a person out harvesting solo but not in a guild, a person playing the game without a guild. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

7 hours ago, Teddybear said:

mr coleman. Yes HoA ran to winterblades tostack the deck and lied about it. 

no HoA just following Sugoi. we would have been lost with out you teddy.

what faction are you?

also, why did u switch factions?

On 2/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, Gradishar said:

JTC: 

As someone who remembers fondly those days of fighting Bone Dancer and the Burning Legion/R30s in Shadowbane Beta, I fully appreciate the reference. Back in those halcyon days, those who felt they were getting steamrolled didn't ask for early server resets or for the big dog to break apart. Quite the contrary.  We built Akalabethia aka "Alphabet City" and withstood the thundering horde and beat them at their own game. Steel sharpens steel. Those with the gumption to fight, do so. While there are certainly some in Crowfall who have taken their balls and fled for more European pastures, there are others willing to stand up and actually challenge the big dogs of the current Trials of Malekei. My hope is that you make no rash decisions concerning the existing life of this test. Give the players an opportunity to fight it out. While 7 groups of -W- did take the Chaos keep from 12 groups of Chaos...that doesn't necessarily mean that that will continue every night for the next two weeks (it was certainly dicey at the end). Order has certainly shown the tenacity worthy of those early Shadowbane days...and my hope is that Chaos will do the same. In any respect, I appreciate the insights with regard to your rewards incentives and look forward to meeting the challenge.

Its just snowflake way to nut cup as a mega alliance. "i care about my pixels" is what i imagined half of you said in your head.

we didn't leave because we were scared or didn't want to fight. we left to because you dont deserve fun after pulling this hogwash.

On 2/17/2019 at 12:18 PM, Jah said:

@jtoddcoleman There was no mega-alliance. You got fooled by the spin on the forums and a deliberate attempt to delegitimize the campaign.

The first siege of the NA campaign, which caused Chaos to quit competing, involved 37 Winterblades beating 60+ Chaos. We could not have brought a zerg if we wanted to, because with 60+ chaos in their zone, it was impossible to even bring matching numbers due to the zone cap. We had to fight alone, as a guild, outnumbered. Despite what some people said, it was a close fight. At the end it was a race between the defenders killing the last bane tree and the attackers killing the tree. The siege could have gone either way.

And then a vocal minority of Chaos players took to the forums to win the war there. They lied about Balance outnumbering everyone. They stopped trying to capture points because a run-away score supported their message. If they started capturing anything and closed the gap in the score, that would contradict their narrative. I am sad to see it worked.

Please watch the video of the siege that broke Chaos' will, and how the "big mega-alliance" that won it consisted of one guild fighting alone and outnumbered.

I do applaud your looking into implementing reward scarcity. Many of us have been suggesting that for years.

you had enough people to fight both keeps, correct? also on launch you had enough people to cap every single fort while both factions struggled against the numbers/gear in their own adventure zones. 

the keep siege was honestly fun and reasonably close.

but one thing i think they need to do is increase the health on the tree of life. it got melted insanely fast...

2 hours ago, VaMei said:

Agreed. Whatever point scheme the reward system is based on will be debated, hated, flamed, generally cried about & more effort will be put into gaming the point system than the reward is worth. No two players will be able to agree on a system that is fair in their eyes, and many won't want one that is actually fair, they'll want one they can game.

End of the day, we can either play or move on.

Point systems in a game like Crowfall don't make sense.  This isn't baseball or basketball, where the highest point wins after time has expired (at least it shouldn't be at it's core); it should be more like capture the flag, either I have the flag or I don't.  We need solid mechanics for territory ownership, with future maps being so volumous that no one alliance can own the whole map.  Faction warfare IS the problem.  I think that even within the 12 god ruleset, we would see better results.  The dregs breaks it apart even more where there are hundreds if not a thousand guilds that act as mini factions.  The small nature of 3 factions is creating problems with prizes during a pre-Alpha.

lUvvzPy.png

51 minutes ago, Khenjin said:

the keep siege was honestly fun and reasonably close.

I agree...it was. And the next night’s sieges could have been equally fun and close...had certain people not gotten butthurtt and took their balls and went home. Apparently it only took one siege to break the will of the server. GG.

Edited by Gradishar

The fact of the matter is, this game and it's developers have been, and obviously still are, fighting an up hill battle right now.   If you have backed this game financially, then I'm certain you want it to succeed, unless you've changed your mind entirely.  I believe, this community will dictate this games future moving forward, by their actions and their dedication.  We all are aware that this is still just a "pre-alpha".  We all know that we have had to be very patient, as this thing progresses, and many of us believe there is a time and place for everything. 

Obviously, many backers, like myself, feel that it is a bit early for segments of the (still active) community to start making drastic or perhaps game-breaking decisions right before an initial "trial campaign", that may simply cause this project to lose more traction.  Sure, guild politics and guild strategies definitely need to play out at some point!!!  But, why now, and to this degree?  We are not supposed to be testing; "How can the community break this game on the first trial campaign"?  We are supposed to be testing the latest in-game mechanics, giving the devs an abundance of good data to analyze, and bringing in new blood, if at all possible.  

In my opinion, for what it is worth, it is pretty early for any of us to honestly defend a deliberate faction unbalancing act, regardless of "numbers", just for the sake of a more certain victory in a trial / test campaign.  I believe most players that are upset right now, are not trying to deny the necessity of guild decisions and guild politics in this "Self Proclaimed Throne War"?  Most are simply saying; let us first just make a valid attempt at promoting some good test campaigns (with an abundance of valuable test data).  We, as individuals/guilds/alliances, can attempt to flat out "Dominate" the campaigns some time later (perhaps before or after Beta)!  From what I've witnessed, new player retention on this game was bad enough, as is, and now it's just getting worse (although I noticed some good ideas regarding new player retention above).  All things being said, THREE truly competitive Factions is likely our best testing scenario for right now. 

We, as a dedicated community, can give the devs the "help" that they are asking for!  We can help push this thing over the hill, without cutting our own legs out from under ourselves.   

5 minutes ago, Silkhe said:

In my opinion, for what it is worth, it is pretty early for any of us to honestly defend a deliberate faction unbalancing act, regardless of "numbers", just for the sake of a more certain victory in a trial / test campaign.  I believe most players that are upset right now, are not trying to deny the necessity of guild decisions and guild politics in this "Self Proclaimed Throne War"?  Most are simply saying; let us first just make a valid attempt at promoting some good test campaigns (with an abundance of valuable test data).  We, as individuals/guilds/alliances, can attempt to flat out "Dominate" the campaigns some time later (perhaps before or after Beta)!  From what I've witnessed, new player retention on this game was bad enough, as is, and now it's just getting worse (although I noticed some good ideas regarding new player retention above).  All things being said, THREE truly competitive Factions is likely our best testing scenario for right now. 

That would be fine if the amount of effort put into testing was evenly divided among the population.  Most of the better players, the more active players, the theorycrafters, the neck beards, the no lifers and Owl King Jah have congregated into a few larger guilds.  The larger guilds have done the lions share of points for months now and to be clear I don't mean they have gathered all of the points for these campaigns but they have definitely gathered the most consecutively for months.  If I have the option to play with like minded people who are as active, or more, than me why wouldn't I choose to play with them?  If the smaller guilds want to win they need to build their guilds to do so and join an alliance with like minded guilds on a faction, as the game is intended to be played. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

55 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

I agree...it was. And the next night’s sieges could have been equally fun and close...had certain people not gotten butthurtt and took their balls and went home. Apparently it only took one siege to break the will of the server. GG.

As a member of Order, still fighting each day, this comment strikes me as disingenuous, perhaps naïve, and pretty much "short-sighted".  The map after day one tells the real story of what was happening, and that is that "Balance" is not actual balance this go round, for ... um, reasons? 

Yo..

I'll add few logs into fires..or as "the end justifies the maens" says.. so (keep calm, n read..):

- Im playing CF few weeks (3weeks or so)
- someone can hate me in my position for now, but.. tests are tests.. can give same comments in this as well as i got it .. and after all, dont need to be only one in here..
- informations about game, if you dont dig hard thorugh pages/spreadsheets/youtube/wherever it is .. and back in time about game is very very exhausting and grueling! so..
- , so i found good guild where i could tryout how "different" this game can be in future of playing and for getting some answers about complexicity of curent stage.. and so on..
- ... here can be smiley! ...

Story of a beginner (me in mine position via nowdays EU Trial)

1. - world of last Campaign ended.. so Malekai's giveaway as new one Campaign will add some news and rewards for players!.. WOW! That can be worth .. but.. why im not sure how in Pre_alpha - exactly can be.. why..??

" (in my opinion any bonuses from Malekai's Crest, - or any advantage against other factions/players/guilds in this Pre-Alpha is simply useless if that doesnt want to try some sort of stat - balancing .. (/ or more: disadvantageous - to others - if you want to say it directly, - for newcomers coming after someone who was earlier in these testing phases or even me as new one now,but not forever, without clue/equip... blah blah ... in my opinion this should be implemented at Crow for now as some shiney ""cool look effect only as prewieved without any bonus (if some CAP for testing those is met..? dont know) " - can be good only in way for new testers/newcomers as - to pay atention how game continues with building comunity/how it continus/improving, etc etc.. and who is trying to help nowdays/through how time goes... but, ill let this be in this task...)"  

2. - what happened to me after that? well .. "I joined wrong faction" - meaned: all my guild mates is in other faction, than me.. sooo, how i can solve what i cant change till campaign ends (i was told) ?? - hum.. how this can be possible? what i should do so many days if i want to play? ...damn.. in off-topic and killable by my own guild members? does this to me any sense even in game im playing??.. hmhm.. duno.. can be..but mechanics of the game are not here for this - to do it transparently ? so why not..?? ..?? (will not say anything how fair i want to feel, that not deserves it now..)

" ( well , okay.. thats "only" game and im "only" tester" - so i can get some points to sun by trying stuff and from my position -  my guild was still first, which taken me out troubles with beggining in comunity here.. - so here I go with ideas as i can use this as it is created for now! )"

- so: SPYING in ACTIONS (down one more here..) - well its not good, not bad.., what it is? - if its possible - it should or could be marked or implemented with some very good idea if i still can join other faction in while being in same guild..   - thats first part of my question

- so: I CAN BE placeholder in ZONE - ..Sieges? "meh".. and i dont need to fight as same as i dont have anyone within, while i choose my side.. i'll help my guild.. im in zone, im not fighting - can be hard to understand, but TeamSpeak will solve my problem in few seconds and /who typo in zone also - im in map, someone cant.. - thats second part of my question

- so: and at best.. - I CAN FARM and learn technique (even dangerous way.. whatever..) for some solo pvp actions, not only be called for group fights which im missing a VERY now.. and why i wouldnt do this when Siege is running? well.. - thats last point of my situation in that question

3. - now you can see my side in shiney star when im "just" looking at it .. oh.. i didnt say my question.. but it there really any?? 

Thanks for read(ch)ing (the end).. hope will be with help.. aand with some "kind of advice" for what was behind my current self-questioning.. do not think wrong with me ;)  čus

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

That would be fine if the amount of effort put into testing was evenly divided among the population.  Most of the better players, the more active players, the theorycrafters, the neck beards, the no lifers and Owl King Jah have congregated into a few larger guilds.  The larger guilds have done the lions share of points for months now and to be clear I don't mean they have gathered all of the points for these campaigns but they have definitely gathered the most consecutively for months.  If I have the option to play with like minded people who are as active, or more, than me why wouldn't I choose to play with them?  If the smaller guilds want to win they need to build their guilds to do so and join an alliance with like minded guilds on a faction, as the game is intended to be played. 

I don't understand the constant bringing up of "workhorse" or "lion's share of work" for a faction. you either play the faction and capture and fight or you don't. the "share" of work is inconsequential to the actions. When you have a larger guild with more incoming materials then you will progress faster and further than a smaller guild. A smaller guild can progress but may have to skip the fun pvps at times and do things that it needs to "keep up," and that's ok. No one is faulting anyone for playing with like-minded people but they are making a joke on how when the first "reward" for a shiny gold star pops up that large guilds team up to achieve this "reward" that really means nothing. It is just funny and I for one appreciate it because it shows the true discrepancy in the mechanics of the faction based balancing. Plus, i prefer to play a more guerrilla style attacks but do enjoy the large fights every once in awhile. I would rather play my way than be forced to play someone else's version. I am fortunate that my guild(@uXa, @dolmar, @weaponsx, @Tark , @Remlap, @littleone, @KrakkenSmacken, @Shiner, @veeshanand all the others I missed) has very much the same mentality and we will continue to do so and will participate in the winning or losing of the battles for Chaos for the near future:) 

uDaTTsig_zpsdyyatdq1.png

1 minute ago, gracen said:

I am fortunate that my guild(@uXa, @dolmar, @weaponsx, @Tark , @Remlap, @littleone, @KrakkenSmacken, @Shiner, @veeshanand all the others I missed) has very much the same mentality and we will continue to do so and will participate in the winning or losing of the battles for Chaos for the near future:) Unless we lose the first siege of a campaign. Then we’ll give up and leave the server.

Fixed.

4 minutes ago, gracen said:

I don't understand the constant bringing up of "workhorse" or "lion's share of work" for a faction. you either play the faction and capture and fight or you don't. the "share" of work is inconsequential to the actions. When you have a larger guild with more incoming materials then you will progress faster and further than a smaller guild. A smaller guild can progress but may have to skip the fun pvps at times and do things that it needs to "keep up," and that's ok. No one is faulting anyone for playing with like-minded people but they are making a joke on how when the first "reward" for a shiny gold star pops up that large guilds team up to achieve this "reward" that really means nothing. It is just funny and I for one appreciate it because it shows the true discrepancy in the mechanics of the faction based balancing. Plus, i prefer to play a more guerrilla style attacks but do enjoy the large fights every once in awhile. I would rather play my way than be forced to play someone else's version. I am fortunate that my guild(@uXa, @dolmar, @weaponsx, @Tark , @Remlap, @littleone, @KrakkenSmacken, @Shiner, @veeshanand all the others I missed) has very much the same mentality and we will continue to do so and will participate in the winning or losing of the battles for Chaos for the near future:) 

That's it  I'm making my Bear Clan and coming for you....

Edited by bear

2 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

Fixed.

Remember all those times you had to log off because your guild leader was afraid of losing and someone was going to make a video of it? Pepperidge farm remembers.

7 minutes ago, gracen said:

Does your guild identify as guild first, faction second? 

wiDfyPp.png