Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Khenjin

Some Changes I suggest

3 hours ago, Khenjin said:

Another thing I would like to add

Class Balancing - 

I honestly don't know the name of the class/subclass but its a paladin subclass i believe, uses a 2 handed sword and has the aoe ground heal/damage circle.

anyway it has this ability where he holds his sword infront of him in a parry stance and it shines, if you attack him he can cast it again or maybe its automatic, i dont know, to knock down in a cone shape attack. this is all well and good except for the fact he can simply spam it... I have fought this person on multiple occasions and every time that is the only ability he uses while fighting not only me but the zombies too. I mean why wouldn't you? you take less damage, you cause damage, you knock the person down and you can spam the living poorly made socks out of it.

I may be missing something here but it just seems stupidly strong in 1v1. I'm not sure how it goes against spell casters, but again having the security that 2/3's of the population can't gank or fight you...

They all have divine light.  Stay out of the circle. Parry is pip based so once their out they cant counter attack but if you're standing in divine light you're refilling said pips. Range has no problem against a templar since its very difficult for them to stay in melee against those classes.  I would just chalk this up to lack of knowledge on how to fight a Templar more than anything.

If you had read it properly I said it was a paladin because he had divine light...

even out of the circle they can spam it since they hit you while your down and parry when you're back up.

just because ranged works against them doesn't mean its not something that's an issue. if you had read my thing instead of coming on here to try flame me and or insult me then you would have seen I said "but again having the security that 2/3's of the population can't gank or fight you...".

so no, it's not about not know how to fight them, its the fact he can just parry when ever i come up and try attack.

Edited by Pann
See PM

so I just saw some of the patch notes for 5.8.4...

I'm not very impressed.

you slowed mount movement speed which I don't think anyone was really asking for... the extra cast time of .5s is completely negligible and does not fix a thing with the current issues of mounting up.

the casting of mounts needs to be able to be interrupted without hard cc and the cast time needs to be atleast 3.5 seconds in my opinion. 

It should not be a im losing the fight so imma leave style thing....

as for the fall damage, basically all you did was apply a band-aid to the issue people were complaining about...

taking 40% of your life from 1 attack is still stupidly over powered... basically all you did was allow people to jump into the mine pits without dieing...

also please change it so the siege broken or siege lost window is not a window but just a brief notification....

half the time people are still fighting when it happens and is extremely annoying.

Crafting - 

The hands for crafting vessels seems to have a useless version. 

the "Maestro's Hand" seems useless from what I have heard. I have a trusted friend who says he tested a vessel that had them used and the bonus seems to only affect basic stuff that you craft like it says "basic crafting experimentation".

I would love that to affect all crafting so making a "crafting" vessel is an actual thing.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, Khenjin said:

If you had read it properly I said it was a paladin because he had divine light...

even out of the circle they can spam it since they hit you while your down and parry when you're back up.

just because ranged works against them doesn't mean its not something that's an issue. if you had read my thing instead of coming on here to try flame me and or insult me then you would have seen I said "but again having the security that 2/3's of the population can't gank or fight you...".

so no, it's not about not know how to fight them, its the fact he can just parry when ever i come up and try attack.

1. The class is Templar, the spec is Paladin. Hence the comment that all of them [Templars] have Divine Light.

2. Templar only naturally Regen 1 pip. The other 4 must be generated with attacks. If they are attacking something, don't be stupid and attack them Templar. They will not only have pips, but the presence of the mob will ensure that Divine Light has an enemy in it to keep generating pips. That's the only way Righteous Fury is spammable. Otherwise it's a quick way to be without pips. 

3. Don't you play an Assassin? Templar won't see you coming. Funny an Assassin would think Templars have balancing issues that need be addressed 😂

you think assassins need balancing? thats funny.

1. sorry i got the names mixed up. I assume it wouldn't be hard to know what i meant anyway...

2. if u had read my point it was the simple fact that once they get enough pips to parry and knock you down they can just spam repeat it because while you're retaliating they generate enough pips from hitting you to just parry once you're able to attack again...

3. just because they can't see me coming doesn't mean I can 100 to 0 them before they realize what is going on...

also I don't main an assassin, if you had read your stuff you would of known that. also i'm not saying templar is an over powered class in the slightest, im saying this one ability makes them very strong in this particular situation.

Edited by Khenjin

On 2/18/2019 at 7:44 PM, Dinte said:

If i could add one thing on this for now.
I would like to be able to sell parcels i have made to other players. not the ones given to me through payment. but the ones i have crafted. They cannot be sold and what is the point if they can't be sold or traded.

Agreed.

21 hours ago, Khenjin said:

so I just saw some of the patch notes for 5.8.4...

I'm not very impressed.

you slowed mount movement speed which I don't think anyone was really asking for... the extra cast time of .5s is completely negligible and does not fix a thing with the current issues of mounting up.

the casting of mounts needs to be able to be interrupted without hard cc and the cast time needs to be atleast 3.5 seconds in my opinion. 

It should not be a im losing the fight so imma leave style thing....

as for the fall damage, basically all you did was apply a band-aid to the issue people were complaining about...

taking 40% of your life from 1 attack is still stupidly over powered... basically all you did was allow people to jump into the mine pits without dieing...

As a crafter/gatherer, I don't want to wait longer to cast for a mount, that's ridiculous. However, I do agree that you should be able to use CC.

10 minutes ago, Gaiawyn said:

As a crafter/gatherer, I don't want to wait longer to cast for a mount, that's ridiculous. However, I do agree that you should be able to use CC.

you got to think about the pvp balancing though.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:39 AM, Khenjin said:

Another thing I want to add into the Resources part is -

Resources -

I feel something needs to change with the seasons aswell. Being completely unable to farm any resources with efficiency after summer kind of kills the player base I feel like. It makes the world lose life because people aren't out gathering as much or out trying to kill gatherers, etc.

also makes half the campaign unable to be harvested because of it which means for half the campaign all you can do is hope a fight happens outside of siege windows.

with the current capturing system its hard to force or know where a fight will happen.

So I don't know what can be changed... maybe make the plentiful resource nodes in the passive skill tree available earlier so people can spec into them early if they want to be able to keep farming.

This is a self adjusting problem with longer campaigns IMO

In a 3 month campaign that's roughly 22 days of spring and another 22 days of summer

Anyone who still needs to harvest after a month and a half of 5 pip yields for even the untrained for nothing but a few kebabs and pots is either seriously inactive, or seriously needs to alter their playstyle to stop dying so much.

It feels compressed and annoying now because... it is. The "good harvesting" seasons don't last long enough for any but the most die hard organizations to sufficiently fill their pockets, banks, and gear slots with enough to sustain themselves through the "total war" seasons.

I think it also may be prudent to "phase in" objectives over seasons to allow everyone to settle in on faction servers to more closely mirror the intended play loop we're supposed to find on dregs servers where there's a harvesting component to forts and keeps. This will allow players to establish a sense of ownership and territory in the early months, and enforce a sense of faction ownership over forts, keeps, and outposts. By having unfettered access for long periods players are far more likely to fill those banks with loot, and as such be far more likely to want to defend those locations.

For this to truly have the intended effect we need to change the function of the withdrawl chest in the temple. In stead of withdrawing items from it to inventory, these items should only be able to withdraw to the spirit bank, using the same withdrawl limitations (exports or however its tracked in the final system) as choosing to do so from a designated drop point. This means simply withdrawing from a captured fort or keep can actually be a case of wasted efficiency, and players are encouraged to retake the bank more than simply evacuate it.

Something like:

Spring: Nothing vulnerable, outpost guards r10 - Skirmishing - PvP consists of resource ganking and control.

Summer: Outposts vulnerable, outpost guards R8 - Incursion - Equipped PvP squads begin fighting over outposts.

Fall: Outposts vulnerable, Forts Vulnerable with daily window, outpost guards R5 - Major Offensive - Major deployments begin vying for control of forts

Winter: Keeps vulerable daily, forts and outposts vulnerable permanently, outpost guards R3 - Total War - Take everything. Leave them nothing.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

This is a self adjusting problem with longer campaigns IMO

In a 3 month campaign that's roughly 22 days of spring and another 22 days of summer

Anyone who still needs to harvest after a month and a half of 5 pip yields for even the untrained for nothing but a few kebabs and pots is either seriously inactive, or seriously needs to alter their playstyle to stop dying so much.

It feels compressed and annoying now because... it is. The "good harvesting" seasons don't last long enough for any but the most die hard organizations to sufficiently fill their pockets, banks, and gear slots with enough to sustain themselves through the "total war" seasons.

the problem I see with that system is it will get extremely boring during fall and winter.

I understand it's meant to be about pvp and stuff but what about inbetween those fights or during downtime?

45 minutes ago, Khenjin said:

I understand it's meant to be about pvp and stuff but what about inbetween those fights or during downtime?

Farming humanoid mobs for rare disciplines.

Farming animal mobs for rare crafting materials.

Fighting off other players trying to get those rare things before you.

Fending off players from trying to steal the rare stuff you've been farming.

Hitting Hunger crystals for shards.

Exploring far reaches of the campaign map looking for places to farm rare stuff off the beaten path. 

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

2 hours ago, moneda said:

Farming humanoid mobs for rare disciplines.

Farming animal mobs for rare crafting materials.

Fighting off other players trying to get those rare things before you.

Fending off players from trying to steal the rare stuff you've been farming.

Hitting Hunger crystals for shards.

Exploring far reaches of the campaign map looking for places to farm rare stuff off the beaten path. 

ok

what do you mean? cause gathering on them will be crap

thats basically the same activity as the one above just different situation.

exact same situation as the one above it.

for a month?

no reason to explore unless they implement something like I suggested.

Edited by Khenjin
cant swear. it might offend someone....

I can't suggest enough how bad the "Artisan crafting" minor is.

it has been received badly by my entire guild, all my non-guilded mates and also every other person I have spoken to.

what was the reason for changing it? why would you make it take a slot when you need those slots to craft properly? why make us go through more clicking when crafting is already a crazy amount of clicks without factories?

3 minutes ago, Khenjin said:

I can't suggest enough how bad the "Artisan crafting" minor is.

it has been received badly by my entire guild, all my non-guilded mates and also every other person I have spoken to.

what was the reason for changing it? why would you make it take a slot when you need those slots to craft properly? why make us go through more clicking when crafting is already a crazy amount of clicks without factories?

It was never intended that you would need that minor rune if you have the appropriate major rune for your profession. It is a bug. It will be fixed in the next patch.

IhhQKY6.gif

Capping (campfires and towers)

As somebody who is capping a lot in the current trial, I have to say that the concept/idea behind it should be overlooked. Capping and recapping is at the moment done without any resistance from players - its basically just a trade. Most of the time campfires and towers are just captured to a minimum so that the next one does not even need to kill the NPCs but only waits a few seconds till the thing is neutral again, then moves away comes back and waits while doing something else (browsing the internet, cleaning my room, or whatever).

I feel that campfires and towers really need some strategical meaning which goes beyond capture points, so that the owning faction really wants to keep them all the time. Whenever a campfire/tower is in danger, people should want to go there to keep it - at the moment, its rather a good thing when the other faction takes something, because then I can cap it back for indiviudal points.
Are there already plans to do something about this?

there was this one game which shut down but still has a very populated private server called "Warhammer: Age of Reckoning" (i think the original was warhammer online or something). Anyway it had what I felt like was a very good system for capturing the pvp points in that game, they really only had castles (not anything small like outposts in crowfall) and simply for attacking successfully (as in you win and take control of the castle) you would get a reward of basically crafting materials and experience. However the same went for defending (if you successfully pushed off the attackers after they had hit the door of the castle), also the amount of stuff each individual got was determined in 3 parts, who tanked the most damage, who did the most damage and who healed the most. depending how high you were in a column would determine how big the reward was.

I feel adding say a "boss" mob to the forts would make this a possible solution to the whole not really seeing a need to defend the fort because we can just capture it back later.

then adding in loot tables for the boss depending on how much "work" you did when attacking and also adding in a reward system for how much "work" you did while defending would make it even better. However only the winning side gets rewards.

I also think maybe the doors of the forts should be the only thing that can be destroyed by melee and have significantly more health and give a warning when it starts to get hit by more than 1-2 people. The walls should only be able to be damaged by siege engines and should possibly break 2-3 walls instead of just the one. this would make it useful to use siege engines instead so you can swarm the place instead of being able to be bottlenecked at the door.

Another thing I think should be implemented if this gets implemented is that the amount of people included in the siege total increases the rewards given at the end.

I'm not saying make this the way to go instead of gathering but I think it should be enough for people to earn enough materials over time to make a suit of armour or a weapon so that people who really really really hate gathering have another way to earn their equipment.

Short version:

add boss mob to forts, give rewards (like crafting mats or somethiing) depending on how high you ranked in 1 of 3 things - dmg, dmg taken, healing, make it so you can only destroy doors with melee and walls by siege engines, more people included in the "siege" increases rewards, increased health on doors and walls (not significant) and a warning as soon as the walls are hit by siege engines or the door by more than 1 person.