Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please No System Message For Entering A City

"WonderBread has entered your territory of Whitewood"

"WonderBread has entered your fort in the Calmlands"

This would ruin so much for me. The only system for this should be other players spotting you, not a godly voice in a system chat log (that gets macro'd and botted to your VOIP) that tells you who, what, when, and where a person is "within" your territory etc.

Those who come from where I do, will know what I mean. This kind of system message ruins a lot of city raiding, small scale pvp, siege tactics etc.

Edited by WonderBread

"WonderBread has entered your territory of Whitewood"

"WonderBread has entered your fort in the Calmlands"

This would ruin so much for me. The only system for this should be other players spotting you, not a godly voice in a system chat log (that gets macro'd and botted to your VOIP) that tells you who, what, when, and where a person is "within" your territory etc.

Those who come from where I do, will know what I mean. This kind of system message ruins a lot of city raiding, small scale pvp, siege tactics etc.

V. Good point, not having a godly commentator would actually reward methods of breaing into castles, other than brute force

Edited by Dredja

Edgy

I think if you added in guard towers/watch towers then some sort of warning could be appropriate.  But only if detected entering.  I picture old school police spot lights that patrol the outside of jails.  You step into one of those spot lights some sort of warning goes off.  But definitely no god-like system message.

Also, bread.  (Am I doing it right?)

[@--(o.O)@]

I think a beam of light should shine down from the sky upon any player who is in a city they don't have the right to be in. It would make the game more skillful.  :rolleyes:

If they'd bake a feature like that into the game, it would leave many players with a sourdough feeling in their stomachs.

Officer of The BlackHand Order