• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BabaJownz

You can do better !

@jtoddcoleman

Hey there ,

first of all i want to say thank you for the good Team setup :D so many Names of awesome Games . I hope for a awesome Game in Future :)

A little Story to think about:

I was like ..oh wow ..old Bones from SWG and UO ..this will be the next awesome Game .

I read a lot of stuff about passiv skills and was thinking ..ok it can be nice ( you know SWG skill System was more than Unique) lets try it out .

And than ... wtf it is like 99% of all games ..choose 1 of 3 directions ..really ? You can do better!

so lets start that Game ..give it a try .. lets PvP a bit .. to get lvl isnt that hard .. starter zone a few questions later arround lvl 10 i find myself "FARMING" stuff arround the Temple .. ok no problem i need Gear .. so Intermediate Gear ready ..playtime arround 2 hours .. lets go PvP .. 

Hard to find someone .. after i finally found a Red guess what ..i died in seconds .. i thought ..ye i lvl 10 .lets go get lvl 30 .. after asking ppl i end up at R10 Zombis ( it was pretty nice and fast lvl ..also good Gold ) but got killed a few times (a few Hours at the Weekend) i finally lvl30 :D

Ok lets go PvP ..again long Time seeking and again dead .. ok what is the problem ... ppl tell me "FARM MATS" to get Advanced Gear .. and my Fun died ..

I farmed that stuff and got my Advanced Gear .. oh well .. lets PvP and get Fun .. i dont have to say what happend next .. Dead in a few more seconds lol .. ok i speak with some ppl ..we trained a bit and what was the End .. you doing good .. get better Gear .. 

REALLY? FARM AGAIN ? Throne FARM Simulator ? You can do better!

End of Story ...

I know , it is Pre Alpha and Skills running since Month, ppl have High Skill and me and every other Noob not ...i also know  you need ppl to Test Stuff but how you want to Manage pull them here ? This Game is 99% Farming , it feels like a Asia MMO ..Farm your Ass 

i thought ok ..ppl have High Skill buy stuff .. i just found Shops with farming Tools and a KDS Shop with white Gear with Bonus stats that make me lol Hard ..shame on this ! No good Eco to this Point . As starter you feel lost .. 

Bringing Rewards in that Early Stage where Noobs are nothing  and there are Mega Alliances and like EU Alliances Forced Balance to be a Dead Faction to have a little Chance ... really ? You can do better! 

Close Live .. let ppl TEST what have to be Tested ..Rewards kill this .. i am Order on EU and i lost Fun (mostly of Farming my Ass of ) how Chaos feels ? Awesome Team and a Game that has a UBA LOT of POTENTIAL .. use it plz ! YOU CAN DO BETTER!

Thank you for the look inside the Game , as i said Awesome Team and high Potential Game . 

My Friends and myself say goodbye for the Moment but will have a Eye the Balance Problem . Every Game has that problem ,but you are special Guys and i  know you find a solution ..because.. You can do better! 

"You can do better!" is not particularly constructive feedback. What exactly should they be doing differently that they aren't doing now? 

Your story seems to suggest you expect to be able to jump into *and reasonably compete to win* PVP combat while playing solo and without investing really much or any time into your character's progression. Those aren't reasonable expectations, I would say. Crowfall is not an FPS or MOBA that you can just queue up a match and engage in some quick and dirty PVP fights. It's meant to be a long-term, campaign-driven combat between organized groups (guilds, alliances, factions, etc.)

Any decent group of players have a plethora of white ressources once you know a bit more about the game, and maxxed white gear is just as good as many green and some blues.

You shouldn't have a problem getting white advanced gear as long as you are willing to farm an hour or two.

Go back to the zombies and farm a few thousands gold, then buy white ressources from the vendor. Get those in the hand of a friendly crafter and you should get something decent for a taste of the PvP.

Edited by Gaulwa

58 minutes ago, Gaulwa said:

Any decent group of players have a plethora of white ressources once you know a bit more about the game, and maxxed white gear is just as good as many green and some blues.

You shouldn't have a problem getting white advanced gear as long as you are willing to farm an hour or two.

Go back to the zombies and farm a few thousands gold, then buy white ressources from the vendor. Get those in the hand of a friendly crafter and you should get something decent for a taste of the PvP.

green is kinda base line white is half the str of a green set but after green its minor increases. 
If you harvest R7 ore ull get enough green real quick.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

34 minutes ago, veeshan said:

green is kinda base line white is half the str of a green set but after green its minor increases. 
If you harvest R7 ore ull get enough green real quick.

Right now when everyone have a few months worth of skills, yeah, green is probably base line for organised groups.

But I still test builds and characters with white stuff.

Edited by Gaulwa

17 hours ago, Gaulwa said:

Right now when everyone have a few months worth of skills, yeah, green is probably base line for organised groups.

But I still test builds and characters with white stuff.

Mostly blues with a smattering of greens thrown in for armors and jewels.  Most weapons, not all, are purple.  That’s where we are at. It’s a huge advantage.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I understand ;) SWG is still the best Crafting , Gather , Housing and Skill System .. No other Game hit nearly this Unique Style . All Hail SWGEmu ;) 

The Point is ...

It is pretty hard to catch up for new Player ... just make a new Acc and start over ..equip -> skills .. all this make it feels like Hard Mode ..

my solution(not for Pre Alpha but maybee for Release) would be :

1. New Player Campaign(short ones like 1Month) : Only ppl with a low Passiv Skill lvl , Res limited to R5 maybee and as Reward for example a unkown Amount Passiv Skill Points

2. Some Kind of Training : A Maxed Gatherer could Train a New Player so the Points he need on Passiv will be Reduced or he get a Buff that there will be more Points for Passiv .

3. Some Kind of Knowledge Tombs : Crafted by Woodworker and Runemaker (added Stuff : put  legendary Ore in to make a Tomb that give  Passiv Mining point , put in crafted Legendary Weapon for Blacksmith points ) started with uncommon for a very little bonus up to legendary for pretty nice bonus .

Edit : Oh i forget ;)

Skill System choose 1 of 3 Ways feels really like every other .. 

Maybee there should be like 3-5 basics that everybody learn and than take Disci like Adjukator (what have 2 base skills ..let us say that stun and AOE) and skill  points into this Disci to choose what kind of passiv dmg/crit/stealth and what kind of other skills (maybee a table of 20 diffrent skills for melee/range/heal) 

Edited by Roccah
Added Housing to SWG Line lol

16 hours ago, mandalore said:

Mostly blues with a smattering of greens thrown in for armors and jewels.  Most weapons, not all, are purple.  That’s where we are at. It’s a huge advantage.  

I am jealous. I am still using green weapons and a mix of white/green armor. I have neither vessels nor jewels and blue stuff seems so far away...

I use three rings.  Rings have personal healing mod, a stat that inscreases any heals cast on me.  It’s a huge stat. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I just saw 2 toons take on 5 others from another faction, I don't know the 2s levels but I assume max, the 5 i know were max.

The 5 were wearing armor and weapons, so not naked, i assume commons though. So... the 2 proceeded to wipe out the 5 without even dropping below 90% health, to me this is too much, even if they were in epic gear with epic vessels this should not happen.

Hey i'm fine with them winning based on skill and better gear, but they should have at least lost some health from this. Barely loosing a sliver of health when outnumbered 2.5 to 1 is not a skill fight, that is purely gear based and that is Way too potent!

On 2/22/2019 at 10:17 PM, mandalore said:

It really is. Which makes me wonder about any of your responses where your side mentions #'s. It means nothing really unless both sides have close to equal gear. And the grind will be pretty severe. I'm mostly worried about catch up mechanics which they will have to address.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, Luthare said:

It really is. Which makes me wonder about any of your responses where your side mentions #'s. It means nothing really unless both sides have close to equal gear. And the grind will be pretty severe. I'm mostly worried about catch up mechanics which they will have to address.

Jumped into the game finally 2 days ago eager to do some testing of everything. Currently the only testing I ever got to do was how many spiders I could kill during a certain time span in order to earn gold.

Took almost 2 days to kill 12 thousand (!) spiders... Which yielded a hefty sum of gold. Finally, I thought: - "I paid my dues to the grind and now I can go have fun!" Nope! Appears the gold isn't worth a damn: a myriad of failed attempts at crafting, along with enormous amounts of dust to re-roll stats made sure I ran out of both before I even got 1 green set of leather gloves for my Assassin. At the end, I just crafted me a white set keeping the gloves. A++ 10/10 luck there, it seems.

Now, I'm an extreme case due to having 2 sick days and playing for 10+ hours every of these days just killing spiders non-stop... Will anyone in their right mind re-roll their hard-earned white gear after such a miserable failure? I sure won't. Ever again.

So, GG's all around; you guys have fun PVPing as it seems I won't be in the same boat until at least Beta. So much for testing.

Edited by zhekaren

10 minutes ago, zhekaren said:

Jumped into the game finally 2 days ago eager to do some testing of everything. Currently the only testing I ever got to do was how many spiders I could kill during a certain time span in order to earn gold.

Took almost 2 days to kill 12 thousand (!) spiders... Which yielded a hefty sum of gold. Finally, I thought: - "I paid my dues to the grind and now I can go have fun!" Nope! Appears the gold isn't worth a damn: a myriad of failed attempts at crafting, along with enormous amounts of dust to re-roll stats made sure I ran out of both before I even got 1 green set of leather gloves for my Assassin. At the end, I just crafted me a white set keeping the gloves. A++ 10/10 luck there, it seems.

Now, I'm an extreme case due to having 2 sick days and playing for 10+ hours every of these days just killing spiders non-stop... Will anyone in their right mind re-roll their hard-earned white gear after such a miserable failure? I sure won't. Ever again.

So, GG's all around; you guys have fun PVPing as it seems I won't be in the same boat until at least Beta. So much for testing.

You shouldn't craft without the proper vessel, gear, runes and skills. Being a crafter is a full time job.

I feel for you, it's really hard for a beginner to get even a decent set of advanced white gear (which is really the minimum to do anything).
The best advice I can give you is to harvest tons of dust during spring, and trade that dust with a crafter for decent gear. (Or join a Guild.)

3 hours ago, Gaulwa said:

You shouldn't craft without the proper vessel, gear, runes and skills. Being a crafter is a full time job.

I feel for you, it's really hard for a beginner to get even a decent set of advanced white gear (which is really the minimum to do anything).
The best advice I can give you is to harvest tons of dust during spring, and trade that dust with a crafter for decent gear. (Or join a Guild.)

How much is the price per 1 dust roughly these days?

EDIT: I wanted to say that I honestly don't mind the grind and hardship of getting "the good stuff" when it's introduced at the actual game launch, since everything will persist. I believe this system will only add to the game's appeal, not take away from it, but not in pre-alpha stage. We shouldn't have to grind so hard just to try (and not die the first second of) PVP while testing the said PVP. My 2 cents.

Edited by zhekaren

6 hours ago, zhekaren said:

We shouldn't have to grind so hard just to try (and not die the first second of) PVP while testing the said PVP. My 2 cents.

I agree. There's currently a snowball effect between player's skill, organization, gear, group numbers and campaign victory.
the more you win, the better the chances to win the next one. This is a problem in my opinion.

I believe that at least, getting top gear should be accessible to most people to reduce some of the snowball effect and let everyone believe they have a chance.

Losing because you could have played better is fine.
Losing because you never had a chance to begin with and you will never have a chance unless you save your ressources for 6 month, then invest everything for a week to maybe get a chance.... is terrible.

this CW is much better resource wise. Plenty of places to farm not related to the keep. If crafting is an issue EKs provide a place you can craft especially with how many imports/exports there are.

5 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

this CW is much better resource wise. Plenty of places to farm not related to the keep. If crafting is an issue EKs provide a place you can craft especially with how many imports/exports there are.

If you don't have crafting stations in your EK, go to one of the public trader's EK. Aerynth Traders has crafting stations open to anyone that wants to use them. I assume Srathor's Lawn is the same.