Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tdoggyfizzle

Stealth speed changes

Not going to make a huge post, since I'm sure it's already well known. I would like to suggest adding another discipline, probably major that increases stealth speed. Fae has a MAJOR  advantage, and their racial already puts them at max stealth speed. Allowing assassins to go another race would be refreshing, not to mention what it would do for brigand or duelist

Treat it like other "off-race" buffs and put it on a major. Making people take illusionist for camo if they're not a wood elf or Arcane archer for OOC move speed if they're a slow race is fine and balanced.

Putting +stealth move speed on, say, Agent Provocateur or something would be balanced just fine. Play fae and get the speed without a major, or play another race and take a major for it if you want it.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

As I told the OP yesterday when he was talking about posting it, I personally don't think anything should be taken away from anyone. A.K.A. nerfing any of the Fae aspects is less than desirable, the other races that can go assassin just need their own flavor and maybe a bump here and there. 

15 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Putting +stealth move speed on, say, Agent Provocateur or something would be balanced just fine. Play fae and get the speed without a major, or play another race and take a major for it if you want it.

Maybe a different rune?  That rune has so much stacked on it already. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Samulus said:

As I told the OP yesterday when he was talking about posting it, I personally don't think anything should be taken away from anyone. A.K.A. nerfing any of the Fae aspects is less than desirable, the other races that can go assassin just need their own flavor and maybe a bump here and there. 

Stealth speed and gliding is more than just "flavor".

24 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

... And faeri fire.

Edited by VaMei

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Maybe a different rune?  That rune has so much stacked on it already. 

Good point. Though stealth speed seems too significant to me a one off ability on a minor imo. Would need to be some kind of scout focused noncombat stealth rune maybe so you got 4 skills:

Stealth speed passive

Stealth tray perception skill (self only)

Dot auto-cleanse when entering stealth passive with 2 minute icd

Group camo ult replacement, adds 30s stealth on group, stealth breaks on movement. Like camo but without being a channel you move you lose it. Powerful group utility but you have to sacrifice your ult for it.

So you have this disc that's basically all about scouting and enabling ambushes which doesn't give you personally any ambush tools.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

5 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

I mean, I agree with you. When I said that, I meant that I thought it would be better to bring other races' passives/mechanics in line with the Fae, because the Fae race is obviously popular for the unique things it brings to the table. Nerfing it down to be in line with other races would be the lazy approach to dealing with it's obvious "best in slot" standing for the Assassin class, and it would probably annoy people that play them for the things they bring (as opposed to people who play them for min-maxing reasons). Basically, ACE did the Fae race correctly, doing something like taking away the ability to glide would be a waste of a good thing. 

I don't play a Fae, I'm not defending them out of my own interest or anything lol. I honestly am annoyed by the "lil' angel bro/gurl" feel, but the people that like them dig them. 

Edited by Samulus
spelling

They did Fae "correctly" because a while back Fae and Assassin were going to be one and the same. I'm not sure if you were around before the Race/Class split, but prior to that there were not multiple race choices for every class. Before that Assassin was just going to be Fae.

Well, now that Fae is an option, but got the best set of racials for ganking people in the best spots to gank people (valleys which gliding helps tremendously in) and they have the fastest stealth movement speed which helps with setting up openers, it makes no sense to play as any other race for Assassin.

36 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Assassin was just going to be Fae.

Thanks for the light bulb on that one. With that in mind, duh, of course Fae is the best, those other races were not designed to be assassins.

Duelist always had access to stealth, but tunnel often fails to get on top or through walls as it should, stealth speed is very slow (especially in a world full of mounts), and has a long 30s cooldown.

I would love to see the tunnel cooldown replaced by a stamina cost for quick bursts of speed if you need it and spec for it, with the downside of not being able to run anymore or escape CC if you burn your stamina.

I would also love to see tunnel available in the exploration tray or the combat tray to be used defensively as a blink or offensively to dash into the fray, impale a target and jump out.

With a stamina cost, a well time CC would easily counter abuses as Guineceans have a low stamina max already.

You could also make it available to every Guineceans. This would add some flavor on top of that weak stealth for Knights and Clerics.