Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tooltip

Balance: 2.5mill | Order & Chaos: 500k

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

We have the best gear, sometimes by multiple tiers, because we farm the most. 

We have the best vessels because we farm the most. 

bigger larger than most guilds and its hard, if not impossible to defeat. 

The people winning are willing to put in the time required to win and the others aren't. 

Uncle Bob is that you? 🏳️

This is why popular competitive games have ranks and matchmaking.

Putting a wide variety of players on the same field just shows the huge difference between some. To me it will cause more harm then good if the top few percent will be able to relatively easily roll those at the bottom (much like real life). Unlike real life, people can just go play something else.

My hope is they figure it out before it's too late.

Would be interesting to have a gear/vessel quality cap per campaign rules. To allow players to gradually move up the "super shallow power curve" vertical climb. Along with other (done before) mechanics to help balance out factions.

Dregs hopefully pull those at the top away from factions and give ACE room to make them a bit more "fair" not that they every will be.

It's the winners fault for playing the game as intended. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

43 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Well thats the difference in players.  The people winning are willing to put in the time required to win and the others aren't. 

Well, only in the most trivial of senses.

Willing assumes you have the *free* time devout to this goal. Sure, people could quit their jobs and sacrifice friendships and so on to play the game. It can be interpreted as willing, but that's not any metric to go by.

I might be as willing as anyone to invest time, but I just don't have it. Or not enough other people who I want to play with / want to play with me. In these cases the game still needs to work, be playable, and fun.

This is a well known issue and millions of dollars have been spent trying to correct for "no-lifers" / people who have significantly more time and better social frameworks with which to play.

You also point out that the winning guilds are playing the way it's meant to be played, you're right, and what we're seeing is that the way it's Meant to be played is a losing framework. That's the point I think we're all talking about here. Uncle Bob is guaranteed to be invited over for dinner, and when he fouls the atmosphere and everyone leaves, why would they come back?

3 minutes ago, Tooltip said:

You also point out that the winning guilds are playing the way it's meant to be played, you're right, and what we're seeing is that the way it's Meant to be played is a losing framework. That's the point I think we're all talking about here. Uncle Bob is guaranteed to be invited over for dinner, and when he fouls the atmosphere and everyone leaves, why would they come back?

The same happened in SB.  I don't think they are going to find a cure to this in CF.  Eventually this game will cannibalize its population and they can mitigate this but never prevent it fully.  These games reward time played at a very high rate and that reward shows in gear, vessels, player experience, builds resource to time ratios.  It all adds up to Uncle Bob.  Wiping campaigns will mitigate it somewhat but I can assure you those super guilds will recover faster than small time casual guilds.  A wipe tomorrow would slow down HoA but we we would be back in blues and purples days/weeks/months before the competition because of time devoted and the skill system rewards time spent. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The juice is not worth the squeeze. 

Why play in an unfun game with unfun mechanics and no quality of life. I have played almost non stop for coming up on 3 years. 
I have been hearing about factories that entire time. About how game changing it is going to be. /sigh

I want a guild chest/vault that you can deposit into without another player having to be at the wheel.
I want target dummies in an EK. 
I want a god damn repeat button for crafting. (thralls/blueprints)
I want expandable player/vessel item storage for ek's (Placeable chests for personal storage)

I need some quality of life or I can just go play another game that values my effort and time more.  

1 hour ago, Sharkbait said:

on a side note I was in one of the Balance keeps last night during the siege window . if any significant force moved in on us we would have lost the keep. there was maybe 15 people and most were unguilded and it would have been an utter disaster if Order or Chaos showed up. ... Just sayin it ain't over until J Todd says it over!

Its hard to say what would have happened.  Order has shown up every other night.  After the first night of the campaign, we made an attempt to retake our keep.  We did not succeed.  Then we've re-attempted a couple more times.  I can't say how many were in the keep, but everyone is bored right now.  It doesn't take long for 15 people turn into more once people realize there is actually something going on in the siege zones.  Hell, if I was on Balance and caught wind of some action at the keeps, I'd book it on over to get a little RvR'ing done too.  Can't blame anyone there.  

I have to imagine it doesn't matter if anything is going on or not.  Portals are watched and spies are listening.  Unfortunately with Order, we don't have the numbers to lock out a siege zone in our favor.  So, we are left with practicing our siege strategies, our team cohesiveness, and our general group PvP skills.  Succeeding is irrelevant, but there is still value in trying.

2 minutes ago, firstworldpotato said:

Succeeding is irrelevant, but there is still value in trying.

There is always something to learn, or build up resources. I'm stilling learning poorly made socks every day even though I've been playing for several years.

Personally, I only play during USA daytime, evenings are family time for me, and most of my fights are 1v1, 1v2, 2v1, etc. and then some where me and my group are outnumbered.

6 minutes ago, firstworldpotato said:

Its hard to say what would have happened.  Order has shown up every other night.  After the first night of the campaign, we made an attempt to retake our keep.  We did not succeed.  Then we've re-attempted a couple more times.  I can't say how many were in the keep, but everyone is bored right now.  It doesn't take long for 15 people turn into more once people realize there is actually something going on in the siege zones.  Hell, if I was on Balance and caught wind of some action at the keeps, I'd book it on over to get a little RvR'ing done too.  Can't blame anyone there.  

I have to imagine it doesn't matter if anything is going on or not.  Portals are watched and spies are listening.  Unfortunately with Order, we don't have the numbers to lock out a siege zone in our favor.  So, we are left with practicing our siege strategies, our team cohesiveness, and our general group PvP skills.  Succeeding is irrelevant, but there is still value in trying.

Absolutely it is hard to say what would have happened ... just saying there is opportunity and I would love to log in and see the table has been flipped. 

I'd rather go pvp on a game that isn't a slideshow for me, I pop into crowfall here and there but most people like myself are just are tired of the lag/ping/slideshow when its large scale pvp so they went on to other games, for most of the people I play with, it has nothing to do with the guilds merging onto balance, its part of the game. making alliances is going to happen, its been going on since I started playing and will happen after launch. Same with people coming and playing/testing, they will come and go for various reasons. Also upgrading my toaster here pretty quick, when I do I will pop into crowfall and if it helps I will be playing more if its still the same I will still play here and there till the game can handle large scale pvp at what I consider a playable/fun state. When that happens also I can almost 100% say you will see a huge flux of players.

1 hour ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

I'd rather go pvp on a game that isn't a slideshow for me, I pop into crowfall here and there but most people like myself are just are tired of the lag/ping/slideshow when its large scale pvp so they went on to other games, for most of the people I play with, it has nothing to do with the guilds merging onto balance, its part of the game. making alliances is going to happen, its been going on since I started playing and will happen after launch. Same with people coming and playing/testing, they will come and go for various reasons. Also upgrading my toaster here pretty quick, when I do I will pop into crowfall and if it helps I will be playing more if its still the same I will still play here and there till the game can handle large scale pvp at what I consider a playable/fun state. When that happens also I can almost 100% say you will see a huge flux of players.

5.8.3 made a huge performance jump even before the new character controller coming in 5.9.   40 v 40 or more is now pretty viable.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I dont know.. Chaos had 7-8 players on last night and ended up racking up 800k points for the good.  Just need people get out there and put a little effort in.

32 minutes ago, Frykka said:

5.8.3 made a huge performance jump even before the new character controller coming in 5.9.   40 v 40 or more is now pretty viable.

maybe for you, but again I said to what I dub playable/fun. What i think is playable is fun can be alot different than what you call playable and fun. During large scale pvp 5-20 fps is not fun to me, slideshows are not fun to me, I enjoy the game, I am not saying the game is bad, all I am saying is to alot of people current playability during pvp is just meh. after months to years of playing it like that people like to take a break and play some better polished stuff. 

26 minutes ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

maybe for you, but again I said to what I dub playable/fun. What i think is playable is fun can be alot different than what you call playable and fun. During large scale pvp 5-20 fps is not fun to me, slideshows are not fun to me, I enjoy the game, I am not saying the game is bad, all I am saying is to alot of people current playability during pvp is just meh. after months to years of playing it like that people like to take a break and play some better polished stuff. 

Is that your PC or the game?  I was getting good frames at Eu siege today.

wiDfyPp.png

43 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Is that your PC or the game?  I was getting good frames at Eu siege today.

I will let you know when I get my new parts and put it together

5 hours ago, mandalore said:

It's the winners fault for playing the game as intended. 

4 hours ago, mandalore said:

The same happened in SB.  I don't think they are going to find a cure to this in CF.  Eventually this game will cannibalize its population and they can mitigate this but never prevent it fully.  These games reward time played at a very high rate and that reward shows in gear, vessels, player experience, builds resource to time ratios.  It all adds up to Uncle Bob.  Wiping campaigns will mitigate it somewhat but I can assure you those super guilds will recover faster than small time casual guilds.  A wipe tomorrow would slow down HoA but we we would be back in blues and purples days/weeks/months before the competition because of time devoted and the skill system rewards time spent. 

A "super shallow power curve," relatively quick creation to viable progress system, campaign rulesets that allow players to learn/compete against those doing the same, etc would all be steps to at least attempt to make the game last a while.

There are other ways to do it and early on it seemed like ACE was going to think outside the box. I've yet to see anything beyond campaigns ending become realized.

The whole Campaign and World Bands idea sounded great initially as it would allow some variation in how to play the core concept and hopefully allow like minded players to compete against one another.

ACE needs to figure out if that is what they see as "playing the game as intended," or not. People whining about what is happening currently need to get over it. 

My assumption is once there is a Dregs option, the highly competitive will go that route and let others have factions. Those that think they can cut it in the Dregs (but aren't ready) will soon be packing and head back to factions or more casual friendly options. None of which is plausible currently with how ACE seems to be tricking out features and big updates.

31 minutes ago, APE said:

A "super shallow power curve," relatively quick creation to viable progress system, campaign rulesets that allow players to learn/compete against those doing the same, etc would all be steps to at least attempt to make the game last a while.

There are other ways to do it and early on it seemed like ACE was going to think outside the box. I've yet to see anything beyond campaigns ending become realized.

The whole Campaign and World Bands idea sounded great initially as it would allow some variation in how to play the core concept and hopefully allow like minded players to compete against one another.

ACE needs to figure out if that is what they see as "playing the game as intended," or not. People whining about what is happening currently need to get over it. 

My assumption is once there is a Dregs option, the highly competitive will go that route and let others have factions. Those that think they can cut it in the Dregs (but aren't ready) will soon be packing and head back to factions or more casual friendly options. None of which is plausible currently with how ACE seems to be tricking out features and big updates.

Well Chaos got 900k in points today from the intended pooling mechanic.  If they had actually tried to keep their keeps over the last week then the score would be much much closer.  

wiDfyPp.png