Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squishy.Turtle

Jewelcrafting šŸ˜”

Does anyone else feel that Jewel crafting is a little bit tedious?

I have currently done crafting in both Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and a little bit of leatherworking....Ā 

I understand that the game as well as the crafting system is based around working together and relying on others.. but I feel like Jewelcrafting relies on so many outside factors that the other professions Ā donā€™t.

Blacksmith you may need leatherwork here or there for padding or grips.... likewise leather may need blacksmith for a buckle or something... etc etc But there is plenty each can do with little to no help from another profession...

I feel like jewel crafting needs soĀ many outside components just to do the basic functions of the profession.Ā 

Wondering others opinions and thoughts on how/if some of the basics of the craft could be shifted back to a self reliance standpoint for jewel craft. Keeping in mind I feel they should rely on other professions.... just not asĀ heavily as it is now. Ā šŸ™‚

I find the reliance is more on the materials needed ratherĀ than relying on other crafters to assist in the build.Ā 

Alchemy doesn't need training to grind stone, Stonemasonry only needs assembly success if that as there is no exp rolls for the wheel, grindstone or paste.Ā 

It's the multi discipline gatheringĀ and the mandatory group gathering that is where i am finding jewelcraftingĀ cumbersome. Ā Ā 

33 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I find the reliance is more on the materials needed ratherĀ than relying on other crafters to assist in the build.Ā 

Alchemy doesn't need training to grind stone, Stonemasonry only needs assembly success if that as there is no exp rolls for the wheel, grindstone or paste.Ā 

It's the multi discipline gatheringĀ and the mandatory group gathering that is where i am finding jewelcraftingĀ cumbersome. Ā Ā 

Thanks I forgot to add in the resources part.... that is another issue as well being able to even get the gems.. šŸ˜€

To be clear, gems are only available from mother loads and those are only harvest-able with two or more players and someone needs a foreman skill. Is this correct?

I don't want to die from a lack of shooting back!

27 minutes ago, Schnoodles said:

gems are only available from mother loads and those are only harvest-able with two or more players

Yes, gems are only from motherlodes - you need at least 2 characters hitting the node in sync and the proper quality of tool for the rank of node (+ Foreman disc debuff power) to break through the nodes armor, and some passive skill training in Excavation to unlock Gem Chance.

30 minutes ago, Schnoodles said:

what is a disc?

Short for "Discipline Rune" - you can craft these (hit JĀ and scroll down to see the list) and equip them on your character to add additional powers and stats. Foreman is a harvesting disc so it can go in the Exploration slot.

https://malekai.org/disciplines/foreman

Ā 

tiPrpwh.png

On 2/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Squishy.Turtle said:

Does anyone else feel that Jewel crafting is a little bit tedious?

I have currently done crafting in both Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and a little bit of leatherworking....Ā 

I understand that the game as well as the crafting system is based around working together and relying on others.. but I feel like Jewelcrafting relies on so many outside factors that the other professions Ā donā€™t.

Blacksmith you may need leatherwork here or there for padding or grips.... likewise leather may need blacksmith for a buckle or something... etc etc But there is plenty each can do with little to no help from another profession...

I feel like jewel crafting needs soĀ many outside components just to do the basic functions of the profession.Ā 

Wondering others opinions and thoughts on how/if some of the basics of the craft could be shifted back to a self reliance standpoint for jewel craft. Keeping in mind I feel they should rely on other professions.... just not asĀ heavily as it is now. Ā šŸ™‚

I think Yes and No the amount of Base mats you need are lower so thats nice, and if you have stone-masonry as a second disc your ok. Remember you also don't need a disc to grind powdered stone.Ā 

now what I find tedious is experimenting with different cuts, polishes, grinds, to get the desired effect.Ā  I can't find a reliable table anywhere so I'm going through the long trial and error process and logging down what I find.

18 hours ago, bignick22000 said:

I can't find a reliable table anywhere so I'm going throughļ»æ the long ļ»ætrial and error process and logging down what I find.

Google Winterblades Crafting Combinations.

It was current for the early days of 5.8.x, and has seen some updates as things have been changed, but is not 100% for 5.90.

On ā€Ž2ā€Ž/ā€Ž22ā€Ž/ā€Ž2019 at 1:23 AM, miraluna said:

Yes, gems are only from motherlodes - you need at least 2 characters hitting the node in sync and the proper quality of tool for the rank of node (+ Foreman disc debuff power) to break through the nodes armor, and some passive skill training in Excavation to unlock Gem Chance.

Ā 

Is there a reliableĀ place to findĀ for the soul of the foreman?

It was on the vendor last patch. If itā€™s not anymore, harvest r6+ Resource nodes with (what Iā€™m calling)Ā a soul tool (different from a spirit tool)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

1 hour ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Iā€™ll sell you the complete discĀ for 10000 dust.Ā 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Ā 

59 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

It was on the vendor last patch. If itā€™s not anymore, harvest r6+ Resource nodes with (what Iā€™m calling)Ā a soul tool (different from a spirit tool)

Souls were sold on test vendors, but not live. I've harvested a Foreman and Lookout soul on test, along with soul essence. Have not tried on live yet.

You'll need a Runecrafter with the Runecrafting Techniques minor. With the minor they canĀ see the hidden additive slot for Polished Soul Gem on the Spirit Tool recipe.

Rough Soul Gems can be harvested from ore nodes if you have the survival skill for it.Ā It's a quick skill to train, iircĀ 12.5k skill points to cap.

Polishing a soul gem takes a few minutesĀ of running around at a keep. Grind some stone at the Alchemy table (quality doesn't matter), go to the Stonemason's table & add water toĀ make polishing compound (not 100% certain on the name), then goĀ to the jewelcrafter's table and add more water and the rough soul gem.

Edited by VaMei

4 minutes ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Thanks, do you remember what dropped it?Ā 

You won't get it unless you are harvesting with a runetool that has been created using a Polished Soul Gem. Those tools can only be created if you have the Runemaking Techniques minor disc. If you have the appropriate tool, any R6 or above node has a chance to drop it.

16 hours ago, VaMei said:

Google Winterblades Crafting Combinations.

It was current for the early days of 5.8.x, and has seen some updates as things have been changed, but is not 100% for 5.90.

Ā 

It is mostly updated. I need to adjust a couple things that were changed to allow for more healing stats.

C4sIZDW.gif