Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phr00t

Please mercy kill this campaign

Recommended Posts

On 2/22/2019 at 8:05 AM, Samulus said:

Agreed. It's just weird because we've resorted to stomping harvesters, it doesn't feel right. When the rest of your Chaos guild stays on EU for the easy farming, we find PvP where we can and there's no middle ground. We're either kicking puppies or getting stomped lol. It's been entertaining though. 

 

It's an inevitable part of the game, and I wouldn't expect anything less.
Harvesters have and always will be fair game. It's especially true now since Chaos and Order don't exactly have a convenient place to farm.


231e101d88.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is certain, if this keeps happening the devs will have to address it. Wanting to play on a winning team and desiring most efficient path to rewards are hardwired in many people. This wont be changed by adding more players overall to a campaign. Having multiple campaigns running will still trend towards each campaign being lopsided to one faction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of any 'forum fall' types of politics - not acknowledging that 'There is a problem!' is like "Hiding behind the finger''.

Until the devs come up with any solutions - It is up to "Anyone Interested" to work on balancing things out. 

Sometimes it works - sometimes it does not - but we can try.

On EU for this campaign Cal and KDS decided to play together as Order and we've let the other major players know that we will do so and they have decided to join their forces on Chaos.

We've had some back and fourth in the first 3-5 days and the points were close while it was looking like Order will win, as we always had some advantage but nothing really disheartening for the others.

Than the US players joined and that scale tipped dramatically on the Chaos side. Winning more prime time moments than Chaos and finding the second day everything turned was rough and we pushed back for 3 days until we decided that 'the squeeze is not worth the juice'.

We will try again to work on balancing the tables but there are 2 major scenarios and we can not be prepared for both: Will US players join the EU campaign again? and based on that answer the whole landscape is different.

Trying is the best we can do - either way 'Let the crows fly!'

/salute

Edited by KDSProm

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 1:03 PM, Phr00t said:

Another siege with only seeing 3 chaos the entire time.

 

Please move us on to the next one.

Dont worry there so bored they resorted to camping us, using a spy that stands in stonehaven and jump through portals doing /who till they find somone they dont like and then they sound the horn to hunt the zone till they find them. The other day they dropped a treb on a fort wall to break it down because they couldnt push 8 guys out of there, we ended up recalling as they dropped the treb cause they were probaly bringing more people since thats what they do it seems when they cant win normally. Rather deny them the satisfaction and waste there time. We appear we take and disappear only to hit them again somewhere else before disappearing againbefore they muster there forces. They ended up bringing there entire crew over to Euro before we logged off last night i think we struck a nerve.


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 8:10 AM, Groovin said:

It's an inevitable part of the game, and I wouldn't expect anything less.
Harvesters have and always will be fair game. It's especially true now since Chaos and Order don't exactly have a convenient place to farm.

This campaign has been the best time harvesting for me, harvested outside an enemy fort for like 50 hours or so total during summer only got attacked twice cause everyone else deserted that campaign and the guild that cant be named doesnt care for resources anymore since there all geared up.


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KDSProm said:

Regardless of any 'forum fall' types of politics - not acknowledging that 'There is a problem!' is like "Hiding behind the finger''.

Until the devs come up with any solutions - It is up to "Anyone Interested" to work on balancing things out. 

Sometimes it works - sometimes it does not - but we can try.

On EU for this campaign Cal and KDS decided to play together as Order and we've let the other major players know that we will do so and they have decided to join their forces on Chaos.

We've had some back and fourth in the first 3-5 days and the points were close while it was looking like Order will win, as we always had some advantage but nothing really disheartening for the others.

Than the US players joined and that scale tipped dramatically on the Chaos side. Winning more prime time moments than Chaos and finding the second day everything turned was rough and we pushed back for 3 days until we decided that 'the squeeze is not worth the juice'.

We will try again to work on balancing the tables but there are 2 major scenarios and we can not be prepared for both: Will US players join the EU campaign again? and based on that answer the whole landscape is different.

Trying is the best we can do - either way 'Let the crows fly!'

/salute

Sorry for being one of the NA players on EU but I've been playing on both servers. I got to say the siege fights on EU have been some of the most fun I've had in the game. I can only play them on the weekends due to work or the occasional off day but it's been a blast. See you on the field... but not today gottaa work on a Sunday :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KDSProm said:

Regardless of any 'forum fall' types of politics - not acknowledging that 'There is a problem!' is like "Hiding behind the finger''.

Until the devs come up with any solutions - It is up to "Anyone Interested" to work on balancing things out. 

Sometimes it works - sometimes it does not - but we can try.

On EU for this campaign Cal and KDS decided to play together as Order and we've let the other major players know that we will do so and they have decided to join their forces on Chaos.

We've had some back and fourth in the first 3-5 days and the points were close while it was looking like Order will win, as we always had some advantage but nothing really disheartening for the others.

Than the US players joined and that scale tipped dramatically on the Chaos side. Winning more prime time moments than Chaos and finding the second day everything turned was rough and we pushed back for 3 days until we decided that 'the squeeze is not worth the juice'.

We will try again to work on balancing the tables but there are 2 major scenarios and we can not be prepared for both: Will US players join the EU campaign again? and based on that answer the whole landscape is different.

Trying is the best we can do - either way 'Let the crows fly!'

/salute

EU players have come to NA before and nobody cared.  NA Chaos refugees have been playing more on EU where their numbers and time played is not over shadowed by the NA alliance that plays every day and plays to win.  It’s not something you should be upset about.  The EU server has always been less fanatical about its play style so of course it’s a haven to people just casually playing; to me that’s a good thing.  I’d rather they keep playing where they feel they matter instead of quitting all together. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set campaign times seem important to consistent testing.

Perhaps everyone should take a few days off.  That works better than complaining that other people take time off.

If certain players want another hugfest campain to call their own, sure they can do this same thing again.  So long as it serves the ACE objective of systems testing that brings us closer to launch, I don't care what they do.

Every time players under the current design make the game too boring to play, I take a few days off and check back.  It's great.  No stress.  Lots of passive training to spend.  I just remember it's about testing, not about fun yet.

And if Winterblades gets all 100% of the best gear possible, good on them for testing the systems.  As long as it's bringing us closer to launch, let them spend their free time testing.  Testers they drive off will come back after launch.

Given the adequate number of testers, ACE should not be spending any time chasing testers that could be spent on bringing this operation to launch.

If you remember that there are no good players yet, just good testers, it might help the community's collective blood pressure.  Yay.  You're the best at testing.  Get up and do it again.  Bring me launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClockworkWetwork said:

Set campaign times seem important to consistent testing.

Perhaps everyone should take a few days off.  That works better than complaining that other people take time off.

If certain players want another hugfest campain to call their own, sure they can do this same thing again.  So long as it serves the ACE objective of systems testing that brings us closer to launch, I don't care what they do.

Every time players under the current design make the game too boring to play, I take a few days off and check back.  It's great.  No stress.  Lots of passive training to spend.  I just remember it's about testing, not about fun yet.

And if Winterblades gets all 100% of the best gear possible, good on them for testing the systems.  As long as it's bringing us closer to launch, let them spend their free time testing.  Testers they drive off will come back after launch.

Given the adequate number of testers, ACE should not be spending any time chasing testers that could be spent on bringing this operation to launch.

If you remember that there are no good players yet, just good testers, it might help the community's collective blood pressure.  Yay.  You're the best at testing.  Get up and do it again.  Bring me launch.

There’s a fallacy to this thought though. CF is game that rewards time investment very well and it’s very obvious who has the time now to benefit from that design.  You’re argument ignores the fact that it will probably be the same people benefiting from the time they can devote to the system in the future and the same people will likely be complaining about being behind them then too. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mandalore said:

EU players have come to NA before and nobody cared.  NA Chaos refugees have been playing more on EU where their numbers and time played is not over shadowed by the NA alliance that plays every day and plays to win.  It’s not something you should be upset about.  The EU server has always been less fanatical about its play style so of course it’s a haven to people just casually playing; to me that’s a good thing.  I’d rather they keep playing where they feel they matter instead of quitting all together. 

EU joined mostly for some blood shed, impacting the campaign is 'slightly' different.

EU siege is in your noon/aftrenoon. US siege 2-5 am EU times. So EU players cannot have same impact on the US so we can repay the favor in full :)

My suggestion is to campaign account lock for the duration of the campaign - so everyone commits and I have no problem with who is playing where.


Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KDSProm said:

EU joined mostly for some blood shed, impacting the campaign is 'slightly' different.

EU siege is in your noon/aftrenoon. US siege 2-5 am EU times. So EU players cannot have same impact on the US so we can repay the favor in full :)

My suggestion is to campaign account lock for the duration of the campaign - so everyone commits and I have no problem with who is playing where.

Nah...anything that provides an opportunity for more fights should be encouraged, not discouraged. While I agreed that we should be prevented from moving individual vessels back and forth (and using that to reset imports/exports constantly), I completely endorse allowing all players to play on both servers as they see fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

Nah...anything that provides an opportunity for more fights should be encouraged, not discouraged. While I agreed that we should be prevented from moving individual vessels back and forth (and using that to reset imports/exports constantly), I completely endorse allowing all players to play on both servers as they see fit.

Do you have a time frame suggestion for US siege that is not between 24:00 to 5:00 GMT/UTC when most Europe is from +0 to +2 on that timer?

You notice I'm only asking for a 5h gap...

Edit: Russian Community is on +3 to +5 on that time frame btw - so if we try to cover them as well than the gap just got bigger.

Edited by KDSProm

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you’re argument is that enough NA players are on EU at 1330 cst to throw off the EU balance? 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

There’s a fallacy to this thought though.  CF is game that rewards time investment very well and it’s very obvious who has the time now to benefit from that design.

You’re argument

ignores the fact that it will probably be the same people benefiting from the time they can devote to the system in the future and the same people will likely be complaining about being behind them then too. 

1.  What's the fallacy to the reminder that we're currently playtesting a pre-alpha?

2.  I didn't present an argument, only a suggestion on a change in attitude from animosity over pre-alpha behavior to acceptance that it's just testing.

3.  Is it a fact that there will "probably" be no additional players after launch?  I disagree.  You may be right, which means the game will fail and close and nothing now matters.

I'm betting that the final product will be much better than pre-alpha and the population will swell such that there will be a fine diversity of players enjoying the rich systems.

For those who have the time to devote to playtesting, I thank you.  Get out there and get us another step closer to launch!  Show the Devs the worst behavior and exploits so they can close those loopholes for live.  Make sure to post bugs on the forums.  Those who do the most testing win pre-alpha and make the game better for all of us. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unknown.png

Thats how it looks like every morning for us, so is this having impact on the EU campaign? We are fighting 2 timeszones. And as "catch up" mechanics are more like "dont fall too far behind" mechanics we only could do 24hrs gaming or ask NA Guilds to defend for us. So lets quit all our jobs or at least be online the next 29 hrs ^^ Even after release this is not worth it. Next campaign like that? Oh i see dark clouds. Just not good if you have the feeling that all your work is for nothing because NA players cap the hole map and so in our case atm chaos has all the nice points for about 15 hrs/day at least. So no way to fight that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was not part of that, so i can`t say anything about it, but i think it is a difference if there are more enemies to fight or things just are happening while you are sleeping or @ work. your primetime is for most EU players the time to go to bed or be there already. it is part of the game and if it is intended like that, well we will have to make alliances, lets make 1 server where all got bad pings and lets do 3 or 4 siegetimer.

Edited by Surelia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...