Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phr00t

Please mercy kill this campaign

7 minutes ago, Medicaid said:

@Surelia

how quickly people forget when EU used to come help chaos cap on NA.

now u see a problem reguarding the differnt servers?

strange.

strange things happen, all the time, all over the world ;)

16 hours ago, mandalore said:

So you’re argument is that enough NA players are on EU at 1330 cst to throw off the EU balance? 

18 minutes ago, Medicaid said:

@Surelia

how quickly people forget when EU used to come help chaos cap on NA.

now u see a problem reguarding the differnt servers?

strange.

The problem is that a part of the population(NA) can impact one major game mechanic (siege) for the rest of the population(EU), while the latter dose not have the same opportunity due to TZ difference.

If you find the above 'fair' or 'not important' than I see no point in keeping the discussion going. 

If you see a 'problem' like I do than we can work together in suggesting a fix and not have only the devs come up with solutions.

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

You’re argument implies that only EU players can play and anybody else is a foreign invader.  It’s hosted EU but I should still be able to play there.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

41 minutes ago, mandalore said:

You’re argument implies that only EU players can play and anybody else is a foreign invader.  It’s hosted EU but I should still be able to play there.  

oh, you open that box?...

well not a problem if all factions would have had near even numbers of "visitors" or "refugees" or just players.

1 minute ago, Surelia said:

oh, you open that box?...

well not a problem if all factions would have had near even numbers of "visitors" or "refugees" or just players.

How do you begin to enforce that?  That’s a lot of dev work to ensure “fair”. Are all players equal?  My point is that’s a lot of work for something that may or may not be fair.  Fair isn’t going to happen when there’s dozens of campaigns and tens of thousands of players. 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

How do you begin to enforce that?  That’s a lot of dev work to ensure “fair”. Are all players equal?  

i watched yesterday, as 12ish?  balance, pushed back 30 chaos, while chaos was defending keep.

if that answers ur question

its just about what happend to the EU campaign, and it is just not a good feeling fighting against something you can`t do anything against out of your own. i think a few players are also not happy how the NA campaign went, guess the players of NA capping the whole map all night/day long without anyone fighting it are also not looking for more of that.

So the question is would a modified ruleset help? should it be like that? what is the core issue and how to make more players happy?

0/0 imports/exports for example would have made a long campaign a bit more spicy. also a journey to EU or NA wouldn`t have been that easy, but doable. of course I would have complained then about the ganks, but all those transports... so embargo-system will change a lot there already, guess we will just have to wait.

2 hours ago, Medicaid said:

i watched yesterday, as 12ish?  balance, pushed back 30 chaos, while chaos was defending keep.

if that answers ur question

It’s was pretty much up to the balance crossovers from NA to decide who gets to win the EU campaign, lewl.

39 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

BUMP

Bump for what? They end tomorrow night and have an announcement from JTC coming up. 

wiDfyPp.png

17 hours ago, mandalore said:

You are reading between the lines (things I already cleared in this thread) and ignoring the argument. Are you testing my IQ?😋

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

18 hours ago, MJayed said:

Did balance end up winning?

No, they didn't have good enough gear to win 😋

18 hours ago, Surelia said:

its just about what happend to the EU campaign, and it is just not a good feeling fighting against something you can`t do anything against out of your own. i think a few players are also not happy how the NA campaign went, guess the players of NA capping the whole map all night/day long without anyone fighting it are also not looking for more of that.

So the question is would a modified ruleset help? should it be like that? what is the core issue and how to make more players happy?

Faction based, fort capture pvp MMOs have always been like this. I played many of them, DAoC, GW2, ESO, they all had night capping. This campaign it was the NA players who flooded Euro server, so basically a timezone issue, but rest assured for the live game, there'll be no life tryhards organizing night cap groups. People were upset with the "tug of war" previous mechanic, and rightly so since it had its own issues, but as soon as they announced this new capture mechanic the first thought that crossed my mind was "night capping". Specially in CF where victory has more meaning and gives better rewards (supposedly), people will do whatever they can do to win. Wasn't ACE going to add time windows for forts at least, so they can only be attacked within a certain time? But even that has issues, since it screws players/guilds that can't play in that specific time. And the outposts will still be night capped regardless. 

Personally, I'm just hoping the Dregs will have a better scoring mechanic. The current mechanic of capping forts and outposts is shallow, braindead and boring. It just rewards no-life'ing the game and night capping.