Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ranger Archer sub/class suggestion improvement

Maemi

I have made a Topic about my experience about the archer sometime in December and unfortunately for the archer, the situation did not improve. I did some testing lots of trial and errors. And came up with suggestions I would like to share with other fellow archers. I will start with the recent weapon mastery change, The Bow /Arrow /Quiver and finally, I will discuss the archer talents

Bow Mastery and how it affects us 

As you are all aware now Weapon Mastery has been removed from the game. This did hurt Archer some of will argue that this hit everyone equally which is not true. 

The reason why this change did affects us more is not because of the armor pen or range loss those are trivia at best. It because before we had 2 major discipline to chose from and now we only have the illusion of 2 majors Choice. Since '' Binding arrow''  our only reliable range CC/kitting kit is now attached to either Sharpshooter Or Arcane Archer. Since we don't have any other reliable range CC/kiting ability. It now Considered a must-have. 

Now, this would not be soo bad if those Major gave other nice passive/ability The problem is they don't.   

let us start with Sharpshooter 

Stats

• 6.25% damage bonus piercing      Good
  • Far-sight 12.50m                             OK
  • Range Distance Bonus  5M           Meaningless   (As you know range cap at 34 m and easy to reach I got a suggestion on that later)

Abilities/Passives

• Richochet                                                    Not only this skill is bad we already have it in our talent  
    As stated in my previous topic cast time cannot move low dmg only strong on the third hit which you have no control over. 

• All Clear                                                       Bad on paper and in practice what can you ask more 

This kind of passive baffles me as to how did it even made it in game.
    This passive requires you to have NO ENEMIES IN 30M RADIUS to get a dmg Bonus. ON A 34M RANGE CAP! The average archer shot from 32M !
    Its already difficult keeping 1 person with all the gap closers from getting 20 m from you imagine 50 + Seriously who's Idea was this😦 YOU GIVE US 2M/4M PLAYGROUND REALLY? 
    SUGGESTION:   Halve the distance  15m 

• Hunker Down                                    Situational got to create The situation to use efficiently I like it personally
    Create a very small area on the ground increased dmg and armor. Useful to dish out loads of dmg when you know the enemy doesn't have retaliate anymore.The problem as I said and my previous topic no spell to compliment it and keeping rapid fire for it will result in a dps loss

• Binding arrow                                   Must Have only reliable range cc/kiting kit
    Snare enemy hit by the ability

So basically at the moment there only bind arrow and 6 % piercing that is useful from this MAJOR .

Hunker down comes down to opinion and play style, but sharpshooter is basically the most useful of the two because Arcane Archer is way worst.

Arcane Archer 

Stats

Elemental Armor Bonus 3%             Situational

Far sight 6.25 M                                 ok

Range Bonus 5M                                Meaningless   (As you know range cap at 34 m and easy to reach I got a suggestion on that later)

Abilities/Passives

• Arcane Barrier                        Bad  2500 magic or 500 physical which ever comes first beware of auto attack 
    Shield Absorb 2500 elemental or 500 physical. What comes after the ''or'' is what make this spell trash  500dmg is an auto attack and he probably missed you. So you use this spell to shield yourself from a magic burst but if anyone hit you-you lose this shield pointless concept.
    Suggestion 1500 all dmg  There already a hard counter to shields anyway

• The way of the Trail             
    You run 15% faster out of combat !!! yay wait no point in having this take over any precious passives slots unless you plan to run away from battles all the time. 

• Multi-Shot
    Aoe in a cone low dmg more for pve farming 

• Binding arrow                                   Must Have only reliable range cc/kiting kit
    Snare enemy hit by the ability

Basically, a  defensive Major that currently doesn't offer much in term of defense. Let not forget you are forced to use it if you want to use fire or ice arrow

Bow /Arrow /Quiver

When I first Started I really liked the concept of different arrows and effect depending on the type of arrow used. This gave you the feeling of being able to personalize your character further by having a specific utility in combat base of the arrow used. Slow /Fire, Bleed, Stun, execute.

The first Issue I ran in was that I had to create lots and lots and lots of arrows. That had all different rng so they could not stack. The Current Fix to that is to have a quiver. The problem with this current so-called fix is simple you need heartwood so it will take a loooooong time before people start harvesting heartwood during the official launch. Considering we are getting more point then we should. Bag space is limited not to mention the lasting you want is make constant back and forth just to get arrows and make your entire party wait for you or not be here for your group just to get them that ridiculous.

Now on to fire and ice arrow the idea behind those were most likely to make some sort of magic archer. The problem? Not viable. Why? Your Bow deals physical piercing dmg and your arrow elemental you have pass through physical and magical armor which make physical archer far superior to magical.

The Suggestion to this problem is simple duelist right now do not use ammo for their pistol why should we? Remove all arrow and quivers.  This will make bows more unique 

Fire Bow

Deals Fire dmg, X chance afflict burn  

Ice Bow

Deal Ice dmg, X chance to slow

Execute Bow 

Physical dmg, ON x % enemy  hp  x% chance to deal Extra dmg

Piercing Bow  

Physical dmg, x% chance to afflict bleed

This way you go through only one type of resistance, which make elemental more viable  you still have a personalized archer and without the hassle of having arrow taking precious space

Archer Talent 

The main problem I have with archer when you unlock the talent it really just the same and some talent are either you useless but forced to take or don't make much sense for the class that I unlocked. For now, I will focus 2 of them   Namely:  Target Practice  and Withering Barrage

Target Practice: At 3 point increase range by 9m. This talent just doesn't feel right and a let down for a talent that is that far down the tree. I unlocked Archer, not an assassin having a long range and mastery of my bow it is a given.

Suggestion Merge this talent with Military Training when you unlock Archer it is much more natural to deal more dmg with the bow and have increased range 9m right from the get-go then have as an option is ridiculous. I would go as far as to say make it range cap. Some will argue it would be too much but considering the amount of gap closer currently in the game: pull, jump, net, charge, Dash glide( which I believe are totally fine)  I don't I really don't see the issue

Replace it with atk power , or crit 

Withering Barrage: This talent could be useful the major problem when you use barrage you can't cancel it the only real way to use this talent efficiently would to poke cancel channeling just to debuff it impossible right now without wasting a much-needed dodge which is why it not used.

Suggestion we have no range kitting kit replace it by ''Binding Arrow'' we should not be forced to take Arcane Archer or Sharpshooter to have a kitting ability as an archer it makes sense then we have one in our a kit 

These are my suggestions  

Again Feel free to leave your constructive criticism they important and as usual, keep it civilized. I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions for the archer 

Edited by Maemi

They really should rename the ranger to the R simply because the class has no range. This (outside of number balance) is the only issue with the archer class. Make range have a cap of 50-60m. 

Having cc tied into discs is fine; it means you have to CHOOSE to get it. As for arrows the solution isn't to get rid of quivers, but instead to give Duelists ammo pouches. 

I feel like fixing Double Shot and whatever the Archer ability is that halves the cast time of the next autoattack would go a GOOD WAY towards making the whole class better, but especially archer. 

I feel bad because when they broke Gleeful Strike this campaign they fixed it back within a day. Archer has been broken since I bought in and no changes have come to it despite abilities that are bugged to being borked.... 

1 hour ago, Zatch said:

They really should rename the ranger to the R simply because the class has no range. This (outside of number balance) is the only issue with the archer class. Make range have a cap of 50-60m. 

Having cc tied into discs is fine; it means you have to CHOOSE to get it. As for arrows the solution isn't to get rid of quivers, but instead to give Duelists ammo pouches. 

Thank you Zatch for your  post  and opinion. For my position in terms of current range cap. to me 34 seems  reasonnable to me more   than 50 /60m I think it overkill . Other class needs to be able to cash up. 

I respectfully  I disagree with   adding pouch  to duelist as I pointed out  arrow overload you inventory   since they dont stack due to rng    and quivers will take a   long time before they are possible to craft when game launches I firmly believe it would be a better solution to simply give the effect of the arrow to the bow and get rig of arrow and quiver althoghter rather then transposing the problem to another class as you suggested. 

As for the CC tied into a disc I would normal agree however this CC is proper to archer and should be part of our base kit  it make no sense that archer doesnt have a range cc in their Kit

Edited by Maemi

8 minutes ago, Maemi said:

Thank you Zatch for your  post  and opinion. For my position in terms of current range cap. to me 34 seems  reasonnable to me more   than 50 /60m I think it overkill . Other class needs to be able to cash up. 

I respectfully  I disagree with   adding pouch  to duelist as I pointed out  arrow overload you inventory   since they dont stack due to rng    and quivers will take a   long time before they are possible to craft when game launches I firmly believe it would be a better solution to simply give the effect of the arrow to the bow and get rig of arrow and quiver althoghter rather then transposing the problem to another class as you suggested. 

Other classes don't need to "catch up" to the ranger, as long range is what differentiates the class from a confessor or any other range spec. If the class doesn't get range it may as well be a confessor with a bow.

It takes a month to get to heartwood. They aren't designing the game for the first campaign, it's being designed for the hundreds after it. An inconvenience for the first month is nothing compared to the intended longevity for the game. 

Edited by Zatch

27 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I feel like fixing Double Shot and whatever the Archer ability is that halves the cast time of the next autoattack would go a GOOD WAY towards making the whole class better, but especially archer. 

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, Zatch said:

It takes a month to get to heartwood. They aren't designing the game for the first campaign, it's being designed for the hundreds after it. An inconvenience for the first month is nothing compared to the intended longevity for the game. 

According to whom ? what makes you say without a doutb that will take 1 month to get  hearthwood ? We are getting passive point right now  way faster then we will normally get it 

Took a break from reading OP to mention that the current patch on test has improved the Archers range. They are not hard capped anymore. Their talent now increase range cap and the keystone talent adds the bonus range so that the spec can actually use the range. 

Edited by Navystylz

12 minutes ago, Maemi said:

According to whom ? what makes you say without a doutb that will take 1 month to get  hearthwood ? We are getting passive point right now  way faster then we will normally get it 

What does it matter if its 1 month, 2 months, or even 3 months. The point is the game isn't being designed around the first campaign. Its guaranteed to be a poorly made socks show.

Edited by Zatch

I am  talking about quality of life changes . It will matter when you will have to carrie 8 different pack of 500 arrow arround 

Edited by Maemi

14 minutes ago, Zatch said:

Other classes don't need to "catch up" to the ranger, as long range is what differentiates the class from a confessor or any other range spec. If the class doesn't get range it may as well be a confessor with a bow.

Only requires you to put in Connoisseur and beat on the birch in the beachhead to get heartwood. An inconvenience, but more so for those who don't know you can make one. 

I do believe Rangers shouldn't have to micromanage ammo for basic attacks though. Should just use quivers to change attack type and boost damage. And actually put that full quiver dmg to use. 

Edited by Navystylz

12 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Took a break from reading OP to mention that the current patch on test has improved the Archers range. They are no hard capped anymore. Their taken now increased range cap and the keystone talent adds the bonus range so that the spec can actually use the range. 

OH nice to know thanks for the  information Is there anyway to have acces to this informations  ? 

Edited by Maemi

2 hours ago, Zatch said:

Thats the change they have in the test server atm they get +21meter range caps with one of there talens so 41m + starting range of 15-20 i forget which

Veeshan Midst of UXA

7 hours ago, veeshan said:

Can always use a piercing one im pretty sure

Unless something has changed very recently, you can use a piecing quiver.

• 1 year later...
On 22/02/2019 at 14:28, Maemi said:

J'ai fait un sujet sur mon expérience avec l'archer en décembre et malheureusement pour l'archer, la situation ne s'est pas améliorée. J'ai fait beaucoup de tests et d'erreurs. Et est venu avec des suggestions que je voudrais partager avec d'autres camarades archers. Je vais commencer par le récent changement de maîtrise des armes, The Bow / Arrow / Quiver et enfin, je vais discuter des talents d'archer

La maîtrise de l'arc et comment elle nous affecte 

Comme vous le savez tous, la maîtrise des armes a été supprimée du jeu. Cela a blessé Archer, certains diront que cela a touché tout le monde également, ce qui n'est pas vrai. 

La raison pour laquelle ce changement nous affecte davantage n'est pas à cause du stylo d'armure ou de la perte de portée, ce sont au mieux des anecdotes. C'est parce qu'avant nous avions 2 disciplines majeures à choisir et maintenant nous n'avons que l' illusion de 2 majors Choice . Depuis `` Flèche de liaison '', notre seul kit CC / kit de gamme fiable est maintenant fixé à Sharpshooter ou Arcane Archer. Puisque nous n'avons aucune autre capacité CC / kite de gamme fiable. Il est désormais considéré comme un incontournable. 

Maintenant, ce ne serait pas si mal si ces Major donnaient d'autres capacités / passifs sympas Le problème est qu'ils ne le font pas.   

commençons par Sharpshooter 

Statistiques

• 6,25% bonus aux dégâts perçant      Bon
  • Vue à distance 12,50 m                              OK
  • Portée Distance Bonus 5M            vide de sens (Comme vous le savez, la portée à 34 m et facile à atteindre, j'ai eu une suggestion à ce sujet plus fustilarian )

Capacités / Passifs

• Richochet                                                    Non seulement cette compétence est mauvaise, nous l'avons déjà dans notre talent  
    Comme indiqué dans mon sujet précédent, le temps d'incantation ne peut pas se déplacer à faible dmg seulement fort au troisième coup sur lequel vous n'avez aucun contrôle. 

• All Clear                                                       Bad sur le papier et dans la pratique, que pouvez-vous demander de plus 

?
    Ce passif vous oblige à n'avoir AUCUN ENNEMI DANS UN RAYON DE 30M pour obtenir un bonus dmg. SUR UN CAP DE GAMME 34M! L'archer moyen a tiré à partir de 32 millions!
    Il est déjà difficile de garder 1 personne avec tous les fermetures de fossés à 20 mètres de vous. Imaginez 50 + Sérieusement, quelle idée était-ce 😦  VOUS NOUS DONNER VRAIMENT 2M / 4M AIRE DE JEUX? 
    SUGGESTION: réduire de moitié la distance de 15 m 

• Hunker Down                                    Situational a réussi à créer La situation à utiliser efficacement Je l'aime personnellement
    Créer une très petite zone au sol augmentée de dmg et d'armure. Utile pour distribuer des charges de dmg lorsque vous savez que l'ennemi n'a plus de représailles.Le problème comme je l'ai dit et mon sujet précédent aucun sort pour le complimenter et garder un tir rapide pour cela entraînera une perte de dps

• Flèche de liaison                                    Doit avoir uniquement un kit cc / kite de portée fiable Piège
    ennemi touché par la capacité

Donc, pour le moment, il n'y a que des flèches  et 6% de piercing qui sont utiles à partir de ce MAJOR.

Hunker se résume à l'opinion et au style de jeu, mais le tireur d'élite est fondamentalement le plus utile des deux, car Arcane Archer est bien pire.

Archer arcanique 

Statistiques

Bonus d'armure élémentaire 3%            situationnel 

Vue de loin 6,25 M                                 ok

Bonus de portée 5M                                 vide de sens (comme vous le savez, le cap de la portée à 34 m et facile à atteindre, j'ai eu une suggestion à ce sujet plus fustilarian )

Capacités / Passifs

• Arcane Barrier                        Bad 2500 magie ou 500 physique qui vient en premier méfiez-vous de l'attaque automatique 
    Bouclier Absorber 2500 élémentaire ou 500 physique. Ce qui vient après le `` ou '', c'est ce qui fait que ce jeton de sort 500dmg est une attaque automatique et il vous a probablement manqué. Donc, vous utilisez ce sort pour vous protéger d'une explosion magique, mais si quelqu'un vous frappe, vous perdez ce concept inutile de bouclier.
    Suggestion 1500 tous les dmg   Il y a quand même un compteur dur pour les boucliers

• Le chemin du Trail             
    Vous courez 15% plus vite hors combat !!! vous n'avez aucun intérêt à avoir cette prise en charge de précieux emplacements passifs, sauf si vous prévoyez de fuir les batailles tout le temps. 

• Multi-Shot
    Aoe dans un cône faible dmg plus pour l'agriculture pve 

• Flèche de liaison                                    Doit avoir uniquement un kit cc / kite de portée fiable Piège
    ennemi touché par la capacité

Fondamentalement, un Major défensif qui n'offre actuellement pas grand-chose en termes de défense. N'oubliez pas que vous êtes obligé de l'utiliser si vous souhaitez utiliser le feu ou la flèche de glace

Arc / Flèche / Carquois

Lorsque j'ai commencé, j'ai vraiment aimé le concept de différentes flèches et effets en fonction du type de flèche utilisé. Cela vous a donné le sentiment de pouvoir personnaliser davantage votre personnage en ayant un utilitaire spécifique dans la base de combat de la flèche utilisée. Ralentir / tirer, saigner, étourdir, exécuter.

Le premier problème que j'ai rencontré était que je devais créer beaucoup, beaucoup et beaucoup de flèches . Cela avait tous des rng différents donc ils ne pouvaient pas empiler . La solution actuelle est d'avoir un carquois . Le problème  avec ce correctif actuel est simple: vous avez besoin de bois de cœur , il faudra donc beaucoup de temps avant que les gens commencent à récolter du bois de cœur pendant le lancement officiel. Considérant que nous obtenons plus de points, nous devrions L'espace de sac est limité sans parler de la durée que vous voulez, c'est de faire des allers-retours constants juste pour obtenir des flèches et faire en sorte que toute votre fête vous attende ou ne pas être là pour votre groupe juste pour les rendre aussi ridicules.

Maintenant, pour le feu et la flèche de glace, l'idée derrière ceux-ci était le plus susceptible de faire une sorte d' archer magique . Le problème? Pas viable. Pourquoi? Votre arc traite dmg piercing physique et votre flèche élémentaire que vous avez passer à travers l' armure physique et magique qui font archer physique bien supérieur à magique.

La suggestion de ce problème est simple duelist en ce moment n'utilisez pas de munitions pour leur pistolet pourquoi devrions-nous? Retirez toutes les flèches et carquois. Cela rendra les arcs plus uniques 

Arc de feu

Inflige des dégâts de Feu, X chances de brûlure  

Arc de glace

Deal Ice dmg, X chance de ralentir

Exécuter l'arc 

Dmg physique, ON x% de PV ennemis x% de chances d'infliger des mg supplémentaires

Arc Piercing  

Dmg physique, x% de chances de provoquer un saignement

De cette façon, vous ne traversez qu'un seul type de résistance, ce qui rend l'élémentaire plus viable, vous avez toujours un archer personnalisé et sans les tracas d'avoir une flèche prenant un espace précieux

Archer Talent 

Le principal problème que j'ai avec archer lorsque vous débloquez le talent est vraiment le même et certains talents vous sont inutiles mais forcés de prendre ou n'ont pas beaucoup de sens pour la classe que j'ai débloquée. Pour l'instant, je vais me concentrer sur 2 d'entre eux à savoir:  Target Practice   et Withering Barrage

Entraînement à la cible : à 3 points, augmentez la portée de 9 m. Ce talent ne se sent tout simplement pas bien et une déception pour un talent qui est si loin dans l'arbre. J'ai déverrouillé Archer, pas un assassin ayant une longue portée et la maîtrise de mon arc c'est une évidence.

Suggestion Fusionnez ce talent avec l'entraînement militaire lorsque vous déverrouillez Archer, il est beaucoup plus naturel de traiter plus de dmg avec l'arc et d'avoir une portée accrue de 9 m dès le départ, puis en option, c'est ridicule. J'irais même jusqu'à dire le faire plafonner. Certains diront que ce serait trop, mais compte tenu du montant de l'écart plus proche actuellement dans le jeu: tirer, sauter, net, charger, Dash glide ( ce qui, je pense, est tout à fait correct ) Je ne sais pas vraiment le problème

Remplacez-le par une puissance d'attaque ou un critique 

Barrage flétri:  ce talent pourrait être utile le problème majeur lorsque vous utilisez le barrage, vous ne pouvez pas l'annuler, la seule véritable façon d'utiliser ce talent de manière efficace serait de pousser l'annulation de la canalisation juste pour l'étouffer impossible maintenant sans perdre une esquive bien nécessaire qui c'est pourquoi il n'est pas utilisé.

Suggestion, nous n'avons pas de kit de kit de portée, remplacez-le par `` Flèche de liaison '', nous ne devrions pas être obligés de prendre Arcane Archer ou Sharpshooter pour avoir une capacité de kit en tant qu'archer, il est logique alors nous en avons un dans notre kit 

Ce sont mes suggestions  

Encore une fois, n'hésitez pas à laisser vos critiques constructives importantes et, comme d'habitude, gardez-les civilisées. J'aimerais entendre vos opinions et suggestions pour l'archer 

I think the problem comes from the ranger class and that the archer is only the underclass I would appreciate a SNIPER Class with 3 special sous-archer tree :) with A spé Compound /// a spé Spellbound/// a spé Recurve  with a spectaculaire skill like the Giant with his double shoot or the jumphorse who can fly.

0i9d.png