Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So there isn't any way to obtain an upgrade vessel from white and so on , other then friends helping you or a guild or purchase one from a crafter correct?

I seen one on a vendor for sale but the price was so high it was rediculous. Socializing with people in am MMO is what its all about but The way Vessels work in game right now, i surely do not like.

Hoping some other ways to obtain them will be put in game before release. I can see special items being difficult to get or needing guild help or friends but not vessels. Not liking that part at all.

Vessels are virtually the ONLY thing in the game that does not decay over time.  It's a permanent upgrade on practically the account level.  It should be hard to obtain, and require social interactions.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

The part you can't do alone is the minerals. It takes at least 2 players to harvest the mother lodes.

As a new player, your focus should be more toward upgrading gear and finding a guild you like rather than upgrading your vessel. Getting into quality green gear made by a skilled blacksmith will give you far greater gains than any vessel upgrade.

Vessel upgrades are nice but past getting an uncommon+ over the freebie common ones the increments aren’t as big a value as better gear is. Sure at the edge of min/maxing every little bit counts, but by the time your sort out the rest you should be able to find a group that can get you one.

Additionally they take a bit higher training and slightly rarer resources to really make good ones. Most of what you see on vendors is trash/early attempts or no rerolls. Don’t get too caught up on the colors, depending on the crafter’s skill training and what was done during the crafting process a green can be better than a purple despite the difference in material rarity. All depends on the crafters math and knowledge of the system (which is unfortunately a bit of noob trap til you experiment a bit or find an explanation/guide)

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

If you know anything about vessels you'd quickly spot that the vessels you see for sale in the free city are junk.

If, by chance, you are wanting to get your hands on a properly crafted vessel made by a crafter in full legendary jewelry and max training, hit me up in game.  I'm Ble, Balance on NA.  Play most CST evenings.  We accept payment in dust, chaos embers, purple ore or a combination.  Price depends on what you want, but quality will be unmatched.

1 hour ago, Blacklotis said:

So there isn't any way to obtain an upgrade vessel from white and so on , other then friends helping you or a guild or purchase one from a crafter correct?

I seen one on a vendor for sale but the price was so high it was rediculous. Socializing with people in am MMO is what its all about but The way Vessels work in game right now, i surely do not like.

Hoping some other ways to obtain them will be put in game before release. I can see special items being difficult to get or needing guild help or friends but not vessels. Not liking that part at all.

ACE does a bad job explaining how to get them and what they are.  They are permanent upgrades to the character and require you to level that char at a much higher xp cost. Getting them requires a whole bunch of effort from highly specialized crafters and harvesters.  You need minerals from stone motherloads so that means you need a stone motherload specced farmer with foreman and at least two other people to just have a chance for them to drop.  You need water from vendors.  You need a gravedigger to find graves of the right race and quality for what you want.  You need hands of the right quality and type from zombies.  You need an alchemist and a necromancer.  It’s a lot of people involved in the creation of a vessel.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

THAT was a fantastic explanation and information. Thank you for that.

It looks like it requires a lot of crafter help, and thats all fine but it becomes a problem IF it effects balance in PvP.

This is where anyone that doesnt have a large guild that is actually helpful OR have lots of real life friends that play and have no life other then game time to commit to.

Having an edge in battle is fine by me for people that have this amount of time and resources. I will never agree with it if gives a person an overwhelming amount of power. Someone posted a link with a white vessel stats versus blue and up. I dont recall where i found the post or even if its true BUT with the giant leaps in stats across the board that it showed, is just ridiculous.

Maybe they want to cater to those few players but if that's how it persists through release then i probably will not play much if at all.

Just isn't worth the frustration with open world pvp and imbalances like this.

Marginal stats boosts is fine but looked way over the top from what i seen. Considering yes players will be selling them but the cost would be so stupid high.

Anyhow just have to see what they do. Casual and people without that kind of time or resources need a mediocre way of upgrading to at least just below those high price vessels stats AT LEAST.

You also have to consider, there really isn't a player economy to speak of yet, with all the wipes.  Vessels being permanent, eventually the private/solo and even larger guilds will potentially start selling some good ones, or at least have more availability.

Well it is intended to be played in a guild.  It’s not a solo game.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The way ACE has the game set up, attribute stats don't change the real numbers nearly as much as you might expect.

The was another pic put up not too long ago showing the details between white & purple vessels. The difference was not that impressive.

Upgrades to each item and to the vessel work together to make a huge difference, but the best way to improve your damage is by upgrading you weapon. The best way to improve your HP is to improve your armor, especially if you are a plate wearing class.

If you have chosen a leather wearing class, you may want to explore other routes. Leather is not in a happy place in the current meta.

4 hours ago, Blacklotis said:

I dont recall where i found the post or even if its true BUT with the giant leaps in stats across the board that it showed, is just ridiculous.

Actual vessel power difference is not as great as you are thinking. The raw stat numbers sure look like a vast difference but take a look at actual gains in attack power, damage modifier, hp's, ect. Gear and levels have so much more effect.

8 hours ago, Blacklotis said:

Someone posted a link with a white vessel stats versus blue and up. I dont recall where i found the post or even if its true BUT with the giant leaps in stats across the board that it showed, is just ridiculous.

Yeah, I remember that post, the entire point of which was to show how marginal the gains were and not ridiculous at all.

You'd be better off acquiring high quality weapons and armor than a vessel.

Hi, I'm moneda.

40 minutes ago, moneda said:

Yeah, I remember that post, the entire point of which was to show how marginal the gains were and not ridiculous at all.

You'd be better off acquiring high quality weapons and armor than a vessel.

^^^^^^^^^^

wiDfyPp.png

Thank you all for the great answers and info. It helped me to understand things much better then how I seen it before.

I will definitely look at the weapons and armor upgrades more now.

I like guilds to but some of the other mmo's in the past left a bad taste.

I'm hoping the guilds in game are as helpful as the forums here. Thanks again all for the help and info.

57 minutes ago, Blacklotis said:

I'm hoping the guilds in game are as helpful as the forums here. Thanks again all for the help and info.

I’m actually a troll most of the time so take that for what it’s worth.  I suggest finding an active guild using the in game leaderboard and then finding the guilds recruitment post here.  When they start the new campaign you will be able to swap factions so you will be able to go anywhere.  

wiDfyPp.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, Blacklotis said:

Thank you all for the great answers and info. It helped me to understand things much better then how I seen it before.

I will definitely look at the weapons and armor upgrades more now.

I like guilds to but some of the other mmo's in the past left a bad taste.

You are playing a game designed from the ground up to be played in guilds or require you to trade with other players. Fully equipping an "endgame" character requires ~10 accounts worth of skill training. You aren't meant to do everything on your own. The game is designed to require you to rely on others for things, and they to rely on your for what you provide that they don't.

If this wasn't clear to you could you provide some feedback as to how the marketing team could make this more clear for people considering joining the game?

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

• 1 year later...

This Video covers about everything you need to know about Vessels. It doesn't include the changes to vessel progression and the removal of the passive training, since this was after the recording...