Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bear

Question about forums

9 hours ago, bear said:

Can anyone answer my question? What in the Uncle Bob Thread would be a reason for anyone to be perma banned in game? Everyone is making like this is standard procedures in games but it's not. I can see getting banned for hate speach, exploiting, using cheats but for normal political banter.?

relax, artcraft wont permaban game account for silly forum activity. Most financial institutions I know would allow chargeback with no hesitation for that action. Then the player could simply buy the game again. Total waste of time/money for company. Terms of Service hold very little weight in this regard since many countries have consumer laws about goods and services transactions. The game and the forum are not the same product. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mystafyi said:

relax, artcraft wont permaban game account for silly forum activity. Most financial institutions I know would allow chargeback with no hesitation for that action. Then the player could simply buy the game again. Total waste of time/money for company. Terms of Service hold very little weight in this regard since many countries have consumer laws about goods and services transactions. The game and the forum are not the same product. 

This isn't true in the US at all. Click wrapper terms of service agreements have typically been found to be enforceable across a wide variety of situations. While other regions might have rules governing interactions, the situation here didn't occur in another region.

RE: Rest of this thread

My only concern is that in-game behavior isn't policed in the same way the forum behavior is. You can't tell people to be mean and nasty in-game and just "turn it off" on the forums. I'm not a fan of this policy. It should be game wide, either way (strict or not). Having two separate "zones" with varying degrees of rules and acceptable speech is confusing and not very easy to manage.

If ACE does intend to keep on with this policy, then they need to treat the two with separate punishments. If you act like a tool on the forums, then you can be banned _from the forums_. Similarly, in-game, if you are banned... well then the forums probably won't interest you anymore (but seeing as how the severity of actions in-game that are required to be banned, perhaps a total-ban would be required at that point).

The easier the application of rules, and the extension of punishment from those rules, the better. Right now this is a swamp new players will constantly be forced to navigate; lets be honest, no ones going to read the rules up front either.

Edited by Scree

Considering who I know has had their posting privileges suspended (permanently or otherwise) over the past 4-ish years, I think the policy is working really well.

👍🏾 

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Wouldnt that be nice if it was true, 2 guilds have been banned so far via forums stuff. one a 7day with final warning next being permaban. You dont get chargeback the money you spent on it either and if they do its a small portion of what u actualy spent.

From my understanding Ace is trying to hide all negative interactions from the public eye/people interested in buying the game, would be nice if they opened up a portion of the forums that only has access to people who have nought the game to discuss guild politic stuff. That people who havant purchased the game can see similiar to the Ace developer forums here now that only the high investors can see/access

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

This game is Alpha and it seems like everything in game can be debated on these forums. Why not the ToS? I read them I know what they say; you can be banned in game for actions on these forums.  Still doesn't make it right. How is a perma ban decided. Is there 1 moderator or a group of moderators that make the decision? I do believe there are things that you can do in game or on the forums that would warrant banning. I don't agree with Mandalore that jaywalking 100 times should get you the death penalty. 

16 minutes ago, bear said:

This game is Alpha and it seems like everything in game can be debated on these forums. Why not the ToS?

You can debate the ToS. That is the whole point of this entire forum section.

The Great Hall is the meeting place for members of the Crowfall® community to come together to talk about policies—such as the Rules of Conduct and Terms and Conditions—Customer Support and so forth. Share your ideas and suggestions. Voice your concerns. Debate. Discuss.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 12:36 AM, mystafyi said:

Most financial institutions I know would allow chargeback with no hesitation for that action.

Could you please mention said "financial institutions"?

On 3/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, veeshan said:

Ace is trying to hide all negative interactions from the public eye/people interested in buying the game,

Ace decided this board is not the way to express negativity against other players and they stated this fact clearly on their ToS.

If I remember correctly, years ago somebody opened a private forum intending to offer freedom for all people complaining about real or supposed wrongdoers.
It was unsuccessful.
Perhaps a similar attemp will have a better fate at this stage of development. You can try. ;) 

Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

Seeing people banned for political banter is debilitating to the game imo. Jay  walking no matter how many times should not constitute the death penalty. If you get enough tickets ie drivers license sure they may take your license. But they do not ban you from going to the store .  We are consumers in crowfall . We have spent a ton more money than we would a regular game. 

Ace has listened to the gaming community on the entire creation of the game. Accept where these forums are concerned. They ignore us in this instance . We have begged for more softer policy's and that has been rejected at this time. None of us feel that saying a simple thing such as soso guild "sux" should be a point and be the final straw on someones account. Ban them from the forum sure its your forum. In game  ? Their $1000.00 of dollars with no chance to recoup the loses is not what the player community desires. But, This is apparently not up for debate and they do not want or desire our input on this matter. So the choice's are.

1# Only post things here that help the creation of the game .

2# Test the game.

3# Only give constructive feed back on the game. 

We as testers have paid to help create the game we want to play. Know your role in this and don't step on toes. 

If a serial arsonist gets out on probation then violates his probabation his ass goes right back to jail.  Do not pass go.  Do not collect 200 bucks. Go directly to jail with your bad self.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

13 minutes ago, mandalore said:

If a serial arsonist gets out on probation then violates his probabation his ass goes right back to jail.  Do not pass go.  Do not collect 200 bucks. Go directly to jail with your bad self.  

He gets a court date , Hearing , Trial and, Still unless he murders someone does not get life   or death penalty. 

1 minute ago, dolmar said:

He gets a court date , Hearing , Trial and, Still unless he murders someone does not get life   or death penalty. 

He had his probation revocation hearing, was deemed guilty and summarily executed before the Sept of Balor.  If you can’t do the time don’t do the crime.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

He had his probation revocation hearing, was deemed guilty and summarily executed before the Sept of Balor.  If you can’t do the time don’t do the crime.  

Exactly the harshness that we are trying to avoid on the forums . Even if you do not care about the community , the game or its future. Others do that is why this is being debated. Anyone that is banned no matter the persons "most feel" should not be banned willy nilly . I see that you would only care if it comes to you and yours of course. Most in the community do not want any one banned for "banter" . Unless you are talking about a specific case? My statements are generalizing the forum rules ToS.

9 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Exactly the harshness that we are trying to avoid on the forums . Even if you do not care about the community , the game or its future. Others do that is why this is being debated. Anyone that is banned no matter the persons "most feel" should not be banned willy nilly . I see that you would only care if it comes to you and yours of course. Most in the community do not want any one banned for "banter" . Unless you are talking about a specific case? My statements are generalizing the forum rules ToS.

I think if it’s gotten to the point that you have received a 90 day suspension, then repelled said suspension through the required format; you're lucky to have gotten your second chance.  If you have the sword of Damocles hanging over you, it’s probably wise not to custard around and be a hooligan.  

Do I think every ban is the same?  Nope.  Will every ban warrant being permanent and for the confines of the game as well as the forums?  Nope.  Will some?  Yep.  This is their job, we are consumers but that doesn’t mean we own it and they have the right to tell rowdy miscreants to go play a different game.  

I’m a troll who’s been banned from basically every game I’ve played because eventually I say custard the rules and break them.  That’s not the games fault, I knew the rules and eventually said custard it.  It’s called personal responsibility.  I accept my actions and the costs that comes with them. It’s not Panns fault if I doxx somebody, it’s my fault for being an unpleasant person. 

I’ve made my argument for a subsection that is more lax but there are still hard no no’s and people who do those don’t belong in the forums and maybe the game.  If you can’t behave on the boards why the custard would they trust you in the game? 

wiDfyPp.png

9 hours ago, RikForFun said:

Could you please mention said "financial institutions"?

Wells fargo and usbank. Personally I have reversed charges on kakao and ncsoft through those banks. kakao's was 90 days of activity and ncsoft was 6 months. Both were for reasons not related to forum speech resulting in ingame ban.

10 hours ago, mandalore said:

I think if it’s gotten to the point that you have received a 90 day suspension, then repelled said suspension through the required format; you're lucky to have gotten your second chance.  If you have the sword of Damocles hanging over you, it’s probably wise not to custard around and be a hooligan.  

Do I think every ban is the same?  Nope.  Will every ban warrant being permanent and for the confines of the game as well as the forums?  Nope.  Will some?  Yep.  This is their job, we are consumers but that doesn’t mean we own it and they have the right to tell rowdy miscreants to go play a different game.  

I’m a troll who’s been banned from basically every game I’ve played because eventually I say custard the rules and break them.  That’s not the games fault, I knew the rules and eventually said custard it.  It’s called personal responsibility.  I accept my actions and the costs that comes with them. It’s not Panns fault if I doxx somebody, it’s my fault for being an unpleasant person. 

I’ve made my argument for a subsection that is more lax but there are still hard no no’s and people who do those don’t belong in the forums and maybe the game.  If you can’t behave on the boards why the custard would they trust you in the game? 

OK think of all the poorly made socks you have done to get said bans and then look at the Uncle Bob thread and tell me there is anything that compares to any of you r bans. Not even close right...

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, bear said:

OK think of all the poorly made socks you have done to get said bans and then look at the Uncle Bob thread and tell me there is anything that compares to any of you r bans. Not even close right...

On their own you’re right.  Nothing there in and of itself wasn’t worthy of a ban from a normal community member.  What If one of the people who was trolling had recently been the subject of a 90 ban for doxxing and had to already appeal the devs to let him have his accounts back?  Part of that appeal was him saying he will get zero warning points and that means he might want to always be cautious about what he’s posting or lose his five thousand dollar investment.  If that person continued to troll the boards and game then yea I can see them banning that person.  

Its about context.  Not every community member is on an agreed probation after doxxing somebody and if you are then you need to make sure you’re not being an unpleasant person on the boards. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

If you do not like the rules or in-game disciplines coming from usage of this forum, then make an unofficial forums.  Why rely on others for what you can do yourself?  If you want a no holds barred forum with a few basic rules, get input from the top guilds and find some moderators that people will trust and set it up.

This forum would still work for game/testing information and the unofficial for political+ activities.

Edited by Grimarr

If I do those things here then ban me please.  

wiDfyPp.png

On 3/8/2019 at 8:25 PM, mandalore said:

If I do those things here then ban me please.  

Yeah see I don't really want you to be banned either...

4 hours ago, bear said:

Yeah see I don't really want you to be banned either...

If I start doxxing people then I should be though.  If I acted like I have on Magicbane, League of legends, WoW, Shadowbane, SBemu or any other game I’ve been banned in then I deserve it.  If I get a second chance and I custard it up Bc I’m bored and I wanna custard with people then I deserve it.  I’m responsible for my actions and I know the rules.  

wiDfyPp.png