Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

One way for making leather worth it

Recommended Posts

Add body weight to the game . The heavier the armor the slower you are in combat. The heavier you are the more stamina retaliate takes

 

 This would make CC classes a little more viable , as well as be smart when you retaliate , instead of retaliating after every cc you now have to pick and play smarter. 

 

 Also this would cause people to mix and match armor . Which would eventually result in lower hitpoints if a plate/mail wearer Decided to use other off pieces 

Edited by yianni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought part of the reason leather/mail/plate was not addressed yet was an unfinished system that would take into account bulkiness/weight of armor. I for one would like having advantages/disadvantages to weigh when gearing up, improving characters and skill choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yianni said:

Add body weight to the game . The heavier the armor the slower you are in combat. The heavier you are the more stamina retaliate takes

 

 This would make CC classes a little more viable , as well as be smart when you retaliate , instead of retaliating after every cc you now have to pick and play smarter. 

 

 Also this would cause people to mix and match armor . Which would eventually result in lower hitpoints if a plate/mail wearer Decided to use other off pieces 

The heavier you are the less of an effect knockup/back affect you.

CC spec classes need a way through retaliate though, imo there CC should put retaliate on CD based on CC control vs defence

 

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In calculations such deep list of details trough character statistics - is this very necessary change (and not addressed only to professions/combat/noncombat-combat speed....yet) i think.. But there is good job till now how it works, and how it can be done anyway !!

Just think about it :) :
In one direction, how "total weight" can be implemented with only one Power - Retaliation -

- "timed delay cast" depending on total weight..
- "total movement speed affected for **** time" (this would be MY key point for total weight efects /even Mounted..) ...
- "cooldown affected to next Retaliation cast"
- "speed casts"..

Weight should be valuable 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally I think having mail armour and plate have negatives to damage/healing would make a good balance. 

as it is the only negative to wearing Mail or Plate is you don't get the bonus that leather would of given you. But the pro's severely outweigh the cons in terms to resistances it seems.

so maybe making mail give a minor negative to dmg/healing and giving plate a reasonable negative to dmg/healing could make the whole system a bit better. 

this is a simple fix and easy to implement quickly I reckon.

 

thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Khenjin said:

personally I think having mail armour and plate have negatives to damage/healing would make a good balance. 

as it is the only negative to wearing Mail or Plate is you don't get the bonus that leather would of given you. But the pro's severely outweigh the cons in terms to resistances it seems.

so maybe making mail give a minor negative to dmg/healing and giving plate a reasonable negative to dmg/healing could make the whole system a bit better. 

this is a simple fix and easy to implement quickly I reckon.

 

thoughts?

They can change Weapon Weight to Equipment Weight and add weight value to armor... though I already know at least one Knight player who I think would revolt at such a change. 😅


Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Khenjin said:

personally I think having mail armour and plate have negatives to damage/healing would make a good balance. 

as it is the only negative to wearing Mail or Plate is you don't get the bonus that leather would of given you. But the pro's severely outweigh the cons in terms to resistances it seems.

so maybe making mail give a minor negative to dmg/healing and giving plate a reasonable negative to dmg/healing could make the whole system a bit better. 

this is a simple fix and easy to implement quickly I reckon.

 

thoughts?

The way armor is positioned now isn't supposed to be a choice. Spec determines armor, and Plate>Mail>leather in terms of hp and mitigations

The concept of there being competitive reasons for players to choose their armor class was a failed experiment, which is why we no longer have armor minors. because better armor... is better armor.

Builds limited to lighter armor weights simply need more disc and talent options to account for their lower expected weight. That means more access to mobility tools and damage. This is a talent balance problem at this point, not a gear balance problem, because armor is no longer designed to be balanced against alternatives. The way the talent trees and discs are designed at this point assumes that better armor is better, not a comparable option. That's fine, and actually far easier to balance when attacked from the talent tree rather than the gear crafting angle.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh if leather was as easy to get as ore you see much more people rolling the leather classes, i havant touched leather classes cause of how much of a pain it is to get geared than a plater/mail wearer


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, veeshan said:

tbh if leather was as easy to get as ore you see much more people rolling the leather classes, i havant touched leather classes cause of how much of a pain it is to get geared than a plater/mail wearer

It takes about 2 seconds in Spring to get the leather.  It's not as easy as ML's but its fairly easy.  I also call BS on more people rolling leather classes.  We all know right now that metal is king with its HUGE mitigations and health perks.

 


"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pappy said:

It takes about 2 seconds in Spring to get the leather.  It's not as easy as ML's but its fairly easy.  I also call BS on more people rolling leather classes.  We all know right now that metal is king with its HUGE mitigations and health perks.

 

can get a 120-200 blue ore in 20 minutes solo not to mention alot of dust, leather u dont even get dust from skinning so thats another thing u gotta farm for ur armor aswell.


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...