Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pappy

Hunger Shard Gathering = Broken

Here is a screenshot of my Hunger Shard farming session.  I have 4 points into the Hunger Shard tree (wasted points?) and I was using Connoisseur the whole time.

Not even ONE Hunger Shard of any level/rank!  I hit over 50 nodes around the keep in Bardshofin Rank 2-9 with nothing to show for my time except 20 dust, 1 ember and some Sacrificial shards that are virtually worthless.  

I repeated this for each Season trying to get just one shard for my weapon.  Something is broken, calculations are off, training doesn't work, connoisseur doesn't work, nor anything else.

The 5% alone from Connoisseur should have netted at least 1-5 minimum.

hungershards.jpg

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Does anyone know if the seasons affect hunger shard harvesting adversely the same way they do everything else? Seems like Winter being the best season would make the most sense....

Edited by Samulus

20 minutes ago, Samulus said:

Does anyone know if the seasons affect hunger shard harvesting adversely the same way they do everything else? Seems like Winter being the best season would make the most sense....

They shouldnt anymore there all 1 plentiful harvbest now atleast thats what they say on the shard wether or not there working properly is another thing

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, veeshan said:

i gotten 2 legendaries and 5 purples out of 20 or so r10 hunger shards with 0 training, just using Connoisseur (Finerthings)

Were you using mining? What season? Connoiseur? Passive training?

43 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

Were you using mining? What season? Connoiseur? Passive training?

Fall and winter, Used connoiseur with pick axe no training in hunger shard but a bit in mining and many hours waiting for them to respawn

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Just now, veeshan said:

Fall and winter, Used connoiseur with pick axe no training in hunger shard but a bit in mining and many hours waiting for them to respawn

Did you have mining equipped? 

Also on test they been bumped up to two plentiful harvest over 1 they are now so should be coming a little easier to get when they do next patch

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 hours ago, pappy said:

Here is a screenshot of my Hunger Shard farming session.  I have 4 points into the Hunger Shard tree (wasted points?) and I was using Connoisseur the whole time.

Not even ONE Hunger Shard of any level/rank!  I hit over 50 nodes around the keep in Bardshofin Rank 2-9 with nothing to show for my time except 20 dust, 1 ember and some Sacrificial shards that are virtually worthless.  

I repeated this for each Season trying to get just one shard for my weapon.  Something is broken, calculations are off, training doesn't work, connoisseur doesn't work, nor anything else.

hungershards.jpg

This seems like a post that should be in the bug report thread.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

6 hours ago, pappy said:

hungershards.jpg

The training feels broken ! Maybee same problem that the Motherloads had 

Since i trained it ..i had no drops .. my other Acc (without any skill) got every 4-5Hunger Crystal a drop

I always thought it interesting, how you have to train into BOTH ore and stone to get the 3% buff. With passive training taking so long (remember this is supposedly THREE TIMES faster what it will be like at launch) , it seems like they could place this better and allow you to train it in one or the other. 

There is a way to maximize your Hunger Shard efforts.  I would say that the change to HS makes them drop less per shard but more often per shard kill.  There is less potential for total shards per minute gain.  That being said, you can still get consistent quality shards with the way it’s in the game right now.

Thanks for all the responses.  The picture I posted was just my winter season try.  All season were the same results.  I don't think I am just unlucky at this point, but I will post to the bugs because something is off.

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."