Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And we don’t get assist for healing, only doing dmg.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Which is why K-D-A leaderboards are such a poor representation of contribution for players who heal or spend more than half the gaming time harvesting and crafting.   These Leaderboards recognize individuals in a team game and give nothing to the team support/back-of-the-house players... 

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

16 minutes ago, VaMei said:

whispered in hushed tones among those within the hellcat community

So demon worshiping furries?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

For your consideration (not sure I fully agree with my argument, but try it on for size):

I think fundamentally, healing is useful insofar as it allows more damage to be done to your enemy.

If healing doesn't result in more damage, then it did not directly contribute to the war effort: 

• For example, if you're running around with a mate and they take fall damage, and you heal them... well, it saved them a run-back or whatever, but that is a few steps removed from adding points to your faction/clan. 

If healing does result in more damage, then it directly contributed to the war effort:

• For example, if you're running around with a mate and encounter another player(s). Your mate engages the enemy and they spar. If you weren't there, your mate would have died based on damage received, but you kept them alive and allowed them to deal more damage to the enemy.

Outcome:
    • The enemy dies: This is a direct result of your healing since your mate would have died without you there.

• The enemy doesn't die: This is a bit trickier, since it's not exactly analogous to the "fall damage" scenario. There was still a fight, and you contributed to the war effort by allowing your mate to continue fighting. The difference, it seems, is whether the damage your mate took was a result of combat, or non-combat, AND whether the healing was done in-combat, or out of it.

In order to calculate the actual "contribution" of the healer in the second set of scenarios, I think it could be done based on:

• damage received beyond the player's healthpool.
    • This is some indication of how many more points of damage that player was able to absorb as a direct result of the healer. It also ignores overhealing which is nice.

( (Damage received - initial max HP)   -  healing done ) while in-combat = contribution points.
      contribution points would then have some conversion rate into leaderboard stats. I also think you could just report the raw contribution points as a rank system among healers and not try to compare them to DPS stats.

So to track this, they'd need to track healing received from the healer, and not healing done by the healer. I don't think that should be too much of an issue. It's pretty crazy that this late into game dev, folks haven't figured out how to appropriately credit healers. 

What am I missing? How is this broken?

Edited by Tooltip
Maths