Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aurellius

Honest analyse and Critic of the Assassin class

Pros:

• Fun Class to play in open Fields( No keeps or forts)
  • High risk high reward Class
  • Hard to learn andeven harder class to master
  • Very dynamic class that can flip the tight of a battle

Cons:

• Almost useless in Keeps and Forts. As seatlth constitute the core mechanic of the class , assassin very limited in keeps and forts where this ability is blocked
  • Right now the Skills the constitute the BnB of the class misfire way to much , giving this class right now a russian roullete feel
  • Too much depend of Agent provocateur
  • Very hard, even impossible to solo capture outpost with R4+ Guards
  • Class gameplay very fast paced , making the class almost unplayable in the actual FPS game instability in big fight

Ideas to better the class:

• Forts and keep : 
    • Making stealth mode possible inside keeps and forts :
      • Forcing parties to have anti stealth units adding a layer of strategy to sieges.
      • Allowing real scouting- Recon, even Sabotaging
    • Backdoor mechanic like Warhammer online
  • Giving the Assassin more Debuffs and stuns
  • A saboteur Major discipline : for example planting bombs to destroy Siege weaponery and walls. Smoke bombs to block field of view.
  • maybe the possibility to deny points to the enemy instead of capture a point could be a good idea, as a light armor class , could be a good compromise:
    • For example: Planting a banner or something like that that complitely denies the points if nor destroyed or greatly reduce it.

I like some of your ideas, stuns and debuffs are fine imo they just need to make retaliate have a cooldown and it have no effect on cheap shot for vandals. Some of the debuff skills from disciplines are wonky to me. I am not fond of the 3 step process of hits with a little bar charging channeling. very confusing and disrupts flow of combat to me. Even the you tube guys never slot these wonky things

I think agent provocateur should be part of the assassins kit and not a disciplin. That would really make a huge difference. I know some play without it, but for me, being able to catch someone with a stink bomb, especially now mounts are back, is invaluable. I think we can do without the insane graphic for caltrops. Talking of graphics, there isn't enough graphical presence for flare, and there should be some sort of warning to let you know who has initiated molehunter / awareness.

The other thing I think should be in the assassins kit is an ability to remove bleeds. 

Im unsure if this bug is being worked on but all damage I do as part of an opener from stealth, seems to be refunded back to the enemy. I do a huge ambush or backstab, and then it just ends up not being counted. 

I have tried running blackguard for the first time last patch and must say it made the class far more enjoyable. I can actually brawl a little bit instead of constant ambush-stealth-heal repeat. As it is, using this technique, you can win every one v one you open, provided you are patient enough. I lose some of these fights because I dont have the patience to restealth and heal that one last time, and also there are many mechanics in the game that enable you to either take far less damage when on low health or deal far more dmg when on low health, so it is hard to judge, based on the past 90% of both of your health bars, how the fight will go for the last 10% of the health bars... it is wildly diffrene!

Enjoying the mail and blackguard may just be a style issue, but it may also be driven by the fact that combat is so poor at the moment that facing range, when they glitch around the map and are dodging backstabs through rubberbanding, just makes it preferable to play wearing mail. 

I would like the bleed skill: double down to be on blackguard, it just doesnt make sense where it is, as it should be pairing with Alligator blood.

I also dont like the fact that one spec has  +pierrcing, one has +slashing and one +crushing. As it stands it seems you can have any colour so long as it is black. You are being forced into a playstyle and any divergence from that cookie cutter will punish you. I want to run a dagger and a mace, but I'm playing blackguard and that only rewards slashing. So I have to now make a new weapon set. If patches weren't so regular and I wasn't switching spec so much this wouldn't have the same affect, but I sill believe you shouldn't be punished for wanting to run a different weapon set, especially with some disciplines being weapon dependant. Say you want to run Holy Avenger, but you only get rewarded for running maces, if you were to spec Vandal. 

Spirit dart should have a higher proc rate.

Retaliate should have a longer CD

4 minutes ago, EddyDeadly said:

I think agent provocateur should be part of the assassins kit and not a disciplin. That would really make a huge difference. I know some play without it, but for me, being able to catch someone with a stink bomb, especially now mounts are back, is invaluable. I think we can do without the insane graphic for caltrops. Talking of graphics, there isn't enough graphical presence for flare, and there should be some sort of warning to let you know who has initiated molehunter / awareness.

The other thing I think should be in the assassins kit is an ability to remove bleeds. 

Im unsure if this bug is being worked on but all damage I do as part of an opener from stealth, seems to be refunded back to the enemy. I do a huge ambush or backstab, and then it just ends up not being counted. 

I have tried running blackguard for the first time last patch and must say it made the class far more enjoyable. I can actually brawl a little bit instead of constant ambush-stealth-heal repeat. As it is, using this technique, you can win every one v one you open, provided you are patient enough. I lose some of these fights because I dont have the patience to restealth and heal that one last time, and also there are many mechanics in the game that enable you to either take far less damage when on low health or deal far more dmg when on low health, so it is hard to judge, based on the past 90% of both of your health bars, how the fight will go for the last 10% of the health bars... it is wildly diffrene!

Enjoying the mail and blackguard may just be a style issue, but it may also be driven by the fact that combat is so poor at the moment that facing range, when they glitch around the map and are dodging backstabs through rubberbanding, just makes it preferable to play wearing mail. 

I would like the bleed skill: double down to be on blackguard, it just doesnt make sense where it is, as it should be pairing with Alligator blood.

I also dont like the fact that one spec has  +pierrcing, one has +slashing and one +crushing. As it stands it seems you can have any colour so long as it is black. You are being forced into a playstyle and any divergence from that cookie cutter will punish you. I want to run a dagger and a mace, but I'm playing blackguard and that only rewards slashing. So I have to now make a new weapon set. If patches weren't so regular and I wasn't switching spec so much this wouldn't have the same affect, but I sill believe you shouldn't be punished for wanting to run a different weapon set, especially with some disciplines being weapon dependant. Say you want to run Holy Avenger, but you only get rewarded for running maces, if you were to spec Vandal. 

Spirit dart should have a higher proc rate.

Retaliate should have a longer CD

Assassins aren't the only class that uses Agent Provocateur. Should Duelists and Rangers get it as part of their kit?

Double-Down is a bleed. It makes sense on the DoT promotion (Vandal). Alligator Blood provides bleed resist, not damage.  Payback makes sense where it is, on the tanky promotion (Blackguard).

Both Rangers and Duelists get another method of healing other than bandages, but yes ALL classes should get some Pit Fighter healing because that class is broken AF.

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

This analysis will get worse when tracking is implemented. Assassins reliance on stealth to control encounters will be suspect at that point. Assassins as a result will grow weaker (as will all stealth classes).

Introduction of tracking will basically be a stealth-class nerf.