Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
excellogaming

Fall+Winter = Boring Times

Recommended Posts

Nope. It's pretty good. As Staff said, it's a good time to get out and smash some rocks because all the lesser trained harvesters aren't clogging up spawns.
Just went out last night to grab some minerals and stone for vessels and we came away with a decent haul.

PvP might fall off, but that's more time to PvTree unmolested :^)


231e101d88.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frykka said:

nope ^


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know it would kinda be cool if they did seasonal boosts as well. Obviously good drops in spring and summer, but if they boosted something in fall and winter like the hunger shards (make them higher ranked and add way more) in winter and perhaps a forage buff in fall since that's when a lot of people harvest crops or a skinning buff since a lot of animals usually go out in fall to get ready for winter. Just some sort of seasonal buff to keep people busy.

Point stacking is nice and all but for crafter/gatherers there isn't much to do towards the end of a campaign and seeing as they plan on making them longer, it's going to kill a good fraction of the playerbase at the end of campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 12:04 AM, Groovin said:

Nope. It's pretty good. As Staff said, it's a good time to get out and smash some rocks because all the lesser trained harvesters aren't clogging up spawns.
Just went out last night to grab some minerals and stone for vessels and we came away with a decent haul.

PvP might fall off, but that's more time to PvTree unmolested :^)

Booo

isnt the point of spring and summer to prepare for war in the fall and winter....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oneply said:

Booo

isnt the point of spring and summer to prepare for war in the fall and winter....?

In theory, yes.
In practice, no.
Right now, there's a missing piece to the puzzle of keeping players invested throughout the whole campaign, and especially something to fight for during Winter. Unskilled harvesters drop off as the season progresses, as they need more and more buffs to make gathering worth it. Of course you can still gather without 5ph, but it might feel wasteful to some if you're not at your full potential.
And once gatherers fall off, crafters follow too. Solo players would be the first to go, then smaller guilds without the backing of a consistent player base.
Then you're left without sheep in a world full of wolves.

Of course though, this is just speculation from a crafter/gatherer standpoint, and may not be indicative of reality.
You could probably also attribute the lack of activity to stacked factions, and the fact that a campaign can be deemed already won by late Autumn/early Winter


231e101d88.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Groovin said:


You could probably also attribute the lack of activity to stacked factions, and the fact that a campaign can be deemed already won by late Autumn/early Winter

From my short time I would venture to say this is more likely the culprit. 

There could be a way to boost losing factions ability to gain points in the winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, oneply said:

There could be a way to boost losing factions ability to gain points in the winter. 

Like maybe multiplying capture bonus by x4? 😏

It's already in there. Last campaign wasn't actually a lock for balance until after siege Sunday night. If chaos had pulled a rabbit out of their hat Sunday night and fought hard for 2 days, they could have won.

If they had come out swinging on Friday night, they would have had a very real chance, without needing a rabbit.

Edited by VaMei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaMei said:

Like maybe multiplying capture bonus by x4? 😏

It's already in there. Last campaign wasn't actually a lock for balance until after siege Sunday night. If chaos had pulled a rabbit out of their hat Sunday night and fought hard for 2 days, they could have won.

If they had come out swinging on Friday night, they would have had a very real chance, without needing a rabbit.

^ he's not wrong but that's not as catchy as mechanics are bad. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaMei said:

Like maybe multiplying capture bonus by x4? 😏

It's already in there. Last campaign wasn't actually a lock for balance until after siege Sunday night. If chaos had pulled a rabbit out of their hat Sunday night and fought hard for 2 days, they could have won.

If they had come out swinging on Friday night, they would have had a very real chance, without needing a rabbit.

Sarcasm lost I guess. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fall/Winter are capping time. Spring is resource gathering time. Which season is preferable depends on if you want to fight, or if you need to be advancing characters.

I think improvements to the capping system would make Fall/Winter my favorite seasons, especially once I've advanced a bit more. For now it's bittersweet. 


"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...