Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Samulus

The Presence of Mounts Once Again

Has anyone heard if they will be gone next campaign/patch? I kinda liked not having them in retrospect; there were no blitzkriegs or hasty retreats for those few weeks and it was kinda fun changing up builds to adapt.

Plus I seriously hate trying to dismount fluidly. 

There movement speed is being slowed next patch.

125% i beleive it was for the slow ones. (Down from 150%)
150% for the fast ones (Down from 200%)

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On test the speed change is noticeable when just crossing the world.

The real issue is how fast you can get on/off them, not really the fact they go faster.  We will eventually have to deal with the tactics that the speed provides, better to have us testing /experiencing that now than later.

4 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

On test the speed change is noticeable when just crossing the world.

The real issue is how fast you can get on/off them, not really the fact they go faster.  We will eventually have to deal with the tactics that the speed provides, better to have us testing /experiencing that now than later.

that also go increased from 1.5 second to 2 second mount speed i beleive aswell

Just loaded up test launcher
pack pig - 135% down from 150%
Swift 150% down from 200%
Mount speed increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds cast speed.

I reckon they could do with another .5 or 1 second increase but we shal see how thing go i guess with this increase.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

4 minutes ago, veeshan said:

2 seconds may still be too fast, but the main problem for me is the dismount actually. 

It's a rather awkward implementation currently to have to interrupt a second mount cycle to get off your critter, that if you don't interrupt, your still on it. Feels a bit like someone just starting to learn to drive a standard.  

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

i feel 3 second mount speed will be idea personally, dismounting does need to be a little easier its especially hard to dismount people as a melee class aswell. 1 hit from melee attack or 3 from a range attack should be suitable i would think to dismount. Or any hard CC

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Would love to hear how trail blazer/master is supposed to be a racial bonus when everyone can move faster with a mount and pathfinding takes longer than mounting.

Is half-elf actually good at anything in the current meta?

5 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Would love to hear how trail blazer/master is supposed to be a racial bonus when everyone can move faster with a mount and pathfinding takes longer than mounting.

Half elfs probaly not, there better options when capes become a thing they be better since there missing a slot :)

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

mounting should take the same amount of time as a recall or rez channel IMO [10+ seconds]

and more meaningful 'disabling' [or 'delay'] effects....

4nFXUZO.jpg

CAN MOUNTS BE ATTACKED? DO THEY HAVE HEALTH? CAN THEY BE KILLED?

Yes, yes and yes. Mounts are creatures in the world, so they can take damage and be killed.

WILL A MOUNT DEFEND HIMSELF, OR YOU, IF ATTACKED?

Yes, when you are not riding on a mount, the mount will defend itself and/or its master.

YOU SAID THAT MOUNTS CAN DIE. CAN FIGURINE MOUNTS DIE?

Yes, but figurine mounts have multiple lives. When it dies, the item takes some decay, and there is a delay timer before the mount can be summoned again. Remember that these are items, so they follow the same design philosophy as everything else: nothing lasts forever.

also....half elves

48 minutes ago, VaMei said:

current meta = EVER 😜

p.s. NO CAPES! and even then, just watered down human...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I know this is only pre-alpha and Mount speed makes testing easier but honestly it impacts PvP too much.    Mounting should be something used to traverse great distances not something that gets you out of PvP in 2 seconds. 

Just make the cast timer similar to recall and ensure that it can interrupted, also you may want to allow things like trail blazer to stack with mount speed.

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

Just loaded up test launcher
pack pig - 135% down from 150%
Swift 150% down from 200%
Mount speed increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds cast speed.

I reckon they could do with another .5 or 1 second increase but we shal see how thing go i guess with this increase.

I agree.  3 seconds to mount sounds even better.  Also, when dismounting, there should be at least a 2 second global cool down on powers.  Mounts right now are just too good. There should be more strategy in using a mount.  Knowing when to dismount or mount should be part of battlefield awareness.

Also... if a player is mounted and they get knocked down... could we please have the player now be dismounted ??  Throwing a knockdown ambush only for the player to wiz off on their mount with no issue is pretty lame.